General election - which way will you go?

General Biker Banter

Who will you vote for in the election?

Conservatives
26%
Liberal Democrats
2%
Labour
10%
UKIP
31%
Greens
5%
SNP
14%
Not sure yet
5%
Won't be voting at all (would have voted Conservative)
No votes
Won't be voting at all (would have voted Labour)
No votes
Won't be voting at all (other)
7%

Total votes: 42

lumpyv

Re: General election - which way will you go?

Post by lumpyv »

fabiostar wrote:thank christ its nearly all over and we can get back to being elbow fuked by the winners who ever they are :Kiss Ass:
exactly.

I guess most of the folk on here are roughly average wage earning people with middle of the road houses/families/debts/jobs.

as such whoever we get will not do an awful lot for us either good or bad .

multimillionaire types and those on the rock and roll will probably profit or loss to a greater extent.

I doubt any of them will keep all of their promises so as such I don't really care who gets in at this stage??!!.

would like to see a bit of compassion and humanity though :D
3 out of 4 people make up 75% of the worlds population.
Bananaman

Post by Bananaman »

Hey ho, looks like it's going to be the same old crap for the next four yrs :(
Four wheels move the body,
Two wheels move the soul.
Virt

Post by Virt »

Bananaman wrote:Hey ho, looks like it's going to be the same old crap for the next four yrs :(
:thumbdown: :thumbdown:

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
Slowly approaching the more bikes than birthdays achievement
Wicky

Post by Wicky »

Well as consolation the UKIP campaign has ended in a damp squib and George Galloway is out on his ear with the police on his tail.

It'll be interesting how the Scots will wield their power... Labour will need to rapidly reorganise and Libs after their decimation find new day jobs.
It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

ImageVTR Firestorm and other bikes t-shirts
StormingHonda

Post by StormingHonda »

Wicky wrote:Well as consolation the UKIP campaign has ended in a damp squib and George Galloway is out on his ear with the police on his tail.

It'll be interesting how the Scots will wield their power... Labour will need to rapidly reorganise and Libs after their decimation find new day jobs.
Actually UKIP done bloody well, 5,000,000 votes isn't something to not be happy about for UKIP.

Funny how democracy works isn't it, got more votes then the SNP but yet only got 1 seat, definitely an up and coming party.

One thing we can agree on Wicky, it was good to see that stupid prat galloway after all his pandering, ass licking and fat mouthing got kicked in his baldrocks and one in the ass on his way out.
Miztaziggy

Post by Miztaziggy »

Wicky wrote:It'll be interesting how the Scots will wield their power... Labour will need to rapidly reorganise and Libs after their decimation find new day jobs.
What power?

They have no power.

They have 56 seats, but the Conservatives have a majority. They can pass whatever they want now whether the SNP like it or not.

I just hope they use the next 5 years for constitutional reform and to reduce the potential for Scottish power.

1.5 million TOTAL votes for the SNP = 56 seats
3.5 million TOTAL votes for UKIP = 1 seat

Fair?
Stratman

Post by Stratman »

It's funny that, when a party loses, it says the electoral system is unfair and should be reformed, yet the winners never want to. The only party which has always promoted PR, the LibDems, have been trounced. I hope all the Tory and UKIP supporters are braced for the £12 billion cuts to welfare and the continuing privatisation of the NHS now that Cameron and Osborne can do exactly what they want with no leash to hold them back.
Two bikes, still only four cylinders!

Big_Jim59

Post by Big_Jim59 »

Stratman wrote:It's funny that, when a party loses, it says the electoral system is unfair and should be reformed, yet the winners never want to. The only party which has always promoted PR, the LibDems, have been trounced. I hope all the Tory and UKIP supporters are braced for the £12 billion cuts to welfare and the continuing privatisation of the NHS now that Cameron and Osborne can do exactly what they want with no leash to hold them back.
It's funny but it works that way over here too.
Motorcycling is a tool with which you can accomplish something meaningful in your life. It is an art." Theresa Wallach
Miztaziggy

Post by Miztaziggy »

Stratman wrote:It's funny that, when a party loses, it says the electoral system is unfair and should be reformed, yet the winners never want to. The only party which has always promoted PR, the LibDems, have been trounced. I hope all the Tory and UKIP supporters are braced for the £12 billion cuts to welfare and the continuing privatisation of the NHS now that Cameron and Osborne can do exactly what they want with no leash to hold them back.
I am a Conservative supporter, and I say bring on the 12 billion welfare cuts, the sooner the better.
My wife and I both work 40+ hours a week, pay our mortgage, pay childcare etc etc and we get nothing from the state at all.
We keep seeing these adverts to check what benefits we're entitled to, but they all come back with a big fat 0.

I don't see why my hard earned money paid in taxes should have to fund the fking lazy lay-abouts that can't be bothered to go out and work.

And as for the NHS, you're just swallowing Ed Miliband's propaganda.
New Labour started to privatise parts of the NHS. Who do you think introduced the disastrously bad PFI schemes?

In actual fact, they aren't really privatising the NHS at all, they're letting private companies bid for provision of services to save money. The NHS is and always will be public, it's just that the money is spent with private providers, mainly because anything public sector is wasteful, slow and inefficient.
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Miztaziggy wrote:
I am a Conservative supporter, and I say bring on the 12 billion welfare cuts, the sooner the better.
My wife and I both work 40+ hours a week, pay our mortgage, pay childcare etc etc and we get nothing from the state at all.
We keep seeing these adverts to check what benefits we're entitled to, but they all come back with a big fat 0.

I don't see why my hard earned money paid in taxes should have to fund the fking lazy lay-abouts that can't be bothered to go out and work.

New Labour started to privatise parts of the NHS. Who do you think introduced the disastrously bad PFI schemes?

In actual fact, they aren't really privatising the NHS at all, they're letting private companies bid for provision of services to save money. The NHS is and always will be public, it's just that the money is spent with private providers, mainly because anything public sector is wasteful, slow and inefficient.
Speaking as a public sector worker myself....I totally agree with that statement... :lol:

Now excuse me whilst I get on with the last bit of one of my 28 days paid holiday + Bank hols of course...Still on a down note Haven't had a pay rise for 4 years...pay freeze thanks to the cutbacks...doubt we'll see anything more than 1% when & if we get one...meanwhile everything continues to go up...
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
Stratman

Post by Stratman »

Miztaziggy wrote:

If I had been a Labour voter, I may have swallowed Miliband's "propaganda". I wasn't and I'm not, so don't blame PFI on me. I am well aware of who started PFI and I didn't vote for Blair either. Neither do I have any debts nor struggle at the end of the month; but I empathise with those who do because I used to.

You seem bitter because you can't claim benefits (and you have said that you have tried) and so seem resentful of those who need them. That's not how I think. That said, no-one should be able to claim for something that they aren't entitled to. Perhaps you have swallowed the propaganda put out by The Sun and The Daily Mail?
Two bikes, still only four cylinders!

leevtr

Post by leevtr »

Miztaziggy wrote:

+1. No one in the land who is capable of working should be allowed to sit at home, period. And I'll also add that even most who say they cant work can, even if it's just answering a phone. Conservatives are for people who are prepared to help themselves, Labour are for people who want their arses wiped for them.
" It was 2 minutes 5 minutes ago "
Miztaziggy

Post by Miztaziggy »

Stratman wrote: If I had been a Labour voter, I may have swallowed Miliband's "propaganda". I wasn't and I'm not, so don't blame PFI on me. I am well aware of who started PFI and I didn't vote for Blair either. Neither do I have any debts nor struggle at the end of the month; but I empathise with those who do because I used to.

You seem bitter because you can't claim benefits (and you have said that you have tried) and so seem resentful of those who need them. That's not how I think. That said, no-one should be able to claim for something that they aren't entitled to. Perhaps you have swallowed the propaganda put out by The Sun and The Daily Mail?
I'm not bitter about anything. I don't think anyone that works except perhaps single mothers and some 'proper' disabled people should be able to claim anything at all. It's just when there are these adverts telling people to check what they're entitled to, or someone tells me they're working and also getting a top up of a few hundred a month from the government, I have checked my own.

I am pretty much as conservative and right wing as it gets, but, believe it or not, I actually think benefits, or out of work benefits should be increased, massively.

Say someone that works and earns £50k loses his job and can't find another for 6 months...that person has commitments that are proportionate with his income. How is he supposed to get by on £60 a week? It forces people to sell their houses or take 'jobs' rather than look for 'careers'.

I think that out of work benefits should be proportionate to what your needs are for the first 3 - 6 months, then taper down after that to give people breathing room and space to make changes in their lives.

On the other hand, I think fkers that haven't worked a day in their lives should be given food stamps and the absolute bare minimum. No sky TV, no cigarettes, no alcohol, no holidays. They should be given a choice, go out and clean the streets or do some other worthwhile service and get more cash to live on, or don't, and accept the absolute bare minimum.

And no, I don't read the Sun or Daily Mail, I read the Telegraph online, sometimes, if I get time between way too much work at the moment, a baby and everything else that's going on. My point is that Miliband wheels out this nonsense about the nasty tories privatising the NHS, or food banks, or zero hours contracts......people just take it as gospel, no one looks and realises that those 3 things began under Labour 18 years ago.
Wicky

Post by Wicky »

Miztaziggy wrote: food banks, or zero hours contracts......people just take it as gospel, no one looks and realises that those 3 things began under Labour 18 years ago.
:roll:
The number of people given three days’ emergency food by the Trussell Trust rose from 2,814 in the 2005-06 financial year to 61,468 in 2010-11, 346,992 in 2012-13 before jumping sharply to 913,138 in 2013-14 – including 582,933 adults and 330,205 children. Its figures for 2014-15 are due to be published on Wednesday and are expected to show a continuing rise despite the upturn in the economy.

The issue is also sensitive for the Conservatives because Trussell Trust surveys show that the most common reason for people being referred to it are delays in receiving state benefits. Changes to benefits also rank highly.

Last night Labour challenged Mr Cameron to sign up to a pledge to reduce the number who rely on food banks in the 2015-20 parliament. In a letter to the Prime Minister, Rachel Reeves, the shadow Work and Pensions Secretary, said the 618 per cent rise in the number receiving emergency food aid from the trust in the past three years was “shocking”.

She said: “It’s a testament to Britain’s community spirit that so many volunteers are devoting their time and energy to helping others at food banks. But I’m sure that you’ll agree with me that in the 21st century no one should have to rely on charity to feed their family. Food banks should never become a permanent feature of our society.”

Ms Reeves told Mr Cameron: “Under your Government, too many working people are being paid so little that they can’t afford to feed their families – with 1.5 million more in jobs paying less than the living wage and a huge rise in the number of people on zero-hours contracts. And too many people who should be supported by our social security system are being let down by it – with delays in benefit payments, unfair benefits sanctions and the bedroom tax pushing people to the doors of food banks.”
Food banks: One million Britons will soon be using them, according to Trussell Trust > http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/ho ... 86142.html
It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

ImageVTR Firestorm and other bikes t-shirts
Big_Jim59

Post by Big_Jim59 »

I find it interesting the UK issues should so closely reflect our own. Oh. . .the names of the organizations are different but the basic problem is still the same.
Motorcycling is a tool with which you can accomplish something meaningful in your life. It is an art." Theresa Wallach