Banned for speeding

General Biker Banter
PARSLEYRIPPER

Banned for speeding

Post by PARSLEYRIPPER »

Who has been banned for speeding? If so how long did you get and how much was the fine?
monkeymatt

Re: Banned for speeding

Post by monkeymatt »

I got banned in 2004
121mph on motorway .
Banned 6 months (put a good case together as to why I needed my licence ) and 1100 quid fine .
But after the ban insurance went through the roof
PARSLEYRIPPER

Post by PARSLEYRIPPER »

Crikey 1100 quid ouch
grumpyfrog

Post by grumpyfrog »

bloody hell, going by the title I thought you were just done...
nope, innocent here! not saying that I should have been a few times mind.
Don't hassle me
I'll get there at some time
PARSLEYRIPPER

Post by PARSLEYRIPPER »

Lol just curious, was done years ago 127 on the A64 outside York. 3 month ban 600quid fine. Was ok really as everyday I was testing big power cars as part of my work so was expecting to be done at some point.
E.Marquez

Banned for speeding

Post by E.Marquez »

So if you will allow a few ? From the Texas dude across the Pond.

Banned? Is that like loosing your license? Does it effect just your motorcycle license or car as well?

I got nicked the other day for 76 (123 kph). in a 60 (97 kph)

$114 in court costs and $25 for a drivers on line safety course or take a motorcycle riding safety course (which I happen to teach[SMILING FACE WITH OPEN MOUTH AND SMILING EYES]) and the citation is dismissed ...
What would a citation like that cost a bloke over there?
Marquez Motorcycle Services
Solutions to recurring maintenance
Race/Adventure ride event prep
Post event services

Total Rider
Your path to a TX motorcycle license
And advanced Rider training
kenmoore

Post by kenmoore »

Here in Oz they run a points system.

You start with 12 points and each time you get caught you lose points and a fine.

It takes 3 years from the booking before you get your points back.

If you lose all 12 points you can elect to forgo your license for 3 months, or drive and not get booked for 12 months.

If you get booked within 12 months you lose your license for a year.

Fines vary depending on how much over the limit you are.

Over the years I have lost my license 4 times on points and done the year without getting booked.

To top it all off we have certain times when fines and points are doubled, mainly at holiday times.

I tend not to ride much during those times.

Here it's all about revenue, not about safety.

Our police are revenue raisers and target bikes.

A mate of mine got done on a double demerits weekend recently for 40klms over and lost 6 points and the fine was 700 odd $.

Usually when I lost my license I didn't ride the bike.

Major bummer!
South Coast
New South Wales
Australia
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

1986. M11. 129.84 MPH. Two week ban & £100 fine.

Worst bit was having to use the bloody Tube for two weeks.
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

2000, 80 in a 30, 6 points and a £300 fine, went to court with a solicitor and managed to avoid a ban, the following day I went on a 2 week holiday to the usa, it was booked just in case I got a ban..... :wink:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
Virt

Post by Virt »

MacV2 wrote:1986. M11. 129.84 MPH. Two week ban & £100 fine.

You old git! I wasn't even bloody born! :lol:

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
Slowly approaching the more bikes than birthdays achievement
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Virt wrote:
MacV2 wrote:1986. M11. 129.84 MPH. Two week ban & £100 fine.

You old git! I wasn't even bloody born! :lol:

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
Yeah & its a 100mph faster than you ride as well... :Tongue2:

Old Git 1- Pimply Youth 0
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Banned? Is that like loosing your license?
Exactly... and it affects both motorcycle and car entitlements. Get banned from one and your banned from any others.

We work on a similar points type system for lessor driving offences, accept we start with 1 and end with 12. Once anyone builds up to 12 points they are automatically banned until points are removed. Points usually stay on you license for 3 years. To give you an idea 76 (123 kph) in a 60 (97 kph) would be at least a minimum of 3 points and possibly sent on a driver/rider speed awareness course at ones own expense. Anything 30mph over the speed limit for the road your caught on would most likely end up in Court and could lead to a years ban and/or fine and/or points. It's down to one to plead their case along with any mitigating circumstances and left at the judges discretion.

Instant no questions asked years ban for being found over the legal drink limit or driving under the influence of drugs. The years ban is not so much a problem unless it affects work. The real killer is your insurance premium when you get your license back. 10 years on the insurance for DUI :eek2 :eek2 Speaking from experience :roll:

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
TheGingerBeardMan

Post by TheGingerBeardMan »

Never been done for speeding in all the years I've been riding. Although I have been flashed a few times by the speed cameras - but never had any photos or fines through the door. :thumbup:

Those in Scotland will maybe know that we get "test flashes", or the flash to let you know you are "pushing it a bit", and they act as a deterrent.

The camera that flashed me was at Strathcathro Services (on the Northbound road) coming home from Dundee to Aberdeenshire. No other traffic was on the road, and I was sitting at the 60mph, and it still lit up my mirrors. Waited months for something to drop through my door, but it never did. So, put it down to a test flash.

(Some speed cameras up here don't even have film/digital media in them, but are there for purely a deterrent. It's not knowing which one is "live" and which is display is the thing. So, most folk brake like maniacs before they hit one...then, crawl through it, and after a certain distance, re-light the tyres).

All that waffled, I HAVE been done shitloads of times for no appropriate road tax for that vehicle. (I DID have current road tax, but it was rarely assigned to the correct bike ). Hell, I figured when I had 6 bikes, why should I tax them all, when I can only ride one at a time. So, I swapped the disc around each time. Jobsworth warden spotted it had a different reg on it.

Also been done for no insurance as a kid loads of times. Along with no tax or MOT etc.

Not that long ago (this year in fact), got done again for "no insurance". 6 points and a £300 bargained for fine. I bought another bike earlier this year (not the wing), and I was STILL insured with my rider policy.

At the time of buying the bike, the other guy was insured, so, I was covered to take it home. But, things got delayed, and I went out days later to collect. Never thought of asking the guy. So, got stopped as vehicle flagged up no insurance. I argued I still have insurance - but the bugger cancelled his the day before I collected it. So, that voided my policy. The court realised I was not a "habitual offender" and it was a mistake on my part to assume the seller would keep to his word, and keep it insured until I got it home.

Worra bugger.

With 6 points and an IN10 on my ticket for the next 5 years, I can't afford to get nabbed for speeding. :thumbdown:
If it ain't broken...f*ck about with it until it is.

TAX: 1st March 2017
MOT: 16th March 2017
INS: 14th March 2017
chric

Post by chric »

Yeah 130mph in a 40mph zone while pulling a wheelie then doing a stoppie.
dint get a ban just a two thumbs up and people shouting do it again.
Ill never be a sell out storm forever
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

got done again for "no insurance". 6 points and a £300 bargained for fine
Is that all, and for a second offence 8O That is the same as what it was donkeys years ago, not much of a deterrent ay. Yep been there done that too. I'm paying for it now though with the rip off insurance prices and I don't mean for previous. I mean in general as this is one of the reasons insurance premiums are so high for everyone. It does make me wonder if the Ministry of Transport are taking back handers from the insurance companies to keep the non insured from getting banned which then entitles them to charge more.

What makes me laugh is how juveniles can get points on a non existent license. How's that work out :lol:

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside