monkeymatt

Interesting reading on fb

Post by monkeymatt »

Interesting reading,
Thoughts anyone
Kev L

Re: Interesting reading on fb

Post by Kev L »

Don't recognise the bike, but I can only see the one picture and comment, not being a member of FB. Serious mods of this kind are always going to be subjective when comparing the quality of workmanship involved. You would hope anyone doing that kind of work would be belt and braces with their attention to detail, and anyone buying a bike with that kind of mod needs to have a good working knowledge of what should have been done and the materials required.
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

I have commented a couple of times on the facebook thread, and even i'm shocked by what's been uncovered. I know most on here don't do facepoop, but the info is worth a read and avoid these people having anything to do with your bike.
btw the first bike in question is the property of playerone, or should I say was the property. :(
Last edited by agentpineapple on Thu Apr 14, 2016 5:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
Virt

Post by Virt »

I saw it pop up on FB yesterday, but didn't think anything of it..

Read through it now, and honestly I'm speechless.
Slowly approaching the more bikes than birthdays achievement
Miztaziggy

Post by Miztaziggy »

Wow, I read through that and I'm shocked.

Didn't expect Anotherbikerbabe from this forum to be scamming people like this.

Personally I would have taken them to small claims court and sued for the money back.

Read through the comments from Neil Ledgerwood if you get chance, he posts screenshots of the texts, I don't understand how he's not raging mad.
playerone

Post by playerone »

Miztaziggy wrote:Wow, I read through that and I'm shocked.

Didn't expect Anotherbikerbabe from this forum to be scamming people like this.

Personally I would have taken them to small claims court and sued for the money back.

Read through the comments from Neil Ledgerwood if you get chance, he posts screenshots of the texts, I don't understand how he's not raging mad.
I wasn't particularly happy........
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

whats it say whats it say lol..im not on farcebark so can only see one comment :eek2
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
Pete.L
Forum Health And Safety Officer

Post by Pete.L »

Nor me.
What's happened Neil?
My new ride is a bit of a Howler and I love to make her Squeal
Mav617

Post by Mav617 »

Pete.L wrote:Nor me.
What's happened Neil?
Yeah, spill please as I don't do Facebollox either :?:
I'm so unlucky that if there is such a thing as re-incarnation I'll come back as me!
StormyRob

Post by StormyRob »

There is something like 140 comments with comments also attached to them. Quite a big thread.

In essence two people have been shafting bikers. It really is long winded. Im at work now and cant elaborate as much as needed!

:beer:
If you don't try you never know if you can do it.
SmileyVTR

Post by SmileyVTR »

There aren't enough expletives. I've been casually watching the post, just fully read it. Words fails. DISGUSTING.

This wants legal action. :Argue 1:
Mav617

Post by Mav617 »

Mav617 wrote:
Pete.L wrote:Nor me.
What's happened Neil?
Yeah, spill please as I don't do Facebollox either :?:
Actually although not a member I did manage to read the other comments. Basically, AnotherBikerBabe and her fella, Dave, took money to do work, badly and over months that pretty much shafted Playerone and he wasn't alone. They've stiffed a few others also by the look of it.
I'm so unlucky that if there is such a thing as re-incarnation I'll come back as me!
Miztaziggy

Post by Miztaziggy »

For anyone not on facebook here's the gist - when copied from facebook, the name is copied first in the quotes:
Dean Spybal
11 April at 19:05
So I picked up a Honda firestorm with a single sided swingarm apparently it's just had a lot of work recently.all I can say is whoever done the work stick to shuffling paper as obviously not cut out to playing with spanners or working on anything other than your mecano set !!!!
Gaz Postans
What's up with it m8
Dean Spybal
Wiring bodged up and most not connected properly .rear brake switch wombles .
Swingarm not in line with front sprocket. Rounded off bolts everywhere .nightmare.
Dean Spybal
Incomplete rearsets !! The person it came back from obviously needed the missing parts ...so in essence useless. Sp front end can't remember 1 or sp2 .sprocket cover is ok albeit bodged on
Lloyd Catterall
Looks like Tracy Mckie Peart daves handy work
Dean Spybal
Your not the only one Martin Vtr I really don't know what to say .
I'm gutted and disappointed at the same time thankfully it hasn't been ridden or caused any injury just wish people would play with lego instead of playing with people's lives
Dean Spybal
Ready for an mot they say......where's my bloody exhaust studs
Scott Bent
feck me that bike is never ready for an mot, whoever did that is an utter juggler, talk about dangerous. a real shame as I can see the previous owners has got some very special parts. i'm sure it can be a great bike, but it needs to be completely stripped down a fully checked over. name and shame these fiddler that are willing to put a fellow rider on a dangerous bike
Peter Neil Beckingham
She's also asks me to build her 2 braced swingarms, I've got the equipment to build them now and let her know, she said she had other stuff to pay for now and will now have to say no to them,
So pissed off and out of pocket myself,

Good luck with the bike mate, sure it will be good once it has had a full strip down and rebuild,
Tracy Mckie Peart
I've been away working since last week, so anything you need to say/ ask you best address it to Dave Peart as I've no idea why you tagged me, I dint work on any bikes but you you can fire questions to dave, he's not a member so you can ask him yourself but as for defending myself? For what exactly? And I'm sure dave will happily share exactly what he may or may not have worked on as work was continued on a bike AFTER it was handed back and was asked for before it was mot ready so fck me, ask him and he'll give you all the facts before you all the facts before you launch an attack on anyone without really knowing wft you're talking about. More fool you for not asking or checking before buying.. Like I say, a lot of work could have been redone, re jogged and not be as was then. Best get ut from the horses mouth before spouting off mate.
Tracy Mckie Peart
2014? Summer 2015 before we went to Spain n it was a car full of parts that didn't fit or weren't right ones. You need to get it straight from Dave Peart n he'll tell you EXACTLY what he did / didn't do and that way you'll what was done badly after handed back! Ffs, get the truth first and he demanded it back to sell to you obviously and if you know so much, how come you bought it like that!! DOH
Tracy Mckie Peart
Since you're not that far from Dave Peart he can tell you to your face exactly what has gone on and into that bike, aby time you're free, you let him know, we're not far from Cardiff! Get the truth n fund out for yourself.
Dean Spybal
1st of all tracey before you throw your toys out I haven't accused anyone nor done anything to the bike since it was picked up . And to be quite honest I'm not bothered. I brought the bike as a project so I can't really complain. I posted it on here as I thought it was a handy group to be involved in as I will probably need advise from many people. I was asked to post pics which I have done.
I didn't have a clue who worked on the bike prior and don't really care. And don't swear if its directed at me. I don't know u and you don't know me .
Since posting on fb I have found a lot of info out regarding the bike and SOME history. I don't need to ask for facts about it. You state above "dave" collected the bike summer 2015 ???
Total rubbish when it states on your profile you collected it 21st November 2014 .....Yes that's right 2014 and pics of it being worked on Jan 2015 and further posts about still working on the bike June 2015 .... i think you need to get your FACTS right 1st .

Then loads of photos proving his point and that she's lying. FB won't let me copy here.

Dean Spybal
Would you agree it's the SAME bike .!!!! And the time line of dates doesn't really bow well for you when u STATED it was COLLECTED summer 2015 does it when pics prove it was 2014 .again I'm not bothered just like a bit of honesty that's all
Neil Ledgerwood
Right, I am the previous owner as correctly assumed in earlier posts. I've been following this but until this afternoon had no intention of posting anything........however, now my integrity and honesty has been called into question by some of the posts/replies I feel I don't have much option but to make a post. For the record I've never posted anything about this saga until now but now that I have to, it will be everything..............but I'm just in from work so you'll have to wait a while.
Neil Ledgerwood
OK then, I'll start off by saying the pictures posted of the bike in this post are exactly as I got the bike back....from the moment it was brought back and put in my garage to the moment it was wheeled out to leave my garage, I never put a finger on it and neither did anyone else....now to when it was collected, it was Dec 2014 and this is how it looked
Neil Ledgerwood
slightly different to how it was described as "a frame and a boot load of parts that didn't fit or were ill fitting" unless that was the tank, fairings, stick coils, rest of the harris rearsets and various other bits and pieces...........now along with this I also handed over £250 to get started with buying bits that it obviously needed, chain, battery etc etc
Neil Ledgerwood
the forks and swing arm were NOT checked in any way or form and that information was passed on along with the fact the the radiators needed moving....some may question why fit parts and not get them finished........well lack of time, short attention span and i'll quite openly admit lack of technical ability.........I bit off more than I could chew myself which is why it ended up with someone else in the first place
Neil Ledgerwood
now some of that may be disputed but bearing in mind I was paying for this, it was in my best interests to make sure that as much information was passed on as possible...........now I knew dave was working away from home at the time and no time scale was put on it other than wanting it back for the trip to Spain in Sept 2015 so I wasn't in the least bit concerned when there were no updates as i knew he only had weekends at home for the first few months it was across there...spring rolled into summer and I got a few updates, this was getting done and that was getting done and it was getting there and in Aug I get this message saying it was basically done and would be ready for the mot any day -

Loads of photos screen shots here showing proof of all text messages etc

Neil Ledgerwood
a few days later I got another message asking me to phone Dave, there were no exhaust studs on the front so the exhaust couldn't be done in time for the mot so that was it until we all got back from Spain as there wasn't time to order them and get them delivered in the time we had left.........however I'd already paid the bill on the same day I'd got the message telling me how much it was
Neil Ledgerwood
then it just went downhill, Oct I inquired about it, waiting to hear back from his mot guy........Nov I inquired twice and got the same but he was thinking of putting his exhaust on to get it through the mot.......I then took a trip up to see what was going on and sure enough there was no exhaust on, more worrying was there were no fairings on it either however after a brief conversation about the exhaust i described what I wanted and new link pipes would have to be made and I would pay for them on top of what I'd paid already, that must have been january 2016 as thats when I sent him the name of a custom exhaust place in Swansea
Neil Ledgerwood
Roll on march and still nothing so this was how I "demanded my bike back"
Neil Ledgerwood
I got it back on the 12th March and the sole reason for asking for it being returned was the time scale and not as insinuated that I'd already sold it on
Neil Ledgerwood
Now the eagle eyed of you might have spotted something missing from the pic at the top of all this..........the gear selector rod, I asked about this when it came back and was told it wasn't in the box with the rest of the stuff...........strange
Dean Spybal
Just to add a bit more.
Earlier today I had a message from someone on fb who also sent their bike to the same people who paid £800 yes you read it correctly 800.
The bike was apparently returned with only approx 60% of the instructed work completed.
Which some had to be redone.
All communications to the pair relating to this work have been ignored
Neil Ledgerwood
Dec 14 to Mar 16 and £700 is the reason I wanted my bike back..........some of you may believe me, some of you may not, quite frankly I don't give a wombles either way, i'm just putting my side forward.
Dean Spybal
So between 2 bikes Inc this one of mine the people in question have and £1550 in money and work not completed .that is really bad ripping off fellow bikers putting people's lives at risk . And then having the front to blame everyone else for mistakes or claiming someone has interfered with the work. Total bullshit lies nothing but lies .all the time.
And showing off the "special" knock off parts purchased for Thier own bikes paid for by hard working people who have been lead up the garden path parting with cash based on bullshit. You tracey should be ashamed of yourselves ripping people off for your own material gain. And to think you could even get away with it. You came straight out all guns blazing making all sorts or accusations!!!!! What was this purpose to hide your guilt?
You are a thief and a lier. Every post you post should be taken with a pinch of salt as you my dear are full of sh1t
Dean Spybal
In total at the moment it's 4 different bikes effected with a minimum cost of 750 and the highest being 2k
Last edited by Miztaziggy on Thu Apr 14, 2016 8:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
playerone

Post by playerone »

well that saved me a job...
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

after reading all that. am i right in thinking theres one or more total coonts involved here. hopefully nobody on this forum :eek2
Last edited by fabiostar on Thu Apr 14, 2016 8:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
the older i get,the faster i was :lol: