Whats cheered you up today...?

General Biker Banter
tony.mon

Re: Whats cheered you up today...?

Post by tony.mon »

agentpineapple wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2017 8:06 pm
tony.mon wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2017 6:23 pm Getting a job offer from a good company two miles from where I live, in the same salary as my present job an hours commute away in Clapham.
Plus a bonus if I do well.
Just waiting for confirmation of the start date.

That'll do...... :thumbup:
that's great news mate, really pleased for you, no more long commutes into central London... :thumbup:
Yeah, but you'll have to come south of the river to pick up bits.....
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
bigtwinthing

Post by bigtwinthing »

Good News Tony. They obviously dont know :silent: about your Jail time
missing the noise, not the vibes. However never say never!
podman

Post by podman »

Having an extension to Christmas day has cheered me up today.

Did anyone watch the James May programme a few days ago where he sent an Action Man supersonic?

During a small part of the programme May visited a toy fair , which to me looked like a lot of fun...never been to one before but today I dragged the Mrs and kids to one at the NEC...It was bloody brilliant for a 50 year old boy!

Toys for boys and girls from every decade, from Atari's to model kits, really very old wooden and tin vintage toys and everything inbetween...prices ranged from £2 to £5000..

anyway, feel free to take the piss, the rest of my family did but I didnt care as I came home with a Star Wars blaster, a couple of Dinky toys and ordered an Action Man....came home a very happy boy , best Xmas ever!

[url]Image

[url]Image

[url]Image

[url]Image

[url]Image

[url]Image

[url]Image

[url]Image

[url]Image

[url]Image

[url]Image

[url]Image

[url]Image

[url]Image

My bounty, remember these very well as a boy.

[url]Image
bigtwinthing

Post by bigtwinthing »

Podders I still have me Action man with Deep Sea Divers Outfit, with box etc.( not his butt lloydie) What a great "back in time" these days are. I also have a Dinky cat with a spare wheel on the roof thats turns the front wheels.
bigtwinthing

Post by bigtwinthing »

yesterday I received an Old Bowler hat that was my Grandads, it was however Stan laurels at 1 time, as he was my Grandma,s second cousin. Its sitting proudly hanging in my Hall. It was left to me as I always wore it as a kid.

I have collected a bit of my Relatives items this year, a Miners Deputy Stick, a Mariners depth gauge and a beautiful half hunter watch, an 1880,s lacrosse stick and a set of ski,s from 1921
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Podders oh how times have changed...

My action Man suffered a lot, I had the Red Devils one with the Parachute which regularly got flung out of the window...It's what he would have wanted even though the chute didn't always open fully... :lol: :lol:

The boxes of 00 gauge soilders bring back a lot of memories...Back then you could buy all different regiments & types. It's just not the same in these PC enlightend days...

Action Man SS uniform anyone ? Sill I supose you get something along the lines in the COD type computer games these days...

Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
podman

Post by podman »

Its amazing how many memories these few pictures have bought back for people....Im sure we have a stack of Action Men "stuff" and other items in my Mum and Dad's loft but theres no way I will get to see that anytime soon, I hope anyway.

I remember chucking my action man from my friends flat window...the chute did work to an extent as I recall but its the time I spent bombing him around in the motorbike and sidecar with all guns blazing I remember most.

Mac, Id well imagine something like the SS uniform would be quite desirable nowadays, probably didnt sell that well back in the day and all the more in demand for it nowadays, im only guessing thou.

Must incorporate a toy fair and a storm meet, that could be heaven for some of us!
podman

Post by podman »

bigtwinthing wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2017 9:05 am Podders I still have me Action man with Deep Sea Divers Outfit, with box etc.( not his butt lloydie) What a great "back in time" these days are. I also have a Dinky cat with a spare wheel on the roof thats turns the front wheels.

I also had that Deep Sea diver rig out as well mate! Plenty of Dinky toys but I dont recall that particular one..
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

That looks amazing Podders, thanks for sharing the photo's :thumbup:

Chris.
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

having to do an 80 mile ride to get some building materials, any excuse I can get to ride. oh and it's going to be 20 degree's tomorrow, i'll have to sneak out for another ride. how's the weather in blighty?
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
grumpyfrog

Post by grumpyfrog »

Bugger aff Marty,
Blighty is either covered in snow, slush, rain, runoff or salty crap slip encouraging slippy stuff.
Can't even be arsed trudging out to the garage to start the strip down.
When it's dry, it's-3, when it's warm it's pissing down, in between it's white.

Oh how you are a luck lad.

Bugger, I need to trudge out to get more grog from the shed.........

Keep an eye out for celebrating pims pickled grannies out for their annual family trip out....
Don't hassle me
I'll get there at some time
bigtwinthing

Post by bigtwinthing »

i did 220 miles today it was windy but dry. service due next month its the biggy 20,000 and £800 from Triumph, nuts or what. Ive done the brakes, linkages and Suspension greasing, but i will get them to do the valve checks, as they will stamp the book.
Mav617

Post by Mav617 »

You guys cheer me up, all the best for 2018 fellas (and ladies)! :beer:
I'm so unlucky that if there is such a thing as re-incarnation I'll come back as me!
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

Mav617 wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2017 9:52 pm You guys cheer me up, all the best for 2018 fellas (and ladies)! :beer:
ooh come here and give me a hug :lol:
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

fabiostar wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2017 10:47 pm
Mav617 wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2017 9:52 pm You guys cheer me up, all the best for 2018 fellas (and ladies)! :beer:
ooh come here and give me a hug :lol:
:Group Hug:
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...