Harrogate - the Chelsea of the North?

General Biker Banter
Firestorm916

Harrogate - the Chelsea of the North?

Post by Firestorm916 »

A whole new experience yesterday.

Parked in Harrogate, I had some time to kill so I thought I'd get my hair cut...it is nearly spring after all.
I was on foot so I thought I'd explore locally...hey presto, a short walk away 'Noir Salon - Ladies and Gents'

This is the kind of establishment unfamiliar to myself. The ladies within the 'Hair & Beau-ee parlour' (although, this being Harrogate, the lady on the desk, I think, would have managed to pronounce the 't') hired a 'chair' and drew in their own business. It had a glossy interior with women customers inside wearing tin-foil in their hair. Very bizarre.

Said lady asked them one by one if they could accomodate me. One by one they looked over at me, and looked me up and down...I took off my wooly hat so they could see what they were up against.

One must have taken pity on me, maybe she thought she was being altruistic..."come back in twenty minutes". I shuffled out.
Once outside, I realised my mistake. In my hurry to get out, I hadn't asked the burning question.

I shuffled back in again..."sorry, I didn't ask - how much?"

She took out a book containing the girls rates and slid her fingers across from two directions at once, like she was working out a complicated logarithmic equation

She looked me up and down again and announced.... £25.00

Twenty five effing quid, plus tip, no doubt...I only wanted a haircut, not a share in the enterprise.

Needless to say, I left. I really didn't want to spend two years worth of haircut budget on one visit.

Yes, I am a Yorkshireman...but this was in Yorkshire. They should have KNOWN!
Last edited by Firestorm916 on Tue Mar 03, 2015 10:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rsx100 Cb350s klr250 diversion600 vfr750fm fzr400rr Tzr2503xv Fireblade900 gsxr400r tdr250 gsxr600srads tl1000s xr600 tzr250sp3xv gsx400s Firestorms Aerox50 z750s Aerox100 Gsxr1000k3 Cbr600 SP2 Trx Tdm Zx6r R1 Versys Cygnus x3 918 Blade J300 ZZR600!
MacV2

Re: Harrogate - the Chelsea of the North?

Post by MacV2 »

:lol: :lol:

You could buy a pair of hair clippers for less than that...

DIY No4 in about half an hour...

You don't have to tip yourself or suffer a mundane conversation about the footie or the weather... :thumbup:
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
GreenEyedGecko

Post by GreenEyedGecko »

£25? Is that all? Hurry back Firestorm916. She was giving you a very heavy discount. Really.
countrymick

Post by countrymick »

ive heard some places put extra zeros on that price.
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

£25? Is that all?
I agree. Most of the woman I know pay much more than that. £60 would not be uncommon. 8O

Did anyone see the thing in the press the other day about woman always pay more for their products. Haircuts, Razor blades, deodorants, perfumes, pretty much anything that is marketed towards woman. Apparently it's because they are willing to pay more as it makes them feel better.

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
countrymick

Post by countrymick »

ive heard bills of £250 plus,i pay£7.50 good enough unless your the type of man on Geordie shore or towie!!!embarrassing to the rest of us :wtf:
lumpyv

Post by lumpyv »

get yourself down here mate. this place will releive you of a mere £ 6.00 for any style you like :thumbup:

middle eastern pop videos on the whole time you are there.

onetime I was in there somebody got their bike nicked from out the front and chased him up the street wearing the plastic cover/cape thing.
Last edited by lumpyv on Sat Feb 28, 2015 10:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.
3 out of 4 people make up 75% of the worlds population.
lumpyv

Post by lumpyv »

anybody fix that ?? carl /wicky/ YMV ?
Wicky

Post by Wicky »

lumpyv wrote:anybody fix that ?? carl /wicky/ YMV ?
Upload the picture file to an external server > http://tinypic.com then post the image's URL

This?

Last edited by Wicky on Sat Feb 28, 2015 9:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

ImageVTR Firestorm and other bikes t-shirts
lumpyv

Post by lumpyv »

on the subject of Harrogate does any body remember the 70 year old dj called gyrating Geoff who used be in a club up there??
lumpyv

Post by lumpyv »

Wicky wrote:
lumpyv wrote:anybody fix that ?? carl /wicky/ YMV ?
Upload the picture file to an external server > http://tinypic.com then post the image's URL

This?

can I do that ? I captured that image with something called "snipping tool" . think its a windows 8 thing ? ?
lumpyv

Post by lumpyv »

apparently I can ?? don't know how that happened? ?
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

sniping or snipping. I think sniping may be more appropriate in this thread :lol:

FYI snipping is an automatic bid system one can use on auction sites. It bids on your behalf as close to the end of auction as possible. What you probably done was tried to hotlink an image by directly copying it's URL and pasting it in between IMG tags. This wont always work as some sites will block this either for copyright purposes or they don't want you stealing their bandwidth. It's a little naughty. Now get yourself over to the leather thread for a spanking :lol:

==============================Enter the Darkside
Virt

Post by Virt »

What's a haircut?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
Slowly approaching the more bikes than birthdays achievement
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

cybercarl wrote:sniping or snipping. I think sniping may be more appropriate in this thread :lol:

FYI snipping is an automatic bid system one can use on auction sites. It bids on your behalf as close to the end of auction as possible. What you probably done was tried to hotlink an image by directly copying it's URL and pasting it in between IMG tags. This wont always work as some sites will block this either for copyright purposes or they don't want you stealing their bandwidth. It's a little naughty. Now get yourself over to the leather thread for a spanking :lol:

Think you may have then the other way round, Carl.
Sniping is the cheatie bidding thingie.
Snipping is the manipulation tool.
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.