job`s worth

General Biker Banter
bazzashadow

job`s worth

Post by bazzashadow »

shell garage A140 Ipswich road Norwich
there is one young lady that for the second time will not start the pumps until I put my bike on the stand.(I do remove my helmet and gloves first)
first time she done it I just said ok and rode off to another shell garage and filled up there.
this time and very unlike me I told her the world has gone mad with health and safety (in slightly different words)and rode off the fill up at Tesco`s.
if everyone in that garage and every other garage said the same thing then fair enough but it is only one jobs worth, stuck up,bitchy power freak girl
sorry :D
MacV2

Re: job`s worth

Post by MacV2 »

Find a station with a pay at the pump, pump... helmet on, sat on bike fill up...No chance of bilking as you have to put your card in first.

OK you will need a card to pay, although in the past I have seen them that take cash but you only get a £10 worth at a time & no change.
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
bazza696

Post by bazza696 »

MacV2 wrote:Find a station with a pay at the pump, pump... helmet on, sat on bike fill up...No chance of bilking as you have to put your card in first.

OK you will need a card to pay, although in the past I have seen them that take cash but you only get a £10 worth at a time & no change.
It's not law more of a guidance, and to be honest if you were straddling a bike when you spilt fuel down the side of the bike, if it touched the engine or exhaust and caught light, it will take a second more to get off the bike in which you may not be worried about putting the stand down, causing it to fall over and piss fuel all over the forecourt.

In this situation, I would rather be at the side to walk away than sat on an inferno.
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

bazza696 wrote:
MacV2 wrote:Find a station with a pay at the pump, pump... helmet on, sat on bike fill up...No chance of bilking as you have to put your card in first.

It's not law more of a guidance, and to be honest if you were straddling a bike when you spilt fuel down the side of the bike, if it touched the engine or exhaust and caught light, it will take a second more to get off the bike in which you may not be worried about putting the stand down, causing it to fall over and piss fuel all over the forecourt.

In this situation, I would rather be at the side to walk away than sat on an inferno.
Good point well made...which is why I put the stand down anyway & wear nomex grundies... :lol: :lol:
bazza696

Post by bazza696 »

MacV2 wrote:
bazza696 wrote:

Good point well made...which is why I put the stand down anyway & wear nomex grundies... :lol: :lol:
Malcom must wear them more often than you as he's more grumpier.
kenmoore

Post by kenmoore »

Here in Oz it is illegal to fill the bike whilst straddling it.

Pain in the ass sometimes but it's the same everywhere .
South Coast
New South Wales
Australia
Wicky

Post by Wicky »

Admittedly guy not sitting on his bike when it does tits up but it illustrates how quickly things go awry. - as Bazza said I'd not want to be sitting on the bike filling up...

Motorcycle ignites at gas pump, rider badly burned > http://www.cbs46.com/story/30215645/man ... t-gas-pump

[youtube][/youtube]
It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

ImageVTR Firestorm and other bikes t-shirts
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Nothing wrong with a nice fire, the bigger the better. Just think off the heating bills one can save on. :P
==============================Enter the Darkside
Wicky

Post by Wicky »

Don't let Frank see this

[youtube][/youtube]

Spiders complain about media hate campaign > http://www.suffolkgazette.com/news/spid ... treatment/
Upset house spiders have complained to press watchdogs after the media whipped up a deadly hate campaign against them.

Every newspaper and TV news station has reported about millions of huge spiders invading houses – and given advice about how to keep them out.

They have also been terrifying everyone with claims that the venomous false widow spider is on the march across Britain.

A perfect storm of summer weather conditions and abundance of food has increased the number of spiders harmlessly hanging about minding their own business.

But that has been seized upon by evil press barons looking to make money out of their readers’ fears.

Last night Boris, a friendly spider in Suffolk who represents the nation’s arachnid population, said: “Alwight, guv’nor. We’re ‘armless. No really, we have eight legs and no arms.

“Thanks to the press everyone now wants to kill us. We’re in a right two and eight,” complained Boris, 3, who moved from London’s East End to Suffolk because he’d heard people were nicer there.

“All we want to do is find a mate at this time of year, so we wander about a bit looking for ’em. Now we have to watch out for humans dropping books on us, or desperately yelling at their dogs or cats to eat us.”

Boris has now scribbled a letter in his spidery handwriting to the Independent Press Standards Organisation, claiming journalists are preying on readers’ irrational fears.

“Reporters are spinning a web of lies about us,” said Boris, who has 743 children.

Another spider, Jim, from Bury St Edmunds, added: “Don’t believe everything you read in the papers – for example, we actually love playing conkers, so leaving a chestnut in the corner of your room isn’t going to scare us off.”

A spokesman for IPSO said they would review Boris’ complaint.

An insider at Entomologist Concern said: “Spiders are friendly little creatures just going about their business. There really is no need to be so nasty to them.”
It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

ImageVTR Firestorm and other bikes t-shirts
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Wicky wrote:Admittedly guy not sitting on his bike when it does tits up but it illustrates how quickly things go awry. - as Bazza said I'd not want to be sitting on the bike filling up...

Motorcycle ignites at gas pump, rider badly burned > http://www.cbs46.com/story/30215645/man ... t-gas-pump

[youtube][/youtube]
Two things here... 1/ the F***WIT still had it running... 2/ the F***WIT had it on autofill...why for such a small tank ? Lazy Septic...

Darwin award heading his way no doubt...

Sorry for his injuries albeit rather self inflicted but it's only a Hardly D so no real damage done at the end of the day... :wink:
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

MacV2 wrote:. 2/ the F***WIT had it on autofill...why for such a small tank ? Lazy Septic...

... :wink:
was it a septic tank?
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

tony.mon wrote:
MacV2 wrote:. 2/ the F***WIT had it on autofill...why for such a small tank ? Lazy Septic...

... :wink:
was it a septic tank?
HD same thing really... :wink:
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Do you know gas go boom :lol: :lol: What a wombles idiot. And she was wrong too, well if she is referring to the liquid which is what the yanks call gas. It IS the gas that goes boom. Gas being the vapour. Stick a flame in the liquid and it will be fine, stick a flame to a spider with petrol vapour around and your get roasted spider.
bazzashadow

Post by bazzashadow »

by some of the comments, I can see the world HAS gone mad :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I needed some more today and it was a trainee on the Tannoy telling me "get off your bike"(same girl teaching him)
but I was really in a rush so got off the bike, filled up and went inside.
a bloke in front of me wanted some beer and fags and the trainee could not serve him because he was a trainee, not because of age.
so that made me start,
he tried to tell me its a shell policy, but the other shell up the road does not make you get off.
I think I should stop now
rant over
the old girl seems to run better on shell
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Nothing wrong with world that is perfectly natural it's just the one particular species that has gone doolally. Maybe it's because of the unnatural products contaminating this species. :roll: Personally I would be happy in a padded cell away from this species as I could do with the rest accept they don't have any posts available. :lol: