Bottom fork yoke

General Biker Banter
NZSpokes

Re: Bottom fork yoke

Post by NZSpokes »

Best you send one to me for testing in NZ. They may not work well here so we better check. :beer:
Stephan

Post by Stephan »

NZSpokes wrote:Best you send one to me for testing in NZ. They may not work well here so we better check. :beer:
no problem if you pay for it, but this one is for 45 mm forks :-) Right now I don´t know the final price and I need to ride it on my bike. It is not cheap, price would be somewhere at 200-220 GBP + shipping, so it is question if there would be real buyer.
After that, I can imagine I will send one piece and wait for good feedback or return, and your track vid seemed to me fast enough, what I remember :-)
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Stephan wrote:new lower triples are ready for the test fit on my bike. I will take better photos on daylight, and tell more in single topic if everything goes well ...

Well it certain looks the business 8) keep up the good work Stephan :thumbup:

Chris.
Stephan

Post by Stephan »

new lower triples are on the bike, test was without problems. There is approx 470g weight saving, surprise for me, I didn´t expect any :-) There are no stoppers on new triples, but on the other side, bolts are longer than fitted, so in total it is similar.

I am going for the test ride today and try not to blame myself, but real test will be on racetrack.

Stephan

Post by Stephan »

Stephan wrote:I am going for the test ride today and try not to blame myself
not sure how succesfull I was, because after test ride, I feel like there is significant improvement in handling. Front is now firm and solid, without vague feeling. Cornering and braking seem to be much better.
NZSpokes

Post by NZSpokes »

It would seem Daugherty Motorsports has the same idea.

https://www.facebook.com/Daugherty-Moto ... 435327781/
NZSpokes

Post by NZSpokes »

I still wonder what a new yoke on the stock forks would do.
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

If try one lol
Stephan

Post by Stephan »

NZSpokes wrote:It would seem Daugherty Motorsports has the same idea.

https://www.facebook.com/Daugherty-Moto ... 435327781/
interesting, but my idea was different. This lower triple was designed as direct replacement for old steel honda one´s. You just swap the one part with new bearing. I didn´t do upper triple, as it is only cosmetic, not performance improvement.

I believe it is noticeable upgrade on 45mm as well as original vtr 41 mm forks. If I would have these made before I swap to blade forks, probably I would have stayed with oem ones which were tuned as well, and in expensive way.
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Stephan wrote:
Stephan wrote:I am going for the test ride today and try not to blame myself
not sure how succesfull I was, because after test ride, I feel like there is significant improvement in handling. Front is now firm and solid, without vague feeling. Cornering and braking seem to be much better.
More clamping area on the new bottom yoke, plus you now have two bolts instead of one on each clamp, that will be making a difference I'm sure in making it feel firmer. Nice job 8)

Are you going to be using bolts in those two holes for steering stops :?:

Chris.
Stephan

Post by Stephan »

sirch345 wrote:Are you going to be using bolts in those two holes for steering stops :?:

Chris.
there are machined small cylinders with threads and secured by nuts, trimmed not to hit front bracket. Horn is attached at bottom to one of these.
kenmoore

Post by kenmoore »

I have a Coerce fork brace on standard forks modded to suit my needs.

I love the look of this quality kit, however I can't help but wonder how much better it is than the standard lower with a fork brace fitted.

For a bling factor it is "Cool" and I would love one for my bike.

Any chance of a standard one being reviewed by a member on here?

Great work! :thumbup:
South Coast
New South Wales
Australia
Stephan

Post by Stephan »

kenmoore wrote:I love the look of this quality kit, however I can't help but wonder how much better it is than the standard lower with a fork brace fitted.

For a bling factor it is "Cool" and I would love one for my bike.

Any chance of a standard one being reviewed by a member on here?

Great work! :thumbup:
I had standard forks with coerce brace, and brace doesn´t help much imo, difference is small. I am now checking mate´s working capability and willing to cooperate (he made CAD draw, stem, stoppers, and press the parts together for me), and when I will be sure I am able to make another one for VTR 41mm forks, I will create feeler topic in workshop section.

But right now I can tell that final price would be 210 GBP, not really cheap.
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Stephan wrote:
sirch345 wrote:Are you going to be using bolts in those two holes for steering stops :?:

Chris.
there are machined small cylinders with threads and secured by nuts, trimmed not to hit front bracket. Horn is attached at bottom to one of these.
Good job, well done :thumbup:

Chris.
Stephan

Post by Stephan »