Whats cheered you up today...?

General Biker Banter
VTRDark

Re: Whats cheered you up today...?

Post by VTRDark »

Yeh and look how advaned hoovers where. Without them you'd still be using one of them old fashioned floor sweepers my nan used to use :lol: I agree the range was terrible but look at the design as in the styling and idea of something that low down. Like I said a bit like Velomobiles accept they are peddle power.
==============================Enter the Darkside
Wicky

Post by Wicky »

Grant Sinclair's version of C5

http://www.grantsinclair.com/en/e-bike.html

http://www.businesscloud.co.uk/magazine ... s-footstep

:thumbdown:
“It’s like being inside a very large crash helmet: if you’re driving in traffic it doesn’t feel intimidating driving alongside cars. The whole point is if you’re aged 14 years or older you can ride it on the cycle paths without a licence or insurance because it’s classified as a bike. It’s a safer product, it’s nippy and great for commuters.”
It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

ImageVTR Firestorm and other bikes t-shirts
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

VTRDark wrote: Mon Jun 04, 2018 7:38 pm Yeh and look how advaned hoovers where. Without them you'd still be using one of them old fashioned floor sweepers my nan used to use :lol: I agree the range was terrible but look at the design as in the styling and idea of something that low down. Like I said a bit like Velomobiles accept they are peddle power.
Hoover the brand of washing machine, not a fekin vacume cleaner motor you numpti... :lol: :lol:
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Giant Sinclairs.....how much :Shock1: They wont take off because they are too expensve, and they don't have wings. :lol: Bloody hell I could go and buy a trycyle and load of carbon fibre cloth and make one for a 1/4 of the price.
==============================Enter the Darkside
podman

Post by podman »

Wicky wrote: Mon Jun 04, 2018 8:25 pm Grant Sinclair's version of C5

http://www.grantsinclair.com/en/e-bike.html

http://www.businesscloud.co.uk/magazine ... s-footstep

:thumbdown:
“It’s like being inside a very large crash helmet: if you’re driving in traffic it doesn’t feel intimidating driving alongside cars. The whole point is if you’re aged 14 years or older you can ride it on the cycle paths without a licence or insurance because it’s classified as a bike. It’s a safer product, it’s nippy and great for commuters.”
Good find mate, nice to see the Sinclair family is still
mucking around making stuff anyway...a few of us remember the original eh, I never saw one on the road back in the day, which I guess says it all..
StormyRob

Post by StormyRob »

Good news for a change! The red bike i bought a few weeks was pretty cheap. She wasn't revving above 6k or so so thought she was 180 out.

Turns out she was. Was a bit confusing on this bike and I had my head turned as it wasn't making sense but a wee call round from Fabio and she us running well with new oil and filter to boot. Happy man
If you don't try you never know if you can do it.
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

StormyRob wrote: Sat Jun 09, 2018 2:28 pm Good news for a change! The red bike i bought a few weeks was pretty cheap. She wasn't revving above 6k or so so thought she was 180 out.

Turns out she was. Was a bit confusing on this bike and I had my head turned as it wasn't making sense but a wee call round from Fabio and she us running well with new oil and filter to boot. Happy man
great bike for the money rob and those pipes sound lurvlyyyyy
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
bigtwinthing

Post by bigtwinthing »

bought another Honda :thumbup:
missing the noise, not the vibes. However never say never!
grumpyfrog

Post by grumpyfrog »

BWT, what yah get, what yah get????

Come on: tell, tell, tell
Don't hassle me
I'll get there at some time
bigtwinthing

Post by bigtwinthing »

Viffer 1200F. oh so smooth, oh so bloody fast and the tank range is ok, I have to stop to pee every 75 miles anyway. wonderfully built, has all the luggage for France etc. 2400 miles since new.
popkat

Post by popkat »

bigtwinthing wrote: Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:01 pm Viffer 1200F. oh so smooth, oh so bloody fast and the tank range is ok, I have to stop to pee every 75 miles anyway. wonderfully built, has all the luggage for France etc. 2400 miles since new.

One of the fastest depreciating bikes out there, hope you got it nice and cheap.. All the rear shocks seize their preload adjusters, Honda replaced them under warranty with the same unit, no mods, if yours isn't seized then get some penetrating oil in there, something good not wd40, regularly work the adjuster so it remains free. 16k service is very expensive, but you won't keep it that long :wink:

http://www.bidefordmotorcycles.co.uk
2014 CRMC Post classic Superbike champion.
2014 CRMC Post classic senior production champion. On a Suzuki Katana 1100
My bikes, Firestorm, Suzuki GSX-s1000 Katana, VFR800Fi. Projects, 1986 popup Katana, 3 XJ600’s
KermitLeFrog

Post by KermitLeFrog »

popkat wrote: Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:18 pm
One of the fastest depreciating bikes out there.
I thought the Aprilias had that honour?
"I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I squandered" (George Best, RIP)
grumpyfrog

Post by grumpyfrog »

But why the big depreciation? They never got an amazing welcome, but by all accounts are a great bike.
Yes replace the shock, but that's common to lots of bike.
Let us know how she goes. I've always liked them, and cost second hand looks good.
Don't hassle me
I'll get there at some time
bigtwinthing

Post by bigtwinthing »

2400 miles all the recalls done, 1 for the drive shaft etc, like new almost. Helibars fitted, all the luggage, yes it was cheapish but I would have paid more as the condition is concours. They were dear from start, I roadtested one at almost 12k in 2010. They are super smooth with lots if grunt. I actually love the looks, I will be fitting a decent shock, ohlins I hope, my mate rode it Thursday and reckoned on the road it was better than his 1202 blade. He was impressed. however low tank range would be in issue for some.Not me, the wife drinks coffee more than the Firestorm drunk petrol.

All my bikes are well looked after poppers, but thanks for the info on the adjusters and linkages etc.
I have already budgeted for £1k for the 16 mile service.
My horse bill recently was 6k for a thorn infection in his leg, the 16000 mile service will be cheap in comparison.

( thank you Liphook equine hospital, great job)

and got all weekend to ride it !
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

Passed the class 1 c+e today whoop whoop rubber duck here I come