Whats cheered you up today...?

General Biker Banter
Duffy1964

Re: Whats cheered you up today...?

Post by Duffy1964 »

Well done Al top man

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Duffy1964
Yellow 1997 Storm R.I.P. Orange 2000 Streetfighter (Rufus), Red & Silver 1968 Triumph Trophy 650, Blue 2003 Storm Project, Red 2007 Montesa Cota Trials 250 & 1959 BSA D7 175cc Bantam Trials Project
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

AMCQ46 wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 8:29 am

But I am thinking about keeping a can of petrol in the back of the car to save time next time I go out :lol:
To torch the Guzzi or the teenager?
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

AMCQ46 wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 8:29 am Being the Good Samaritan :thumbup:

Coming back from the cinema in Evesham late last night on a busy stretch of dual carriage way, mrsMcQ spotted a motorbike parked up on the opposite side. So biker rules apply, and I go 5 miles up to the next roundabout and head back to see if I can help. Get there and an old boy on a Guzzi 1100 sport has run out of petrol, I offer to take him to a petrol station but he had already got his son on the way with a petrol can, so I wait till he arrives and then Head south for 5 miles to the next roundabout so I can go back north again.

Then just before the roundabout I spot another motorbike parked up on the hard shoulder on the northbound lane, so i memorise where he is and pull up behind him. This time a young lad on a heavily loaded ancient 125 on L plates .... Yup he has run out of petrol too! So I tell him to jump in and we go all the way north and back south in yet another loop of the dual carrige way to the nearest petrol station and back to his bike.
Turns out he was riding up from Exeter to Worcester just for a day to see his sister ... Staying off the motorway!! The joy of being young and carefree

So that added over an hour to our 20 trip home, but makes you feel good to help strangers.

But I am thinking about keeping a can of petrol in the back of the car to save time next time I go out :lol:
:clap: :clap: very impressive Al :thumbup:

Chris.
grumpyfrog

Post by grumpyfrog »

Al, well that's the 4th time in the last 10 years that I've done the NC500, first 2 were before it was even branded that, and yes attitudes have changed.
Probably cause it was proper wet and very windy there was not that many lycra clads out but still a few.
Speaking to locals: hotels are happy with high turnover but they were always busy and like the 1 night trade. B&B.s are suffering with mid week trade down as weekend 500 crews booking up single nights.
What I have noticed is the growth in "hostels". I stayed in 2 and can say I will never do it again. B&B.s I've been in before have been fab.
Road wise, there had been some major resurfacing done but some parts are outright dangerous. Top coat peeling off, verge ruts with 8" groves. I kid you not, we went back to look at 1. The Bealach na Ba road is a joke due to the traffic in it now. Take a motocross if you want to do it.
I will say, and was pissed off with Grand Tour for saying so, that the 500 route is ok and wish that the majority stay with that as the other roads are absolutely fabulous.
Get yourself a base for 3 nights and go chase the sun.

Some awesome big cars out that were proper up for some fun :thumbup:
Don't hassle me
I'll get there at some time
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

Slipstream, my local Mot station, has closed, so I took the 2 to another one today.
It passed OK, slight movement from the rear wheel bearings so that's a little job for a rainy day sometime.

He weighed it, a few grams over 200 kilos, so another round of ti bolt replacement is called for.

Rear indies a bit close together and the undersized plate were mentioned in passing.....

But a pass is a pass.

I cleaned it last night, got a bit carried away and wiped a polishing rag over it as well; shame it was raining when I took it up there☔🙄
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
Duffy1964

Post by Duffy1964 »

Glad it passed Tony

Duffy1964
Yellow 1997 Storm R.I.P. Orange 2000 Streetfighter (Rufus), Red & Silver 1968 Triumph Trophy 650, Blue 2003 Storm Project, Red 2007 Montesa Cota Trials 250 & 1959 BSA D7 175cc Bantam Trials Project
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Always good to get the mot out of the way, glad it passed Tony :thumbup:

Chris.
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Found Custurds missing key...without even looking for it...

See here for full comical update...

viewtopic.php?f=18&t=18681&start=18915#p475571
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Today at work I got a hug...

Just as I was leaving having compleated the job...

It's nice to be appreciated...

Shame it was from a 5 year old... 8O
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

MacV2 wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 5:29 pm Today at work I got a hug...

Just as I was leaving having compleated the job...

It's nice to be appreciated...

Shame it was from a 5 year old... 8O
:lol: Still it's better than being moaned at :thumbup:

Chris.
Bennyboy

Post by Bennyboy »

Going to see the storm and adding a few new parts to her
JazzmasterJ

Post by JazzmasterJ »

Kids dropped off at various establishments. Cleaned the rainy commuter muck off Tango (settled on the name) and gave the rocket launchers some autosol. Cleaned, lubed and adjusted the chain, then took a moment to contemplate whether to go orange or black with the stock belly pan and rear hugger I intend to install soon.

Found some jam doughnuts I forgot about from Saturday. Time to settle down and polish them off whilst finally catching up with Aragon GP. Being self employed is alright sometimes!

Oh, also it’s bin day so:

Wicky

Post by Wicky »

BINS!
It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

ImageVTR Firestorm and other bikes t-shirts
Duffy1964

Post by Duffy1964 »

Duffy1964
bigtwinthing

Post by bigtwinthing »

Army pension has kicked in, yahoo.
missing the noise, not the vibes. However never say never!