General election - which way will you go?

General Biker Banter

Who will you vote for in the election?

Conservatives
26%
Liberal Democrats
2%
Labour
10%
UKIP
31%
Greens
5%
SNP
14%
Not sure yet
5%
Won't be voting at all (would have voted Conservative)
No votes
Won't be voting at all (would have voted Labour)
No votes
Won't be voting at all (other)
7%

Total votes: 42

Miztaziggy

General election - which way will you go?

Post by Miztaziggy »

With the general election coming, I am just curious what the consensus on this forum is.

We don't need argumentative posts, just a simple poll, will be interesting to see the result...
chric

Re: General election - which way will you go?

Post by chric »

Quicker the tories and libs are out the better they dont build just destroy or sell what we already have.
And who can forget the milk snatcher thatcher
Ill never be a sell out storm forever
kev64

Post by kev64 »

Usually vote labour, but not sure whilst mr Bean is in charge
might vote tory for a change as I quite fancy camerons missus

As for the policies, they all promise so much and deliver very little !

I also cannot forget what Thatcher did, we still have her legacy today !!
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Personally I think it is too close to call and will end up going the same as last time. We will end up getting another hung parliament. They will then decide who is in charge but it wont be the people's choice that's for sure.

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
Miztaziggy

Post by Miztaziggy »

chric wrote:Quicker the tories and libs are out the better they dont build just destroy or sell what we already have.
And who can for get the milk snatcher thatcher
Care to back up what you say with any facts, or just spout more rhetoric fed to you by the opposition?
cybercarl wrote:Personally I think it is too close to call and will end up going the same as last time. We will end up getting another hung parliament. They will then decide who is in charge but it wont be the people's choice that's for sure.

Very true. We'll end up with a coalition, just hopefully not Labour SNP as that would really and truly be a disaster.
The thing is though, there is no 'people's choice' because the majority of people didn't vote for one party. If a coalition is formed from 2 or 3 parties and between them they have more than half the vote, then that coalition sort of does have the 'people's backing' in a weird way.
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

cybercarl wrote:Personally I think it is too close to call and will end up going the same as last time. We will end up getting another hung parliament. They will then decide who is in charge but it wont be the people's choice that's for sure.

That's my opinion too.

Chris.
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

What I have never understood about the voting system is the whole percentage thing and how they break it up into constituency's. To me votes should be counted as a whole and if one party has only one more vote than the others then they should win. It's like a race you are either ahead or not... even if that is milli-secs or in this case one more vote. If two or more party's somehow end up with the exact same number of votes then take those party's and have a re-run to see who wins then.

chric

Post by chric »

Miztaziggy wrote:
chric wrote:Quicker the tories and libs are out the better they dont build just destroy or sell what we already have.
Care to back up what you say with any facts, or just spout more rhetoric fed to you by the opposition?

Very true. We'll end up with a coalition, just hopefully not Labour SNP as that would really and truly be a disaster.
The thing is though, there is no 'people's choice' because the majority of people didn't vote for one party. If a coalition is formed from 2 or 3 parties and between them they have more than half the vote, then that coalition sort of does have the 'people's backing' in a weird way.
if you had lived where i live and see what the tories did and didnt do you would think different and im not going to say where i live on a open forum.
and yes we had free milk till thatcher snathed it i know as i did milk round at school got you out of lessons for a hour :thumbup:
Jazzscot

Post by Jazzscot »

Scotland has been governed for years by a Parliament that they never voted for!

Time for a taste or your own medicine now my English brothers and sisters.

As we are a union and are all meant to be equal can anybody tell me when the Parliament will be sitting in Edinburgh, Cardiff, or Belfast?

As far as I am concerned you have had your go for long enough in that there London city! Its time to give the others a go now.

:Beer Popcorn:
Everything good is bad
Everything bad is good
chric

Post by chric »

is snp are version of the ukip?
chric

Post by chric »

is snp are version of the ukip?
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Ha ha Jazza and you quite right. I also think it's unfair that Scotland should be governed from down here. The whole system stinks IMO.

Wicky

Post by Wicky »

Miztaziggy wrote:
How Margaret Thatcher became known as 'Milk Snatcher' > Daily Torygraph:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politic ... tcher.html
The Conservative government had to find substantial cuts to meet election pledges on tax.

Removing free school milk for the over seven’s became the most notorious saving introduced.

Edward Short, then Labour education spokesman said scrapping milk was ‘the meanest and most unworthy thing’ he had seen in 20 years.

It earned Mrs Thatcher the nickname, Milk Snatcher, and haunted her throughout her career. In 1985 she was refused an honorary degree from Oxford University because of her education cuts...
It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

ImageVTR Firestorm and other bikes t-shirts
Miztaziggy

Post by Miztaziggy »

chric wrote:
if you had lived where i live and see what the tories did and didnt do you would think different and im not going to say where i live on a open forum.
and yes we had free milk till thatcher snathed it i know as i did milk round at school got you out of lessons for a hour :thumbup:
OK, I assume you're referring to the mining jobs that were lost during Thatcher's leadership?

I assume you don't count the fact that more 'manufacturing' jobs were lost AFTER Thatcher and during the 13 years of Labour than were ever lost during her leadership?

Or I guess you conveniently forget that the real reason for the loss of manufacturing jobs was a total lack of competitiveness, partly because of the unions, partly because of the Saudis. After the Israeli war on Jordan and Turkey (I think), the Saudis held a gun to the west's head by raising oil prices 3 or 4 times over night until we backed down and Israel pulled back.
Stephan

Post by Stephan »

better to go back from democracy to parliamentary :-) But still there is no other better system.
Last edited by Stephan on Wed Apr 01, 2015 2:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.