Not a Moriwaki. So what's it worth?

General Biker Banter
KermitLeFrog

Re: Not a Moriwaki. So what's it worth?

Post by KermitLeFrog »

motocorsaro3 wrote:The buyer it appeals to is the historic race bike enthusiast.
I was surprised at the event at Cadwell how much interest there is in both the genuine article and 're-creations' of historic race bikes. These aren't used in the true track bike sense. These bikes are loved and used in a very gentlemanly manner. Not a scuffed fairing panel to be seen anywhere in the paddock. A complete contrast to track day bikes which are usually 'functional' and battle scarred. That's the home for this bike, which is what it really deserves.
Yes, I suppose you are right. Personally I've never seen the attraction but, each to their own.
"I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I squandered" (George Best, RIP)
KermitLeFrog

Post by KermitLeFrog »

I suspect this forum is mainly populated with rough and ready types (you know who you are!) who really ride their machines and regularly accept and suffer the consequences. Ditches, broken ribs, disintegrating brake ties etc.. the list is endless.

Show them a concours machine and they would be scared to touch it, let alone ride it.
"I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I squandered" (George Best, RIP)
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Yeh I get that. It sure is a sale that will be exclusive to a collector but I fear a true collector will want genuine. Or maybe it will be someone that simply likes the look of it and wants to put it in a glass cabinet or up on the wall as a look alike now that original mori's are becoming more rare. Somebody that has a love for these bikes of that era but cant afford or find original. It sure is a lovely looking bike and yes there has been some serious work and expense gone into it but what use is it. It can't go on the track in fear of wrecking it and it can't go on the road for the same reason plus it's not up to road standard and insurance would rip you off simply for having a non standard colour not to mention all the other parts. I can see it ending up as a showpiece. Someone that likes to goes to events that show off, like folk do with cars at places like the Goodwood festival or Brooklands. A niche market. Maybe we will see it sitting in a tent on paddock stands one day. The History of Moriwaki. Look but don't touch.
==============================Enter the Darkside
motocorsaro3

Post by motocorsaro3 »

I don't know what it is about forums, but they seem to always be the populated by individuals who seem to enjoy putting people down and holding a position of superior knowledge and opinion. I detect a distinct air of resentment that I have something, which is simply better than their bike and worth more money and they don't like it.

At Cadwell, so many people came to look at the bike and compliment it. Even a guy who owned a stage 2 Moriwaki. Not one negative comment. Even on Ebay, several individuals messaged me just to say what a great bike they thought it was and what a good job I'd done.

But on here accordibg to some, I'm a poser, it's a fake. The bike is worthless. So, for those on this forum who have been complimentary, thanks for that. But personally, I just find this undercurrent of resentment from certain individuals distateful. And for that reason, I'm out of here. Farewell!
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

I think it's already been said. but I will say it again, no one doubts about the quality of the work you've done, you can tell from looking at the bike that it's mint. but what have you produced, a track bike that's to nice to put on track, it's not a road bike, so it's a replica of a endurance trackbike, which will probably only ever be looked at and not ridden. I could certainly see that if the bike was iconic, like for example a rc45, certain ducati's and so on, but I just don't see it with a firestorm.
you never really get your money back when creating a so called one off bike, they will always be a money pit.
I applaud your workmanship, but ultimately I believe £3700 to be more than it's worth. but each to there own
I for one don't resent what you have done, hell my brakes, rear shock and exhaust would all be more suited to your project and cost more than the items on your bike. I just believe that the some if it's parts don't warrant such a price tag.
I hope you get what your looking for regarding the final sale price.
shame your throwing your toys out of your pram just because some of our member disagree with you.
bye bye..... :wave:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
Stephan

Post by Stephan »

motocorsaro3 wrote:I don't know what it is about forums, but they seem to always be the populated by individuals who seem to enjoy putting people down and holding a position of superior knowledge and opinion. I detect a distinct air of resentment that I have something, which is simply better than their bike and worth more money and they don't like it.
don't tell how much money it is worth unless you sell it :) Bike is nice and there is lot of effort and money put in, that's for sure. But it doesn't automatically means it has big value on the market.
Shauned71

Post by Shauned71 »

motocorsaro3 wrote:I don't know what it is about forums, but they seem to always be the populated by individuals who seem to enjoy putting people down and holding a position of superior knowledge and opinion.
It's just opinions... As easy as you asked for them, you can just as easily ignore them. No point getting wound up over them. The mistake you made is thinking that anyone on here has any idea of what the bike is worth in the first place. Like everything else... any item is only worth what someone is prepared to pay. Myself.. I wouldn't pay anywhere near close to £3700.. Why? because the bike isn't worth it to 'me' I can do most of the work involved plus it's not what I would want to end up with.. just like I expect is isn't worth it to the many others on this forum but that doesn't mean it's not worth it to someone else.. Buy a good bike as a starting base.. accumulate all those parts.. shudder to think what the labour bill would be if you couldn't do it yourself so yes... add it all up, it could be worth it. It all comes down to finding the right buyer, hope you find them... I think your bike looks stunning. Glws.
Roger Ditchfield

Post by Roger Ditchfield »

I am pleased that you say it is NOT Moriwaki as the only related things appear to be the two types of Moriwaki decals and possibly the lower cowling.
However, it looks a nicely presented bike and may achieve just in excess of the £2k mark. Good Luck with the sale and house move.
bigtwinthing

Post by bigtwinthing »

motocorsaro3 wrote:
Wicky wrote:Flog it to Yeti on a dark evening :wink:

Very noice VTR race replica but with the nights drawing in are you now waiting for the spring to get out and about on it?
I don't ever plan to go far on it. I have a KTM Superduke R,
as a number 1 bike. This bike is a curiosity, a folly, something that I wanted to do just for my own interest. After owning a new VTR when they were launched in 97, when I later saw that picture of the '99 Suzuka Moriwaki, I just liked the idea of trying to emulate it one day. It will just sit in the garage and do a couple of hundred miles each summer. For what I'd get for it, just not worth selling.

i thought the bike looked quite amazing, not my taste but lovingly done. Most buggers couldn't ride a Proper Morowokki anyway on the road, its a very very nice replica, it looks mint and is worth what anybody will pay. :thumbup:
missing the noise, not the vibes. However never say never!
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

it is indeed a great looking bike. one i would love to have parked in my mancave.... get it out on track. enjoy what it is and if it gets the odd scuff here and there, well its just battle scares and thats what bikes are made for, to be enjoyed :thumbup:

in short, get it out and ring its neck :clap: :clap:
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
StormingHonda

Post by StormingHonda »

TBF unless people deleted their post I didn't see much negativity on this thread.

I certainly wouldn't buy this bike, its not to my taste, but I'm sure someone would be willing to doll out the money for it, I can see it has been a labour of love, great stuff.

Personally if I was a potential buyer for this bike, I wouldn't have a clue to its worth, to me it would just appear to be a modified track bike, that was far to nice to use on the track.
Pedro C.

Post by Pedro C. »

motocorsaro3 wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2015 11:56 am CBR1000RR stick coils & Iridium spark plugs
Could you explain how to do it ?

Regards
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Pedro C. wrote: Sat Jun 02, 2018 9:28 pm
motocorsaro3 wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2015 11:56 am CBR1000RR stick coils & Iridium spark plugs
Could you explain how to do it ?

Regards
Try looking around a bit...There is a search function on the forum after all...

viewtopic.php?f=31&t=21761
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...