Non bike rant......

General Biker Banter
StormingHonda

Non bike rant......

Post by StormingHonda »

I've been a shop steward where I work for around a year and a half, I enjoy the work, my work involves finding out information about stuff the is going on that may effect my area and representing people when they get into trouble through their own fault or not.

A lot of time there's stress, but I have learned that not everyone will like you, not everyone will agree with decisions and your always going to get your haters.

But what really wombles pisses me off is the backstabbing, gossiping and accusations.

There's been a kick off where I work that involves another shift, I can see both sides of the argument and have done what I needed to resolve the problem, however I am getting really angry with a few people who are so called mates, one of which says crap behind my back, get's aggressive over stuff that I have no control over and even talked about getting a petition because I made a ( genuine ) mistake, then pretends to be my mate.

Has anyone here been a Union rep?, if so WTF do you do with these people?.
Wicky

Re: Non bike rant......

Post by Wicky »

WTF do you do with these people?.
Put Picolax in their tea at work :D

Seriously, talk to him and listen to what his problem is - invite him over for dinner?? If it doesn't go well take him out the back of your bike... :wink:
It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

ImageVTR Firestorm and other bikes t-shirts
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

I was a Union Rep once upon a time...

1st step is talk to your local Union Steward & ask his advice.
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

i was once union rep years ago and the only way to understand it is.

humans are by and large, coonts.. you cant keep them happy unless it goes the way THEY want....do what you think is right thats all you can do mate
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
StormingHonda

Post by StormingHonda »

I thought the situation was put to bed, but the same people have stirred it up AGAIN Its not even my fault or anything to do with me, it involves another union rep, I am getting accused of telling him stuff that they say, but its the same people all the time, in a way its not personal because I know if I wasn't the union rep they would be like this with someone else, but its starting to feel personal.

Its like they just can't help themselves, like they have a crap stirring OCD.
Big_Jim59

Post by Big_Jim59 »

fabiostar wrote:i was once union rep years ago and the only way to understand it is.

humans are by and large, coonts.. you cant keep them happy unless it goes the way THEY want....do what you think is right thats all you can do mate
That's the wisest piece of advice I have seen in a long time.
Motorcycling is a tool with which you can accomplish something meaningful in your life. It is an art." Theresa Wallach
StormingHonda

Post by StormingHonda »

fabiostar wrote:i was once union rep years ago and the only way to understand it is.

You're right, the amount of times things haven't gone their way and I get blamed for it, it really does test your patience with people.

Then you get the people that you pull out of the sh1t, then slag you off behind you're back.
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

People only want to see their Union rep when they've done something stupid.
Open the conversation with that sage advice, and everything will go smoothly.

Even if they hate you and slag you off, at least you'll be right every time.

I was Union rep when I was working on the barges, towing domestic rubbish out to sea and dumping it in the shipping lanes, so politicians could blame the international whaling fleets, back in the day.

I got into trouble after tried to curry favour with the bosses, using my position as an Union Bargee,, things got too hot and I was posted to the Gobi Dessert. it was very chilli at night*

*This may not have actually happened.....
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
bigtwinthing

Post by bigtwinthing »

Dealing with staff can be a bloody nightmare. help them and they think theres a cunning plan afoot.Disipline them and they hate you for ever or until they need a day off! Bollock them and they complain that you used to be there mate. Don't let a serious feck up go bye thats cost thousand and your an arsehole! managing staff, i love it. Iam always right, iam the boss!lol :lol:
missing the noise, not the vibes. However never say never!
Saintsman27

Post by Saintsman27 »

Its human nature .. there is in every walk or profession in life some back stabbing
barsteward who delights in getting his two penneth out of you... why I don't know
but it happens ... better finding out whos holding the knife M8tey .. he could meet a
sorry fate one dark evening and slip on a banana skin.. :thumbup:
StormingHonda

Post by StormingHonda »

Well if they carry on there's always more than one to skin a cat ( excuse the pun ) and sometimes an opportunity comes up, let them try to redeem themselves until it does :)