AMCQ46

Re: Whats cheered you up today...?

Post by AMCQ46 »

yeah Mac, the front end is seriously good :D
AMcQ
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

VTRDark wrote: Sun May 13, 2018 6:53 pm Bloody hell he's planted that well. Not sure about lifing it with the bucket on a tractor :eek2 Surly the better way is to saw the post or dig aound the base of it to get some wobble in the post.
I told them to get the cutters out and cut the fence wires, then pull it into the field. I suspect they need up having to do that
AMcQ
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

AMCQ46 wrote: Sun May 13, 2018 5:45 pm Today was supposed to be cloudy with rain coming in from the west. Well they got that wrong, it was a cracking sunny day for a blast to wales.

Only down side was coming across an accident where some old bloke on a BSA had miss read a 90deg bend and run into the hedge and wire fence. Fortunately the landing the other side of the fence was a semi dry bog, so he had a softish landing and was up and movingImage
It was jammed tight between the wire fencing and the fence post, so No way to get it out by hand. The farmer had gone off to get a tractor with front bucket to see if he could lift it out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Cheers for posting up the photo's Al :thumbup:

Glad to hear the guy who misjudged the corner was up and moving about. His bike is certainly well and truly in there.

I got out on my bike today as well :D

Chris.
grumpyfrog

Post by grumpyfrog »

Having to take this road home from work todayImageImage

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Don't hassle me
I'll get there at some time
KermitLeFrog

Post by KermitLeFrog »

Could almost be Northumberland.....
"I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I squandered" (George Best, RIP)
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

now that is hardcore commuting
AMcQ
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Got any more pics of the bike Grumpy. That looks like a real nice Storm you have there and in the best colour :biggrin Those style frame sliders is what I need to find.
==============================Enter the Darkside
grumpyfrog

Post by grumpyfrog »

Dark, go back 2 pages in General chat to the "Jamoi where are you " topic.
It's Jamie's the lycra fetishes lads old bike. The OCD certainly got hold of him when he did this one, I'm still finding things he's done that he never told me about.
I'm loving her. But still missing the flat bars....
Don't hassle me
I'll get there at some time
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Ah you got Jamoi's bike. OK I don't need to see pics as Iv'e seen it in the flesh. Glad to hear it went to a good home. That's a fantastic bike that one. Seats been changed since I last seen it though. He used to have a suede type seat. I was very tempted myself when that went up for sale. In fact by the time I decided I was going to get it I was too late as it was gone.
Watty

Post by Watty »

Kev L wrote: Sun May 06, 2018 10:15 pm The white one is a 49 Jag as well. Very nice, all of them.
:thumbup:
Nearly as old as you Kev 8O
SH#T HAPPENS!!!!!!!!
podman

Post by podman »

Not quite a Tesla but I turfed the child out of this yesterday and had a spin..In the confines of a park it was great fun!

[url]Image

£115 for a slick doesnt seem so bad...until you realised what it fitted!

[url]Image

[url]Image
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

They never really took off those C5's but very advanced for their day I think. If they where released now they would be all the rage considering there are folk out there buying Velomobiles.
Wicky

Post by Wicky »

"very advanced for their day I think"

Not really - it was powered by a heavy lump of a lead acid battery giving 5 – 10 mile range at less than moderate cycling speed.

More a rich kids toy than a serious revolutionary means of transport for the masses. Though today's lithium battery tech could improve its performance but would make it very costly and not really solve its vulnerability on open roads.
It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

ImageVTR Firestorm and other bikes t-shirts
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

VTRDark wrote: Mon Jun 04, 2018 3:58 pm They never really took off those C5's but very advanced for their day I think. If they where released now they would be all the rage considering there are folk out there buying Velomobiles.
Back when they came out I was working at a Comet store*...

We used to race them around the wharehouse... :lol:

Sold one to a bloke who brought it back saying it wouldnt go very far before the battery died...

It might have had something to do with all the extra electrical things he had added...Lights, extra horn & a fekin CB compleat with long floppy aerial... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

He had drilled so many holes in it it looked like swiss cheese... he was politly informed that he had voided his warranty...

* interesting fact, the store was based on an old industrial estate named after the engineering works that used to take most of it up...Stirling estate...as in Stirling Machine guns which were made there...
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Advanced my butt...the motor was from a hoover washing machine... :lol: :lol:
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...