General election - which way will you go?

General Biker Banter

Who will you vote for in the election?

Conservatives
26%
Liberal Democrats
2%
Labour
10%
UKIP
31%
Greens
5%
SNP
14%
Not sure yet
5%
Won't be voting at all (would have voted Conservative)
No votes
Won't be voting at all (would have voted Labour)
No votes
Won't be voting at all (other)
7%

Total votes: 42

StormingHonda

Re: General election - which way will you go?

Post by StormingHonda »

Big_Jim59 wrote:I find it interesting the UK issues should so closely reflect our own. Oh. . .the names of the organizations are different but the basic problem is still the same.
Symptons of a modern democracy, without the modern ;).
rollingthunderx2

Post by rollingthunderx2 »

Some people are lucky to earn enough to pass judgement on others, but many people i know have both got jobs, on minimum wage and still need wtc in order to pay their rent. That is the taxpayer subsidising tory supporters who are employers. what do you think is a fair wage for a skilled worker? in the north, its a lot less than London, etc.They are not scroungers.
Miztaziggy

Post by Miztaziggy »

rollingthunderx2 wrote:Some people are lucky to earn enough to pass judgement on others, but many people i know have both got jobs, on minimum wage and still need wtc in order to pay their rent. That is the taxpayer subsidising tory supporters who are employers. what do you think is a fair wage for a skilled worker? in the north, its a lot less than London, etc.They are not scroungers.
Sorry, but what have WTC got to do with Tory anything?

Who introduced WTC?

Clue?

Same guy that took us into an illegal war.

The problem as always is that if you make benefits available, people will become dependant on them, I.e. working tax credits, food banks, child benefit...

Working tax credits allow land lords to charge more for rent. Abolish WTC and the 'demand' for rented housing goes down. With no demand, the price should fall and equalise.

I feel sorry for those that are just above the threshold for WTC, as they can least afford anything.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2
Wicky

Post by Wicky »

In the Commons the Tory whip is going to have to be very tightly enforced, due to the party's tiny majority, and with the other parties breathing down their necks inc SNP. There won't be any room for for Tories to vote with a conscience when it comes to getting any of their policies through inc £12bn welfare cuts.

UPDATE: Mark Harper has now been appointed chief whip; Master Gove is now Secretary of State for Justice. So, criminals, good idea to learn the names of Henry VIII's wives, the date of the Battle of Waterloo and be able to recite the Magna Carta by heart - magistrates will be far more likely to give you bail.

This made me do a double take while chuckling :)
Miztaziggy wrote:
Wicky wrote:It'll be interesting how the Scots will wield their power... Labour will need to rapidly reorganise and Libs after their decimation find new day jobs.
What power?

They have no power.

They have 56 seats, but the Conservatives have a majority. They can pass whatever they want now whether the SNP like it or not.

I just hope they use the next 5 years for constitutional reform and to reduce the potential for Scottish power.

1.5 million TOTAL votes for the SNP = 56 seats
3.5 million TOTAL votes for UKIP = 1 seat

Fair?
It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

ImageVTR Firestorm and other bikes t-shirts
Wicky

Post by Wicky »

Miztaziggy wrote: The problem as always is that if you make benefits available, people will become dependant on them, I.e. working tax credits, food banks, child benefit...
Does that include the NHS?

A eulogy to the NHS: What happened to the world my generation built? > http://www.theguardian.com/society/2014 ... are_btn_fb

In 1926, Harry Leslie Smith's sister died of TB in a workhouse infirmary, too poor for proper medical care. In 1948, the creation of the NHS put a stop to all that. In an extract from his new book, Harry's Last Stand, he describes his despair at the coalition's dismantling of the welfare state
Ukip has even proposed that A&E patients should have the right to buy their way to the front of the queue, while in Merseyside a private for-profit cancer clinic has set up shop under the NHS umbrella. Where will all of this end? What will be given the greatest priority in a new health care system that sends every service, from blood work to chemotherapy, out to the lowest bid tender?

It ends where I began my life – in a Britain that believed health care depended on your social status. So if you were rich and insured you received timely medical treatment, while the rest of the country got the drippings. One-fifth of the lords who voted in the controversial act – which provides a gateway to privatise our health care system – were found to have connections to private health care companies. If that doesn't make you angry, nothing will.
It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

ImageVTR Firestorm and other bikes t-shirts
Miztaziggy

Post by Miztaziggy »

Rubbish.

Don't swallow this leftist propaganda so easily...

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2
rollingthunderx2

Post by rollingthunderx2 »

Read the Mail/Express instead, they are the ones telling the truth....Hmmmmm...
Don't think so....
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

So, Theresa May.....
But didn't.

I was going to spoil my vote by putting a cross in the box next to the Labour candidates name, but instead wrote Margaret Thatcher under the names and selected that.

But at least I bothered to vote. I'm up with the kidz, me.....
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.