TodaysTV

General Biker Banter
Kev L

TodaysTV

Post by Kev L »

Anyone else watch the WSB on Quest? I quite liked the fact it was on an entertainment channel for a change. The ultimate biker challenge shows were ok but the twist the throttle shows were really interesting, certainly better than watching tennis, darts or bleeding snooker between the races.
Good results as well.

Anyone watch new Top Gear? I thought it was a promising start with enough of the original show to make it feel familiar but with a few new twists. Not bad.
:beer:
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
lumpyv

Re: TodaysTV

Post by lumpyv »

I thought top gear was pants. :( .

but then I was bored with old one.

I don't mind chris evans but he is a smug git on radio 2 in the mornings
3 out of 4 people make up 75% of the worlds population.
Virt

Post by Virt »

Turned top gear off after 12 minutes, just after the joke about Evans throwing up in the Audi..

The delivery of the joke was almost like they were reading it off a teleprompter and not knowing their next line..

I know top gear was always scripted, but at least it was natural with Clarkson, Hammond and May.

Sent from my PE-TL10 using Tapatalk
Slowly approaching the more bikes than birthdays achievement
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

I think TG have missed a trick by making it too samey...I mean they havent even changed the furniture for the Star in a car bit...

Still have the 'some say' line when it's the Stigs go...

Evans is a smug git on radio or TV...

It deff wont be a must see from now on for me...record & watch at leisure or even wait for the inevitable repeat on Dave... :lol:
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

I thought top gear was pants, chris was trying to hard, matt was ok tho. as mac said they made it to samey, they had a good chance to try something new but failed imho..... :thumbdown:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
vanstub

Post by vanstub »

top gear was proper shizen and evans is a tw@t :Mad3: was only able to stomach it for 3 mins then had to turn it off :wtf: watched the NW 200 on BBC i-player instead'lot more entertaining
/b]
Life's too short for plain biscuits :thumbup:
Dendrob

Post by Dendrob »

agentpineapple wrote:I thought top gear was pants, chris was trying to hard, matt was ok tho. as mac said they made it to samey, they had a good chance to try something new but failed imho..... :thumbdown:
+1

I don't know the "ins and outs" of why that might be, but it was a golden opportunity missed IMO. Maybe clarkson still has some hold?

In the opening moments I thought Evans was deliberately doing a parody job of clarkson, for a giggle. But no, it seems that "style" is for some reason intrinsic in the show. Clarkson had made it his own. Time to move on. Unless they simply don't have the artistic invention ........
Mav617

Post by Mav617 »

It's Monday, which means that at nine tonight I'll be glued to Game of Thrones. Can't wait :Beer Popcorn:
I'm so unlucky that if there is such a thing as re-incarnation I'll come back as me!
SmileyVTR

Post by SmileyVTR »

Top Gear....watched it but did get a little bored.

Why not change? Original TG was/is BBC's largest global brand so no-one would risk a change a potential drop of that market share.
BUT if ratings fall + poor reviews then I'd expect them to look to change (to what everyone is asking for)...so we'll see. I was hoping for something fresh.
lumpyv

Post by lumpyv »

SmileyVTR wrote:Top Gear....watched it but did get a little bored.

Why not change? Original TG was/is BBC's largest global brand so no-one would risk a change a potential drop of that market share.
BUT if ratings fall + poor reviews then I'd expect them to look to change (to what everyone is asking for)...so we'll see. I was hoping for something fresh.
I liked the original top gear :thumbup:

I think Angela rippon and Michael Rodd were on it, lots of stuff about Talbot Alpines iirc
3 out of 4 people make up 75% of the worlds population.
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

I did like the star in a rally cross car bit tbh .
It think it'll take time for it to become good .
Sabine needs a bigger part tho
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

lloydie wrote:I did like the star in a rally cross car bit tbh .
It think it'll take time for it to become good .
Sabine needs a bigger part tho
Any suggestions as to what "bigger part" you would like to give her? :)
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

I would but I'd get banned !!
Seeker 77

Post by Seeker 77 »

Top Gear was a big disappointment. Whilst a lot of people made a big thing about watching this OR The Grand Tour, most of us would just like to have two programmes to watch rather than one. Evans was a complete tit and looked really nervous as if he was trying too hard. LeBlanc was actually really good, and his delivery was much better than Evans' and looked more natural. Ultimately I will continue to watch it because it means an hour without being bothered, but I think that whoever said they've missed a trick was bang on. Top Gear was already going stale and this provided an opportunity to give it a complete makeover, rather than carry on banging the nail out of sight.

Harris and Schmidt need a much bigger part, rather than hiding them online in Extra Gear.