What's annoyed you today??

General Biker Banter
MacV2

Re: What's annoyed you today??

Post by MacV2 »

jchesshyre wrote: Sat Jun 02, 2018 7:13 pm I am officially a total idiot.

I've just spent an hour trying to get my seat off because the lock mechanism had jammed. Eventually managed to move the catch with a long screwdriver, after masses of swearing, shouting (which my neighbours will have heard), and bruising and scraping my hands and wrists.

Even after I had the seat off I couldn't see why the key mechanism was jammed.

My VTR key has a red dot on to identify it. Red bike, red dot. My CB key doesn't. Guess which key I've been trying to unlock it with. :redface

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Yep your an idiot...

This is why I lable all my keys...

This is just the spares... 8O
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

jchesshyre wrote: Sat Jun 02, 2018 7:13 pm I am officially a total idiot.

I've just spent an hour trying to get my seat off because the lock mechanism had jammed. Eventually managed to move the catch with a long screwdriver, after masses of swearing, shouting (which my neighbours will have heard), and bruising and scraping my hands and wrists.

Even after I had the seat off I couldn't see why the key mechanism was jammed.

My VTR key has a red dot on to identify it. Red bike, red dot. My CB key doesn't. Guess which key I've been trying to unlock it with. :redface
That's worse than me :lol:

Chris.
StormyRob

Post by StormyRob »

So basically I shop around for Insurance and as long as the company is real I will take the lowest. Gave "just motorcycle insurance" a go, which is a branch of Carole Nash I believe. Insurance for the year was 95 quid. Just moved address so called to update them thinking they would give me a slight refund as it's a nicer area.

How wrong I was! Admin fee to change address is £59.99. The highest I have ever seen or heard of. Was a little taken back and told the fella to cancel it and then relaxed myself as I think I can complain about it. Admin fees are supposef to be reasonable and a true cost of the admin according to the FCA. Just a warning to anyone else that does it like me. Yes its in the terms and conditions but I did it online and didn't pay much attention
If you don't try you never know if you can do it.
jchesshyre

Post by jchesshyre »

That's a joke! How long does it take a member of staff to change your details? Let's say five minutes to be generous. They must therefore be paying said staff member an hourly wage of 12 x £59.99 if that's how much it costs them.
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

That's a ridiculous charge, thanks for the heads-up Rob,

Chris.
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Admin fees full stop wherever is one big con as it's only a few changes on the keyboard to make changes and possibly the price of a postage stamp. It's not uncommon to be charged £30 for changes but £60 is taking the piss. But this is insurance and they have us by the balls because it's a legal requirment. In other words we have no choice. Iv'e said this before but I think we should do as they do in some other countries. Everyone has to purchase a basic insurance at the same cost, just like MOT's, that covers us legally. Any extra's we want to purchase on top to cover us for anything else is extra. This would create a competative market and therefore insurance costs will lower. This also does not discriminate and put the poor at a disadvantage or those that happen to live somewhere where insurance would cost more so they can't afford to buy a decent vehicle. Or rather can afford the vehicle but not the insurance.

To be honest I think because insurance is such a rip off and so complicted is partly why there are so many uninsured drivers around or insurance polocies are void. So in the end it doesn't even protect us and the systems they have in place is designed to make it higher becuase they need ways to cover for the non insured which we we end up paying for. Insurance should be renamed to legalised robbery or mugging. They are no better than somone ripping the bag out of somones hand walking down the street. Insurance comapnies are criminals and they create crime becuase it's crime that pays them. Lets face it it's cheaper and easier for somone to go and nik a moped for the day and dispose of it when finished. Insurance costs rarly go up because of accidents. It goes up because of the theft. I wouln't put it past insurance companies to pay gangs to go out robbing bikes just so they can increase the costs of insurance. A very murky industry indeed.

Another grievance I have is that Insurance companies are multi-international corporations and why should our insurance costs rise to cover places like Russia. You can bet you life that insurance companies are not loosing out and they spread the costs out so we all end up paying in the same way we pay for the uninsured.
==============================Enter the Darkside
StormyRob

Post by StormyRob »

It's an industry that disgusts me. As you say little we can do. Informing insurance companies of change of address is a requirement. Its not like I am adding a mod or asking for the cover to change which is a choice. Just seems so unfair to charge that amount for something I have to declare. Will lodge the complaint and if they don't bother I will go to the ombudsman. Shall update here when I do
KermitLeFrog

Post by KermitLeFrog »

It hasn't annoyed me too much as I was expecting it; but. Added a bike to the stable today, to be my "track" bike. Multibike insurance with Carole Nash. Added premium £9 (to cover until 31 July). Administration charge £40. Thieving b'stards.
"I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I squandered" (George Best, RIP)
StormyRob

Post by StormyRob »

KermitLeFrog wrote: Tue Jun 05, 2018 1:51 pm It hasn't annoyed me too much as I was expecting it; but. Added a bike to the stable today, to be my "track" bike. Multibike insurance with Carole Nash. Added premium £9 (to cover until 31 July). Administration charge £40. Thieving b'stards.
Even 40 quid is mad. Not proportionate in the slightest.
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Refelctive spray paint advertised as drying to a clear gloss has dried on my wheels but is far from clear. I now have white specs all over my lovely newly painted wheels :Argue 1: I'm now going to have to rub them down and re-lacquer because it looks crap. I'm sick of companies advertising products that don't do as they say they do. It's blatent misleading and false advertising. Anything to get money out of folk and it seems to be getting worse this rip off culture. I swear they spend more money on advertising and hype than they do on their actual products. On the plus side they look great in the dark with light shined on them, they are reflective but far from looking clear in daylight.
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

VTRDark wrote: Tue Jun 05, 2018 5:19 pm Refelctive spray paint advertised as drying to a clear gloss has dried on my wheels but is far from clear. I now have white specs all over my lovely newly painted wheels :Argue 1: I'm now going to have to rub them down and re-lacquer because it looks crap. I'm sick of companies advertising products that don't do as they say they do. It's blatent misleading and false advertising. Anything to get money out of folk and it seems to be getting worse this rip off culture. I swear they spend more money on advertising and hype than they do on their actual products. On the plus side they look great in the dark with light shined on them, they are reflective but far from looking clear in daylight.
should have done a practise first on something small ya nanna...… :(
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
lanny

Post by lanny »

Ordered an Abba fitting kit for the VTR off flee bay on Monday, it arrived today and doesn't fecking fit :x
Now done what i should have first time round and ordered a new kit from Abba stands..............Simply cant be arsed returning the ebay one even though the seller is happy to take it back...............£8 just doesnt seem worth the effort
Ps - if anyone needs the swing arm nut part of the kit i now have it spare?................And its not £8, its free! :thumbup:
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Simply cant be arsed returning the ebay one even though the seller is happy to take it back...............£8 just doesnt seem worth the effort
And often these sellers know this. I'm guessing the advert for what they where selling wasn't all too clear. They also know that folk dont have the time to ask questions all the time beofre purchasing only to have to wait and then get a very limited reply back. I swear eBay is getting worse. I'm quite savvy but I have been caught out with stuff in recent times. It's really frustrating and it's always the cheaper or cheapish things. I'm also fed with eBay sellers (shops) that blanket list the same item for example it could be the same part that fits all years of a model bike and they will list the same item only changing the bike year in the title. Then there is all the Chinease stuff, anodised tat or whatever blanket listsed. It shouldnlt be allowed. Why can't they have the one listing for 50 items like some others do and say how many are left.

What you may be able to do is adapt it for use with mounting on the engine mount. Handy for when you want to remove the swingarm. Life was so much more simple when we could walk into a store and inspect an item before purchasing.
lanny

Post by lanny »

What you may be able to do is adapt it for use with mounting on the engine mount. Handy for when you want to remove the swingarm. Life was so much more simple when we could walk into a store and inspect an item before purchasing.
[/quote]

I like the idea that i could lathe down to fit the engine mounts, thanks for that.
Hopefully alls well that ends well. :thumbup:
StormyRob

Post by StormyRob »

Things just keep happening!

I have been moving house over the last week or so and am always doing something so rush around a bit. Anyway was coming down the stairs last night and my ankle gave way. The same f@@$ing ankle the bikr fell on 😂

Heard a fairly loud crack and it was extremely sore so another trip to A and E. That isnt what annoyed me. Into A and E very late on a Tuesday night. Waiting time? 6 hours!!!!!! Full of retrobates. Idiot students with clearly drunken escapades landing them in their and then a hell of a lot who just came across like the kind of people that do not and will never contribute to the NHS. (Disclaimer. I have nothing against genuine people who NEED to claim benefits.)

That is why the NHS is at breaking point. The nurse told me I would not be getting an x-ray anytime soon and it would be better to go home and come back to the minor injury folks at 1000am.

Did that and it is not broken. Torn ligaments and a lot of swelling but can still move. Thought OP Storm NI was a no go for a while!