Looking for B&B beteen lake district and Yorkshire Dales

General Biker Banter
rmh

Looking for B&B beteen lake district and Yorkshire Dales

Post by rmh »

Planning a bike trip and looking for any recommendations for Bike friendly value places somewhere off the motorway between the lake district and the Yorkshire Dales.

Nothing fancy required, but needs to be OK with bikes and prefer secure parking but also need pub / town :beer:

Plan is Peak district / Lake district / North Wales over about 8 days.

Any advice on these areas will be appreciated.

Rob
Rob Hunter

VTR1000 '99 / BMW S1000XR - 2016
bigtwinthing

Re: Looking for B&B beteen lake district and Yorkshire Dale

Post by bigtwinthing »

trip adviser that will help.
missing the noise, not the vibes. However never say never!
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

when I was doing trail riding we used to stay in a number of farmhouse B&B's near to Kirby Lonsdale [village called Nether Burrow], and they were all great.

your bikes are safe in the farm sheds, the breakfasts are the best ever with local produce and there was a pub across the road [the Highwayman] that did good food.

the contact I have is for Ruth on 01524274293. if she is booked then she will tell you who else in the village is doing B&B
AMcQ
grumpyfrog

Post by grumpyfrog »

Not a B&B but I stayed in Orton Hall last month. a converted stately house just 3 miles from J38, very close to Westmorelamd services. Pubs a 15 min walk...
They have some 4 dif types of living quarters available, just like fully furnished flats.
I had my bike but it pissed down all week so did'nt get much done- oh and the "other half" to keep me occupied, so all good.
Place is brill if you can get in-
i like B&B's myself, but just having the ability to do your own thing is way better.

You need to get into the grounds through secured gates and plenty of areas to hide the bike away if required.
One of the owners is a biker, so absolutly no issues there. Its not far from Kirby Stephens, so plenty of options roads wise.
You also get use of the Spa in Pernrith to, go get a rub down after a hard day at it.
Make sure you look at the right Orton Hall, as there is one in Peterbourgh also- i had to explane the diff to the "other half"
Don't hassle me
I'll get there at some time