Gunn'a try......

General Biker Banter
darrenmartin

Gunn'a try......

Post by darrenmartin »

A new tyre make/type!
Any thoughts or impressions you guys have, will as ever be mulled over :think: and taken into consideration before my purchase (Friday all being well)
As always, many thanks for taking the time and effort to view and offer your valued thoughts :thumbup:
Iv been sticking with the Pirelli Diablo 2's and have nothing at all negative to say about these tyres. For me personaly these tyres allowed me to ride and exlplore my bikes handleing in a way id not experianced before.
The grip and the confidence to 'lean' the bike over was new to me. So i cant fault them. :clap:
However! iv just read up on the Metzeler M7 Sportec RR that MCN tested and these came out above all others :think: .......and this is where you guys come in....... :wave:
Cheers Darren.
Like Riding Thunder and Lightning
popkat

Re: Gunn'a try......

Post by popkat »

Got them on mine and really good tyre, better than the Pirelli's I had on my previous Storm.. go for it you'll be happy with them :thumbup:

http://www.bidefordmotorcycles.co.uk
2014 CRMC Post classic Superbike champion.
2014 CRMC Post classic senior production champion. On a Suzuki Katana 1100
My bikes, Firestorm, Suzuki GSX-s1000 Katana, VFR800Fi. Projects, 1986 popup Katana, 3 XJ600’s
Stephan

Post by Stephan »

got mine M7 for almost 8000 km now, and rear is reaching wear indicator. They are really good everywhere. Very good mileage, great on track and street, good on wet, quick warm up. Definitely recommend, I am going to buy them again.

Conti Sport Attack 3 would be my second choice, next Pirelli Rosso 3, but based purely on motorrad tire test which is trusted for me ...
darrenmartin

Post by darrenmartin »

Nice1 :thumbup: thanks for info......what sort of price should i be lookin at? same as Pirelli's ? :think:
darrenmartin

Post by darrenmartin »

Going for the Metzeler's, £255 drive in, drive out. HMT in Norwich. Thanks again for yhe input, ill let ya know how i find em :think: ..........yes, probably black and rubbery. I know at least one of ya was gunna put it... :lol:
darrenmartin

Post by darrenmartin »

M7 RR update, :thumbup: F#ck'in Awsome! Fantastic Tyres.
firestorm_al
Site Admin

Post by firestorm_al »

Michelin Road Pilot 4. :thumbup:
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

im in the same boat, tyre time and not sure what to have. good to hear what you think of the Metzs.
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
Varastorm

Post by Varastorm »

I too am in a similar situation.

I run two different wheel setups though, Summer & Winter.

Winter = Std wheels (rear 150-55-17) & (front 110-80-19)
Been through most common brands making this size & swear by Metzler Tourances.
Absolutely awe inspiring in the wet. Dry though I can run off the edge of the rear & tries to high side me. Hence the change for Summer.

Summer = Vtr/Cbr wheels (180-60-17) & (front 120-55-17).
I used to use a 55 wall rear Metzeler RaceTec, K2 rear & K1 front (ex BSB).
I really like these, mega lean angles & no dramatics tipping in. I found them very confidence inspiring.

Then this year, all change to Pirelli super Corsa's 180-60-17 & 120-55-17 (ex BSB).
I initially put low track pressures in these & found the tip in way too severe for my liking but I persevered & blamed it on the 60 profile.
I continued riding the scary bike like this through summer, until one day I had to take my lad to work so I upped the pressures to 38front 42rear.
On the way there it was the usual pillion ride, but on the way home it was a different bike, no really scary tipping in & back came the confidence to tilt her over to full lean again & nail it out of corners.

Live & learn :lol: What ever you choose, play with the pressures if you find it handles a bit odd :thumbup:

I admit when I do change the wheels over (from 19" to 17" front), it does take a few rides to get the bike to feel comfortable again.
Its like dropping you forks an inch in the yokes 8O