Chinese Levers

General Biker Banter
carmanbikes

Chinese Levers

Post by carmanbikes »

Got a pair of levers off flebay item number 291112607305 they are from Hong kong so had to wait about 3 weeks they cost £16-99 I cant believe the quality for the money they are really good :thumbup:
PARSLEYRIPPER

Re: Chinese Levers

Post by PARSLEYRIPPER »

They are awesome, the quality is as good as anything cnc machined. I bought a pair of black and anodised gold adjustable and foldable levers for the storm and they are awesome. Pity they are being sold as I went Orange instead if gold on the paint Doh.
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

Make sure to gap the lever to the Piston or you will warp your discs .
mik_str

Post by mik_str »

Be careful, a friend of mine (Jack Flash on the Superhawk forum) just last week had his front brakes lock up on him inadvertently and unexpectedly as a result of a cheap Chinese lever... do a Google search and you'll see he is not alone.... you've been warned.......

Here you go: http://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/ge ... -up-32648/
Last edited by mik_str on Fri Oct 24, 2014 9:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
99 VTR1000F Firestorm, a.k.a. The Carbon Express
mik_str

Post by mik_str »

lloydie wrote:Make sure to gap the lever to the Piston or you will warp your discs .
warped discs are one thing, a potentially fatal accident is quite another.......
PARSLEYRIPPER

Post by PARSLEYRIPPER »

Surely as long as they are not binding on and have free play you should have no issues? Fitted properly I cant see any problems. If you fit a new brake lever and just ride off blindly you are asking for bother.
PARSLEYRIPPER

Post by PARSLEYRIPPER »

Jack flash rode without checking everything first if I read it correctly.
mik_str

Post by mik_str »

when you buy a properly designed part (Pazzo, CRG,...) you expect not to have to second-guess the engineering..... I guess there can be made to work, but do your homework first... here's to hoping it all works out (mind you, perhaps we could hand them out freely to Islamists)
kev64

Post by kev64 »

Oh god, I got some of these levers coming, judging by the lengthy delivery time!!!
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Don't panic too much they are Chinese, some you win some you loose. I wont say good but some Chinese stuff is better quality than others. The problem is that one can't tell which Chinese stuff is OK and which is not, plus quality control if any, can vary from seller to seller and even from one week to the next. What worries me is that this is the same seller that sells those death trap knife blade levers. :eek2

Take heed of the warnings and don't just fit and ride. Do make a comparison to the standard lever before fitting and pay particular attention to the master cylinder pin and how it sits in the lever.

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

I had some and once the clearance was set they were great , I only went back to standard levers as it suited my middle two finger braking
mik_str

Post by mik_str »

cybercarl wrote:Don't panic too much they are Chinese, some you win some you loose. I wont say good but some Chinese stuff is better quality than others. The problem is that one can't tell which Chinese stuff is OK and which is not, plus quality control if any, can vary from seller to seller and even from one week to the next. What worries me is that this is the same seller that sells those death trap knife blade levers. :eek2

Take heed of the warnings and don't just fit and ride. Do make a comparison to the standard lever before fitting and pay particular attention to the master cylinder pin and how it sits in the lever.

(:-})
You mean the Darwinian levers? lol

well said for the rest of the post :)
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

I still believe quality levers are the best, although I don't mind standard Honda levers, give the Chinese levers a couple of winters outside and the quality or lack of will shine thru. but changing levers every couple of years may still be cheaper than buy real quality items, iirc cheap levers warped virts discs, good luck with em guys....... :wink:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

agentpineapple wrote:I still believe quality levers are the best, although I don't mind standard Honda levers, give the Chinese levers a couple of winters outside and the quality or lack of will shine thru. but changing levers every couple of years may still be cheaper than buy real quality items, iirc cheap levers warped virts discs, good luck with em guys....... :wink:
Virts discs got warped because the fitter didn't gap the levers !
chric

Post by chric »

Buy good buy once people saftey first and if your bit of a Muppet like me get Neil to fit them correct .
wasn't happy he nearly got thrown off bike in garden.lol
Ill never be a sell out storm forever