GBM has been in touch.

General Biker Banter
MacV2

GBM has been in touch.

Post by MacV2 »

It's been a while but I received an electronic communication from GingerBeard Man today.

As suspected he has been unwell & very much off the grid.

Once again please dont PM him with well wishes & what not as he'll not respond as very rarely logs on.

He did say...''haven't been very well...but got a bit better'. Not dead yet....but not far from it''

& asked for that to be passed on.
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
grumpyfrog

Re: GBM has been in touch.

Post by grumpyfrog »

Thanks for the update Mac.
Tell him to stop being a hermit and giza shout.
Miss his mental banta
Don't hassle me
I'll get there at some time
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

Hope he's back with us soon

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
lumpyv

Post by lumpyv »

Give our him our best
3 out of 4 people make up 75% of the worlds population.
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

All the best ginger one. :thumbup:
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
macdee

Post by macdee »

Hello GBM
told you not to but oh no you knew better
alanfjones1411

Post by alanfjones1411 »

Come back GBM.Missing those long write ups.
SO WHEN DOES THIS OLD ENOUGH TO KNOW BETTER KICK IN
grumpyfrog

Post by grumpyfrog »

seriously Kev, that picture is like a pussy cat compared to the man in real life.
still funny mind.
Don't hassle me
I'll get there at some time
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

I'm pleased you've heard from GBM Mac :thumbup:
It would be good to see him back again if/when he feels up to it of course,

Chris.
Mav617

Post by Mav617 »

Aye, all the best fella.
I'm so unlucky that if there is such a thing as re-incarnation I'll come back as me!
TheGingerBeardMan

Post by TheGingerBeardMan »

FECH ME!!!

Well, well, well.

(3 holes in the ground!!!)

A very short reply (yeah....right)

To:

MacV2
Grumpy Frog (stu)
Kev VL
Lumpy
Fabio
Macdee
Alanjones14011
Sirch
Mav617......

What can I say Chaps? MANY thank for the kinds words! Touching? Yes. Very. Trust me. It ain't often my bottom lip starts quivvering. But, seriously, I can ''feel the love'. Although I have to ask Stu (grumpy) to step back a tad, as I can feel something else touching me as well.' :lol:

But, as MacV2 has mentioned, he did hear back from me, and alas (for him) it was a long drawn out email.

I'm writing this totally bombed out of my head with prescription meds, so my apologies if I have shedloads of spchelling mishtooks.

What can I say? It's been a year, near enuff as dammit. I can't believe it's been THAT long.

But, it's been pretty dire up here, and I'll try to spare you all the gories. (thank Christ fer that I hear you all shout!)

I spent a fair time in and out of Hospital, and am now only half the man I was. And that's literally half the man. If I turn sideways, you'll wonder where the hell I've gone. I look like something out of Belsen! I'm now having to use a walking stick on a regular (always) basis, and there's a carer lass that drops in to help me now and again.

Some things have been removed, others replaced, some bits shoogled about, and I was told to stay off the bike untill things got better, changed colour, looked healthier, grew back, didn't smell as rank, sloughed, and there was nuffin' left to pick at (scab wise)

So. Here I is. Back in the land of the living. Yes, it was touch and go for a bit (well, a LONG bit), and yes, I had to make arrangements (was advised) for the remaining Family to gather round. That was a bizarre moment in my life, as I never imagined what it would be like unless it really happened.....and....ferk me....when it did....get this.....NOTHING happened.

I only have my Mother 70 odd miles away (at coming up 70 years old), and my Brother (about the same disatnce), and neither of them could turn up to where I was due to their own medical issues.

So, I just lay there, on me own-some, thinking about funeral arrangements, what to insert into the local paper, who to leave my stuff to, and generally, what will people say when I'm gone.

Scary times.

But, I hate to piss you all off....as I'm still here. 8O

Regarding the forum, I have no idea how I'm ever going to catch up...so, my sincere apologies to all if I don't reply to your postings.

I REALLY want to swear on this thing. To use ''fech'' and ''fark'' doesn't really cut how I feel cut how I feel getting back on here and to what's happened.

But, again, I shall spare you all the gory details, and the tales of woe.

I was told to stay OFF the bike (and basically from driving all transport until I felt better), but I have defied them (like THAT'S a surprise! :lol: ), and took my Storm To Alford bike converntion 2016, where she was entered (and accepted) into the ''Modern Classics'').

I got my forks re-done (painted and looking like new), gave her a good wax and sh1t-loads of Autosol, and had a great day with her in the line along with other ''modern Classics'' - Well, it IS 17 years old afterall.

Exhibiting the VTR was great, and loads of folk came up and spoke to me about the bike, with a LOT of ex-VTR firestorm owners saying how sorry they were to sell theirs.

Then it came time to take the modern classics onto the Alford track for all the spectators to see and hear. SUPERB. Got me knee down in a few corners, and the noise was incedible! :thumbup:

The downside to taking the Storm to Alford was the health....it put me in my bed for almost a week. But, f**k 'em all that advised against it - it was well worth the ride down. No trophies were won, but she was entered into winning one by the general public, but lost out by a few points.

----------------------------------------

So, a LOT has happened in the forum. There are new members to whom I have not said hello to as yet. Sorry chaps (and maybe chappesses). I may get round to it.

I MUST say I was SEVERELY angered (and dissappointed) that you didn't get to drink a toast to me at OP Devon.... :evil:

Why was I angered? :confused

Well, I sent a bottle of Vintage Dows Port, and a bottle of Jack Daniels Honey in a box (well packaged), to MacV2 down in the bowls of Grain - and the bugger never received them.

They were in a box (well separated) so they wouldn't ''clink'' or raise suspicion en-route. Maybe one broke (if they dropped it) and it leaked, thus raising eyebrows....but I can't say. Some thieving bar-steward has them, that's for certain.

FARK ME - for someone that promised in his head that this wouldn't be a long post......look what's happened. Typical GBM huh? Nuffin has changed on THAT front. :roll:

-------------------------------------------------------

Ok. Here is where we're at...

My head (and body) tells me that I maybe ought to think about giving up riding bikes. Maybe get a car? But, as I said to MacV2, I wouldn't want to be seen dead in a car....unless it's a hearse :lol:

I'm still taking the odd cheeky ride now and again (I still have my licence, and am still allowed on the road.....it's just that when I do ride now, it's short hops....20 miles or so....and it fechs me up so much I'm in my bed for days after - I'm physically drained after it!)

The Storm is now at 43,300 miles, and still looks very respectable for a 1999 bike. Riding at the moment is ''interesting'', as I have less that 1mm of tread on me back tyre, and with temperatures at minus 4C or less, it makes for a elbow clenching ride. Ok (ish) on the straight...but, hit a corner with leaves frozen in the middle, and you could NOT get a hand rolling tobacco paper between the cheeks of my butt.

-------------------------------------------------

Oh crap. Look at all this. My mind has forgotten about all you poor buggers that have to trawl through all this. My head's on Auto-Pilot.

I'll end it here, and thank all of you from the bottom of my swinging brick (they say I don't have a heart...and that it's just a brick on a bit of rope.....going back and forth like a pendulum).

I wish you all well. I really do. No...it's not just words...I hope yer ALL doing well. I may find out otherwise as I try and get through some of the posts.

I have already found out that Mac had his tootsie nails removed. And then he upped it, by showing me his Radiographs of his Clavicle. BLOODY HELL. There's one-upman ship for you.

''Yeah GBM....you may have been sick...but look what I did....''

Proper pissing contest it was.

I properly nearly dies...and he shows me photos of his stuffed shoulder n' ribs.

Fair play...that WAS a proper break on his Clav....and despite my almost leaving this planet in a pine box...I hereby pass the pissing contest prize onto Mac. :clap: :beer:

May you all remain shiny side up (Mac excluded as he's shown he can't do that).

Electronic handshakes all round.

GBM

PS.... I may not reply to any replies immediately (or in the next few days)....as this has drained me more than a nubile nymphets neck during a Dracula visit.

:thumbup: :shifty: 8O :Beer1:
Last edited by TheGingerBeardMan on Fri Nov 25, 2016 1:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If it ain't broken...f*ck about with it until it is.

TAX: 1st March 2017
MOT: 16th March 2017
INS: 14th March 2017
TheGingerBeardMan

grumpyfrog wrote:seriously Kev, that picture is like a pussy cat compared to the man in real life.
still funny mind.
Yup - Ian Anderson (from Jethro Tull) is a scary dude these days (he was last met in Inverness running Strathaird Salmon) BLOODY nice bloke!. But, erm...yes...that's a tame picture compared to my scary fizog.

Stuff of PROPER nightnares I am. As Stu can testify to! Poor bugger never slept for a week after he met me. Was frightened to close his eyes for some reason.

TheGingerBeardMan

Hands up (after the return of the long post) those who wished I didn't come back????

I shall be the 1st to raise me hand.....

But for some reason...I seem to have developed cramp in the 3rd digits...

:Finger1:

MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Welcome back Dave.

Best wishes & all that.

Take it easy.

Get a tyre & ride safe when you can manage it.

The booze deffinatly didnt turn up...hic...honest...hic...burp...

Is it time for me to post that pic of your good self that you mailed me all those moons ago or will it upset Stu Grumpyfrog to much...?
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

this will sound very odd, but i really enjoyed reading that, i sincerely hope things improve for you GBM, you seem to have a great attitude towards life.
i understand what the docs say about staying off of your bike, but they fail to realise that bikes can be a source of therapy.
keep in touch buddy, you can always vent on here....... :thumbup:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!