*** THREAD HIJACK ***

General Biker Banter
tony.mon

Re: *** THREAD HIJACK ***

Post by tony.mon »

So I went to Oval tube station today.
Bloody ripoff!
The tube is round, just like all the rest.
Boring.......
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

Having researched the popular press, television and media I note that many people are encouraging others, even children, to "reach for the stars".
I am deeply concerned, in a health and safety way, that this could result in serious injury.

The sun is a star, and the surface of it is in excess of several thousand degrees centigrade.
You wouldn't exhort children to even "reach for the recently-boiled kettle", would you?

Although it is fair to say that a star is a long way away and the chances of the reaching it are minimal, we must be on the alert for such dangerous fanatics as Elon Musk and Richard Branson, who are doing everything in their power to enable people to go to the stars.

If they succeed in their endeavours, we will be placing adults and children in danger, and I am convinced that they should be prevented by the Health and Safety Police
from bring their evil plans to fruition.

This has been a Public Safety Announcement on behalf of Disgusted of Tunbridge Wells, who cannot type at present due to his bandage hands, injured during the research for this article.
I am sure that you will all join me in wishing him a swift and full recovery.
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

tony.mon wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2017 10:06 am Having researched the popular press, television and media I note that many people are encouraging others, even children, to "reach for the stars".
I am deeply concerned, in a health and safety way, that this could result in serious injury.

The sun is a star, and the surface of it is in excess of several thousand degrees centigrade.
You wouldn't exhort children to even "reach for the recently-boiled kettle", would you?

Although it is fair to say that a star is a long way away and the chances of the reaching it are minimal, we must be on the alert for such dangerous fanatics as Elon Musk and Richard Branson, who are doing everything in their power to enable people to go to the stars.

If they succeed in their endeavours, we will be placing adults and children in danger, and I am convinced that they should be prevented by the Health and Safety Police
from bring their evil plans to fruition.

This has been a Public Safety Announcement on behalf of Disgusted of Tunbridge Wells, who cannot type at present due to his bandage hands, injured during the research for this article.
I am sure that you will all join me in wishing him a swift and full recovery.
Good point Disgusted of Tunbridge Wells.

There is also the point to consider that they will loose their hands to frostbite as they try to reach up through the upper atmosphere...

Typed for Silly of St Albans, who lost both hands to frostbite during reserch for this reply.
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

The insomniac is still awake. No point in going to sleep now. Give it an hour and it will be light enough to go back out and start work on the bike. Might as well get a full days work in. If I fall asleep now I wont wake up until about midday and the day will be wasted. :roll:
==============================Enter the Darkside
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

The first plane of the morning is 6 minutes late it's 5:06 am :lol: Well it starting to get light now so time coffee then garden
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

lmfao WTF are you guys smoking and can i have some :lol:
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

fabiostar wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2017 7:51 am lmfao WTF are you guys smoking and can i have some :lol:
:Smoke2:

Ganja mon ganja...
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Scrambled Eggs

sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Ugh that's disgusting Carl :lol:
I'll never be able to look at scrambled eggs the same again,

Chris.
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Never mind not being able to look at Big Bird the same way again. What's funny is that it looks like that was at a school play. I wonder what the parents thought of it :lol:
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

VTRDark wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2017 11:01 pm Never mind not being able to look at Big Bird the same way again. What's funny is that it looks like that was at a school play. I wonder what the parents thought of it :lol:
A pile of poo would be my guess :wink: :lol:

Chris.
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Just seen the following on an Ebay listing WTF Are they trying to say if you leave unjustified negative feedback then they will take you to court :crazy: I'd like to see them try. Shame I can't reply with 'Any pushy sales and forceful terms and conditions will be met by avoiding a sale' :Ball Kick:
LEGAL NOTICE FOR THE FEEDBACK:

Any negative judgement unmotivated, published on the Internet in Europe is equated to print media and thus constitutes defamation, relatively actionable pursuant to Art. 1, 2, 3 c 595. Criminal Code, Art. 30 c. 4 and 5 LN 223/90.

Feedback is considered a judgment.
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

VTRDark wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2017 11:35 pm Just seen the following on an Ebay listing WTF Are they trying to say if you leave unjustified negative feedback then they will take you to court :crazy: I'd like to see them try. Shame I can't reply with 'Any pushy sales and forceful terms and conditions will be met by avoiding a sale' :Ball Kick:

Any negative judgement unmotivated, published on the Internet in Europe is equated to print media and thus constitutes defamation, relatively actionable pursuant to Art. 1, 2, 3 c 595. Criminal Code, Art. 30 c. 4 and 5 LN 223/90.

It sounds like someone has had some bad feedback in the past :eh:

Chris.
bertye

Post by bertye »

VTRDark wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2017 11:35 pm Just seen the following on an Ebay listing WTF Are they trying to say if you leave unjustified negative feedback then they will take you to court :crazy: I'd like to see them try. Shame I can't reply with 'Any pushy sales and forceful terms and conditions will be met by avoiding a sale' :Ball Kick:

Item number please or link would be very much appreciated. I love shopping them in :D :D :D
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Good luck with that as they are in Italy :lol:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/INNOVATE-MTX- ... 1438.l2649