Fitness

General Biker Banter
Kev L

Fitness

Post by Kev L »

What are the groups thoughts on fitness? I know a few are cyclists, and have posted various bits n bobs about their rides. What about the rest? And do you think there is any need to stay fit? Does it improve your riding? Is it a load of bollox which is better ignored with a pint and a curry? What ya reckon?
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
Jamoi

Re: Fitness

Post by Jamoi »

John McGuinness does alright!

I think good fitness is good for riding, I try my best to stay in shape but my days of hamster wheeling in gyms are well and truly over!

Depends on your level of riding I guess, all the top racers are full on athletes.
Jamie :wave:
Watty

Post by Watty »

Jamoi wrote:John McGuinness does alright!

I think good fitness is good for riding, I try my best to stay in shape but my days of hamster wheeling in gyms are well and truly over!

Depends on your level of riding I guess, all the top racers are full on athletes.
John Mc Guinness is bike fit though Jamie and does lots of enduro riding which is good for fitness!
SH#T HAPPENS!!!!!!!!
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

I like pies...
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

I ate all the pie's............. :lol:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
Watty

Post by Watty »

I find unwrapping a chocolate bar and walking to the car is enough exercise really
SH#T HAPPENS!!!!!!!!
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Watty wrote:I find unwrapping a chocolate bar and walking to the car is enough exercise really

Ahhh Chocolate....droooooollll
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
countrymick

Post by countrymick »

I stay fit with work.pays the bills and keeps me a skinny git :beer:
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

I need to get fit . I've been driving (siting on my butt) for 9 years now and my fitness is at a all time low .
And with not having the time and money to go to a gym it ain't getting any better .

Tho I'm getting a cross trainer machine soon so hope to get up the stairs with out loosing my breath .
Sure my knees being bad hasn't helped but it's time to sort myself out
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

Would cycling not help you Lloydie? Cheap bike and a couple of hours rides cheaper than a gym.
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
Watty

Post by Watty »

Joking aside, I sit driving 60 hours a week and my fitness is at an all time low ( although I'm nowhere near as unfit as some younger than me ). Lack of time doesn't help, although it shouldn't be an excuse, don't really want to pay what gyms charge either 8O . Bought a half decent mountain bike 18 months ago and been on it 3 times :? . I'm aware I need to do something but just seem to be in a rut :( .
SH#T HAPPENS!!!!!!!!
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

How much do gyms cost in your neck of the woods Watty?
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

Kev, at your age you might need to check with your doctor before trying any excercise :lol:
AMcQ
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

Kev L wrote:Would cycling not help you Lloydie? Cheap bike and a couple of hours rides cheaper than a gym.
To cold in winter to go out riding .
I used to cycle 30 miles a day till I was 20 .

A cross trainer I can fit in the garage and plug away all year .
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

Al :Finger1: :lol:

Lloydie, what about one of those stands that allow you to ride the bike indoors -
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Graber-Mag-Bi ... 23398fa0c4
then, when the weather is suitable for your delicate constitution, you can ride in the sunshine. Bless your cotton socks!!