Tattoos, your thoughts and pics

General Biker Banter
Ckennedy

Tattoos, your thoughts and pics

Post by Ckennedy »

I had been thinking about another tattoo for a few years but never managed to settle with what I wanted.

Today that all changed. I went into a recommend tattoo shop in town and had a good chat with one of the artists and had a couple of drawings done. This is what became of the session.

Now booked for my first session of what could be up to 20hrs of work :shock: going for black, grey and red apposed to full colour as I go off colours quickly.

So what do you lot think? It started with 2 different ideas but I have decided to go with the 2nd one. The Chinese dragon.

ImageImageImageImageImage

The second one:

ImageImageImage

What have you had done and what did you think?

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk
VTRDark

Re: Tattoos, your thoughts and pics

Post by VTRDark »

Have you seen the following thread Chris.
http://www.vtr1000.org/phpBB3/viewtopic ... lit=tattoo

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
Miztaziggy

Post by Miztaziggy »

I've never liked them. They're so permanent.

It's like today, I like the way my house is decorated, the bike I ride and the clothes I wear, but in 5 years, they will all bore me and I'll want a change.

The same will happen with a tattoo.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
Ckennedy

Post by Ckennedy »

No sorry Carl I had missed that one.

I know what you mean ziggy. That's why it's taken nearly 5 years to decided that I like. And I've always liked dragons. I've decided on black, grey and red. I've never gone off those so hopefully it's a good combo

lloydie

Post by lloydie »

Looks like you need to get to the gum !
Ckennedy

Post by Ckennedy »

I'll take bubble gum flavour please!

I'd just had a big breakfast :lol: least that's my excuse but yeah I think maybe a tone up for spain may be in order :shock: :lol:

Wicky

Post by Wicky »

Get the design printed on a t-shirt or paint it onto your front door. It will save you money in short term and long term when you don't need to fork out to have it lasered off.

ImageImage
It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

ImageVTR Firestorm and other bikes t-shirts
TheGingerBeardMan

Post by TheGingerBeardMan »

The only thing you have "done wrong", is asking other people what they think! :lol:

Rule number 1: Disregard what others think.

A tattoo is done for personal reasons, never for anyone else. With asking this question, you will get folk who like them, and folk who hate them.

Always go by your own judgement. What would happen if 100% of EVERYONE you spoke you said "no way, don't like it". Would you say "f*ck em all, it's my body, I like it, so I'm getting it done anyway?". If so, then that confirms there is no need to ask.

If you are unsure what dragon to get, and are asking US for an input, then we can't help make that decision, and shouldn't make that decision. If in doubt, leave it a while and rethink your idea.

I am covered in tattoos, and they were done for ME, and no-one else. They are on my fingers, my hands, both arms/forearms (inside and out) my neck, both sides of chest, and the tops of my legs. A lot of them I have done myself using my own pro machines, including the eleven I did in a memory of my dog who died a short time ago.

You want MY opinion? As a fan of ink, as a person who runs machines, and as your tattoo artist will tell you, forget what people say. Only take into consideration if it's a racist tattoo, and if it's going to cause offence by the public (swastikas on yer face etc). Apart from that, it's YOUR body, and if you want to drill holes in it, hang jewels and rings, or wear a good piece of ink, then go for it.

And never finish with saying "oh well, if I don't like it, I can always remove it or cover it up later". Get it done right 1st time, and there's no need for a cover up. This is down to getting a good artist. Drawing on paper with pencils is one thing. Putting that on skin is totally different.

Finally, as I say to folk: Getting a tattoo may be permanent, but it's the only thing you can take with you when you're dead. It's a piece of someones artwork. A skin painting. If you spent thousands on an old oil painting, then people would fight over it after you die. With tattoos, you can have someones art on your body (your body is the canvass), and you get to keep it forever.

Best of luck with the ink. Wear it with pride, and remember to save for the next one, as you'll need another to match the other side! :thumbup:

Last edited by TheGingerBeardMan on Sat Jul 25, 2015 7:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If it ain't broken...f*ck about with it until it is.

TAX: 1st March 2017
MOT: 16th March 2017
INS: 14th March 2017
Ckennedy

Post by Ckennedy »

I shouldn't worry people were not going to be changing my mind. If they like it they like it if they don't they don't. Just seeing what replies I'd get haha. The artist it working on the final design this week ready for next weekend and then it starts :D

agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

forget the tattoo an spend the money on moving to spain.... :thumbup:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Hmmm you'll have to carry the school bag on your right shoulder for a bit until the swelling goes down... :wink:

None for me but the Bro has a few, inc a back peice of a Tiger he had done out in the far east somewhere compleate with an infection from the neddle...

Oh & the one on his arm that had to be reworked over the name of an Ex GF... :lol: :lol:
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
Ckennedy

Post by Ckennedy »

:lol: :lol:

I didn't plan on spending money to move marty I was just going to move in with you lot or sleep in the shed haha

agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

Ckennedy wrote::lol: :lol:

I didn't plan on spending money to move marty I was just going to move in with you lot or sleep in the shed haha

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
what about fuel money for all the riding tho...... :wink:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
Ckennedy

Post by Ckennedy »

I'll earn that from fixing your tractor and anything else :wink:

Watty

Post by Watty »

TheGingerBeardMan wrote:The only thing you have done wrong, is asking other people what they think.

A tattoo is done for personal reasons, never for anyone else. With asking this question, you will get folk who like them, and folk who hate them.

Always go by your own judgement. What would happen if 100% of EVERYONE you spoke you said "no way, don't like it". Would you say "f*ck em all, it's my body, I like it, so I'm getting it done anyway?". If so, then that confirms there is no need to ask.

If you are unsure what dragon to get, and are asking US for an input, then we can't help make that decision, and shouldn't make that decision. If in doubt, leave it a while and rethink your idea.

I am covered in tattoos, and they were done for ME, and no-one else. They are on my fingers, my hands, both arms/forearms (inside and out) my neck, both sides of chest, and the tops of my legs. A lot of them I have done myself using my own pro machines, including the eleven I did in a memory of my dog who died a short time ago.

You want MY opinion? As a fan of ink, as a person who runs machines, and as your tattoo artist will tell you, forget what people say. Only take into consideration if it's a racist tattoo, and if it's going to cause offence by the public (swastikas on yer face etc). Apart from that, it's YOUR body, and if you want to drill holes in it, hang jewels and rings, or wear a good piece of ink, then go for it.

And never finish with saying "oh well, if I don't like it, I can always remove it or cover it up later". Get it done right 1st time, and there's no need for a cover up. This is down to getting a good artist. Drawing on paper with pencils is one thing. Putting that on skin is totally different.

Finally, as I say to folk: Getting a tattoo may be permanent, but it's the only thing you can take with you when you're dead. It's a piece of someones artwork. A skin painting. If you spent thousands on an old oil painting, then people would fight over it after you die. With tattoos, you can have someones art on your body (your body is the canvass), and you get to keep it forever.

Best of luck with the ink. Wear it with pride, and remember to save for the next one, as you'll need another to match the other side! :thumbup:

+1 I don't care what anyone thinks of my ink! They for me and have meaning and significance :thumbup:
SH#T HAPPENS!!!!!!!!