General election - which way will you go?

General Biker Banter

Who will you vote for in the election?

Conservatives
26%
Liberal Democrats
2%
Labour
10%
UKIP
31%
Greens
5%
SNP
14%
Not sure yet
5%
Won't be voting at all (would have voted Conservative)
No votes
Won't be voting at all (would have voted Labour)
No votes
Won't be voting at all (other)
7%

Total votes: 42

VTRDark

Re: General election - which way will you go?

Post by VTRDark »

See that is where Nigel gets things totally right. It's not about race its about numbers. How can we build a house every 7 mins unless it's a tent. That is the vision for our future with the other parties if we don't clamp down on the numbers (300,000 a year coming in 8O ) Our green and brown field sites will be packed full of tents/camps. The country will be like like the other side of the tunnel in France. Or maybe the slums of South America :roll: And lets be honest, do we really want all these sites built on. Say goodbye to nature unless you want concrete nature. Cities are already expanding. Say goodbye to your Gods country and our National parks. The British county side will be no longer be here. It will be one big concrete jungle.

Others say we need them as they work here and the NHS will collapse. Bollox, kick them out and there are plenty of unemployed to take their place. The majority that do work here work for cash in hand anyway for less than minimum wage. Admittedly not the NHS but the building and farming industry amongst others they do.There is of course another answer to it all. Let them all in and we all leave. Simply swap countries. At least there is better weather in some of those other countries. Things will be great until they start another war amongst themselves here and we decide to intruvine from wherever we have moved too and then take what they will then be called (refugees) back to the county where we now live and where they came from originally and it all starts over again. :lol:

Here's a thought. UKIP/Labour coalition. I have a feeling this may very well happen.

"Life is death and death is life the everlasting circle of life"
Quote by cybercarl :beer:

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
leevtr

Post by leevtr »

I honestly think we're better off in Europe, but on our terms, which isn't going to be easy but I don't think its impossible.

On another note, and I'm by no means a wealthy man, but why is it we all want to do well in life, or have our children get a good education and get a well paid job, only for certain people to then want to punish everyone who earns a few quid. It's total baldrocks imo. If you earn well, you pay more into the system, you probably drive a nicer car which uses more petrol and you buy more stuff in the shops, therefore contributing more to the economy, and helping to keep us not so fortunates in jobs. Yet the left wing brigade still want to punish them for doing well by spanking them for more tax. Newsflash, they already pay more, 20% of £100.000 is more than 20% of £20,000.

Get people off benefits and into work, if it means they need their wages topping up so they aren't worse off working, so be it, but nobody should sit on their butt all day doing fcuk all. Even most people with injuries/disabilities can answer a bloody phone, so 99.9% of people can be doing something to earn their keep. It's a hard fact, but the country needs to run like a business, which means it cannot constantly spunk money on people/services if they aren't cost effective, and theres always someone who's not going to like it. I've had long periods of time in the last 7 years when the phone just isn't ringing with work, or when it had people want it done for fcuk all, but things are definately on the up, and it should without question be allowed to continue as it is. Like they say, no pain no gain, and most of the pain is behind us now, we are gaining in a big way.
" It was 2 minutes 5 minutes ago "
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

MacV2 wrote:
Stratman wrote:
firestorm1997 wrote:Politics and religion have no place on Motorbike forums, as we all know these two topics are the root cause of all major conflicts around the world.
Motorbike forums are a place of peace and calm where normal people go to get away from all the S*ht and chat bollox about bikes, birds and booze,, well thats what i want anyway... :beer:

But whilst we are on the subject.... If you don't vote.. don't start shouting about the state of our once Great Country.
If you want it to change get out and vote.

Me. I'm UKIP. and that's because I have seen all the crap the others talk about but do nothing with so it's about time someone else got in and stirred the pot.
Yeah. What harm did a few fascists ever do anyway?
Yeah what have the Romans ever done for us ?

roads......

man skirts

:beer:
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
Big_Jim59

Post by Big_Jim59 »

I am heartened to see that your politics is as varied and as screwed up as ours.
Motorcycling is a tool with which you can accomplish something meaningful in your life. It is an art." Theresa Wallach
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

Politics and religion should be banned subjects, nothing good comes out of discussing either :( :thumbdown:
AMcQ
countrymick

Post by countrymick »

+1 on that :thumbup:
darkember

Post by darkember »

AMCQ46 wrote:Politics and religion should be banned subjects, nothing good comes out of discussing either :( :thumbdown:
Disagree. its a good way to let off steam and have a good rant :lol: :lol:
vtrjames

Post by vtrjames »

does anyone else think that the politicians we have at the moment seem to just argue in a childish way.

most parties seem like they will ruin this country by causing everyone to argue with each other.

i think these monkeys should do a 30 years of work in the real world before getting a job of talking crap

personally i wont vote, cos i cant be arsed wi them now, whoever gets in gets in,and they will end up doing what they want anyway.

i just hope that they dont cause everyone to argue and hate each other cos of morons in suits talking out their butt.
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Disagree. its a good way to let off steam and have a good rant :lol: :lol:
Yes I do apologise guys. I do get a bit passionately angry when it comes to politics that affects people life's and have what they may call some extreme views. Does that make me an extremist :roll:

vtrjames sums it up quite nicely.
i think these monkeys should do a 30 years of work in the real world before getting a job of talking crap
I wonder what would happen if not one person in the county bothered to vote out of protest. We may end up like that eventually as they get more and more disconnected with the people and more and more of the younger generation are not registered to vote and don't care either way.

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
lumpyv

Post by lumpyv »

I think carl should star in the new mad max film

:thumbup: :lol:
3 out of 4 people make up 75% of the worlds population.
rollingthunderx2

Post by rollingthunderx2 »

Where is Enoch Powell when you need him, Carl? :(

Ukip
http://i100.independent.co.uk/article/n ... JG3zXIsl1W

Big_Jim59

Post by Big_Jim59 »

AMCQ46 wrote:Politics and religion should be banned subjects, nothing good comes out of discussing either :( :thumbdown:
You know and I can agree except for the fact that we live in parts of the world where we are free to speak our minds (at least for now) without reprisals. Maybe motorcycle forums are not the best place for it but it seems that good forums, like this one, can contain the rancorous discord to some degree and actually have a sound discussion. I have always been a bit envious of UK politics seeing as you have more choice. We have a two party system with very little actual say in anything. Both our parties seem to be out of touch with reality and both point fingers at each other as the real purveyor of this universal mess. American politics depresses me at the moment. It's like reliving the Carter years.
Motorcycling is a tool with which you can accomplish something meaningful in your life. It is an art." Theresa Wallach
StormingHonda

Post by StormingHonda »

rollingthunderx2 wrote:Where is Enoch Powell when you need him, Carl? :(

Ukip
http://i100.independent.co.uk/article/n ... JG3zXIsl1W

The point he is making is bullshit, in the same way as saying the immigrants are stealing jobs.

What it boils down to is greedy employers not wanting to pay people enough money in this country even for the basics, but exploiting foreigners with bad pay, long hours and no working contract, most foreigners who do come here have a much lower standard of living than even our unemployed and thus to them these jobs are gold mines.

I for one don't want to go back to the depression era when it comes to job expectations.

Share the bloody wealth, the rich 10% are getting richer.
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

My biggest worry is what they are doing to our NHS, let face it none of us know when we may need it, and those in power no doubt can afford private health care.

Down this neck of the woods they're building like made so the population is getting bigger and the Hospitals can't cope. Our main Hospital has been on black alert recently, see link:-
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-cornwall-31595389

Chris.
rollingthunderx2

Post by rollingthunderx2 »

Zero hours, what kind of job is that? and why are so many workers on working tax credit, when wealthy families ,,over£70,000 can get child benefit..?
I suppose it pays thePolish nanny's wages?
Sick society.