Tatties Cottage + Scottish NC500 Tour.

General Biker Banter
cheekykev

Tatties Cottage + Scottish NC500 Tour.

Post by cheekykev »

Me and cheekyads have just spent a week up in the Highlands of Scotland, we had a fantastic time :D :D the weather was kind to us, we ended up riding 1,100 miles on the bike over 3 days covering the whole 500 mile loop and many other routes inland plus Loch Ness, for those who have never been up to the Highlands it's a must, the roads are great, hardly any traffic, the scenery is unbelievable, the people are nice and friendly and can't do enough for you.
https://www.theguardian.com/travel/2015 ... -road-trip

We stayed at Tatties Cottage in Invergorden just up from Inverness, and I must say it was excellent; the standard of decor, furnishings, facilities and equipment was second to none, we wanted for nothing :D :D
Allan (Tattie as we know him on here) was a real nice down to earth guy who was willing to help out in way he could :thumbup: :thumbup:
If anyone is planning to go up there I strongly recommend Tatties Place.
He also mentioned that if a group of us from the forum wanted to go up he’d be more than happy to accomodate us, maybe a Highland Op Storm could be on the cards here :wink:

https://www.visitscotland.com/info/acco ... e-p1207241
Last edited by cheekykev on Tue Jul 26, 2016 9:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Like what you do
Do what you like
He who wonders isn't always lost
grumpyfrog

Re: Tatties Cottage + Scottish NC500 Tour.

Post by grumpyfrog »

Your a lucky lad to get the good weather, but even in the rain the roads are fantastic. Which way did you go? Clockwise or anti?
Don't hassle me
I'll get there at some time
Pete.L
Forum Health And Safety Officer

Post by Pete.L »

You Jammy ,jammy , jammy so and so :D
that's a trip I've always wanted to do. Did you manage to get any piccies for us poor unfortunates who just dream about doing things like that?
What did you use, the Blade, Storm or SP?

Pete.l
My new ride is a bit of a Howler and I love to make her Squeal
Mav617

Post by Mav617 »

Pete.L wrote:You Jammy ,jammy , jammy so and so :D
that's a trip I've always wanted to do. Did you manage to get any piccies for us poor unfortunates who just dream about doing things like that?

Pete.l
Or the cafe Beemer? Sounds mint mate :thumbup:
I'm so unlucky that if there is such a thing as re-incarnation I'll come back as me!
Jazzscot

Post by Jazzscot »

Just a wee point of note Kev

it aint a feckin LOCK

its a LOCH!

The "CH" should be correclty annunciated as if yo are bringing up flem from the back of your throat!

that's all, carry on :p
Everything good is bad
Everything bad is good
cheekykev

Post by cheekykev »

grumpyfrog wrote:Your a lucky lad to get the good weather, but even in the rain the roads are fantastic. Which way did you go? Clockwise or anti?
Did it in loops, so kind of did it both clockwise and anti clockwise in different sections.
Like what you do
Do what you like
cheekykev

Post by cheekykev »

Jazzscot wrote:Just a wee point of note Kev

it aint a feckin LOCK

its a LOCH!

The "CH" should be correclty annunciated as if yo are bringing up flem from the back of your throat!

that's all, carry on :p
Sorry, bloody predictive text, now corrected.
Like what you do
Do what you like
cheekykev

Post by cheekykev »

Mav617 wrote:
Pete.L wrote:You Jammy ,jammy , jammy so and so :D

Pete.l
Or the cafe Beemer? Sounds mint mate :thumbup:
We did it on the Blade, couldn't really do it on the SP coz cheekyads cant last long on the back of it, plus pillion just upsets it, you lot haven't seen Ads lately, he's now 6ft tall and 12 stone, the SP doesn't like it, its bad enough for the Blade now, couldn't use the BMW coz its a single seater, would liked to have done it on the Storm, that would have been much better for Ads but the fuel range would have been a real usue.
Like what you do
Do what you like
tattie

Post by tattie »

Hi Kev,
Many thanks for the kind words.
It is always good to meet new faces and have a blether, I am missing the crack already.

Needless to say the weather has deteriorated as it was only 14 degrees today and not the 28 of last Tuesday.

As Kev said I mentioned that if a few of the stomers/ SPrs fancied a few days up here then I am sure we could accommodate you, if you don't mind sleeping on the floor/sofa.

I will need to get working on the SP project.

Cheers

A.M.
Common sense ain't all that common!
grumpyfrog

Post by grumpyfrog »

Looks like Jazz is missing his work already. Not long now till your back shouting at the little sods.
Good to see that you did loops Kev. Yip the Official 500 route is very good, but it misses out all the best ones in the middle that let's everyone else admire them.

Which way did you head up? Straight up the A9 or west coast? There's far too much choice.

Pete, pick a week and get your butt up here, plenty of places for you to bunk down at.
Don't hassle me
I'll get there at some time
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Yes you were very fortunate with the weather Kev :thumbup:

Being in the building trade and going by the photo's, I thought Tatties place looked very well finished off :)

Chris.