What's annoyed you today??

General Biker Banter
alanfjones1411

Re: What's annoyed you today??

Post by alanfjones1411 »

Duffy1964 wrote: Mon Jul 30, 2018 7:21 pm
Wicky wrote:Careful of leaving your insurance running when you've sold the bike for the sake of a few quid - make sure that the other person has insurance or cancel your policy

https://www.whitedalton.co.uk/motorbike ... insurance/

https://www.yourlegalfriend.com/media/b ... insurance/
Especially if you sell it to Mac as he might stack it ImageImageImage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Think i will just ask them suspend it
SO WHEN DOES THIS OLD ENOUGH TO KNOW BETTER KICK IN
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Wicky wrote:Careful of leaving your insurance running when you've sold the bike for the sake of a few quid - make sure that the other person has insurance or cancel your policy

You cheeky feker Duffy... I can't even move it let alone ride it at the moment...

I have however drooled over it a bit...it's no biggie as it needs a good clean as Alan bloody rode it over to me in a feking downpour..!

Poor sod had to wring himself out when he got here, left a puddle on me floor... :lol: :lol:
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
alanfjones1411

Post by alanfjones1411 »

That puddle on the floor wasn't rainwater.I was marking my terrority. :D
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

alanfjones1411 wrote: Tue Jul 31, 2018 7:30 am That puddle on the floor wasn't rainwater.I was marking my terrority. :D
EEEEGGGHHHHUUUU 8O
StormyRob

Post by StormyRob »

Wasn't really sure if this annoyed me or cheered me up as it was finally over!
Got my wife a wee focus around December. 33k on it and looked in good order so thought it was a good buy.
3 month warranty and for the three months she was great. In Northern Ireland new drivers like my wife are restricted to 45mph. A couple of months she decided to ignore this and the car was going faster than she was supposed to. Causing a pretty loud and annoying banging. So she comes to me saying she can't drive it with that noise. Of the four wheels come off. Heatshield checked. Exhaust checked. Nothing loose! I gave up and brought the car to a mechanic. I could never quite tell where the noise came from.

He told me after a couple of days there was no noise. There definitely was. He just couldn't be bothered. Anyway car came back and I took it to another. Got a phone call saying there was no noise. Went down to him and took him out in the car. Hit 70mph and there it was "BANG BANG BANG." Again he could not find tbe issue and I just took the car back.

So roll on last week. Used a mechanic from near my hometown as they will usually put in more effort in my opinion. Car was taken 50 miles away. He called me Monday morning and said the noise was awful but he had no idea what it was! Had all the wheels off and then some.

I asked him if he was saying he couldn't sort it and he said he would find the cause. Said he would spend as long as it took. Anyway he called me last night and said "just spent nearly 6 hours at that car. You will never believe what it is." When my wife got her car she put some stupid b@#$ard rubber thing on her aerial! At speed the aerial bends and causes the banging!

So all this time and all ger moaning and it was her fault!!!!!!!!!!!!
If you don't try you never know if you can do it.
grumpyfrog

Post by grumpyfrog »

Lol. That made my laugh.
Just used it towards your brownie points for Op Storms...
Don't hassle me
I'll get there at some time
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

:clap: that was a good read.
Did you have to pay the labour charge at each garage?
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
Duffy1964

Post by Duffy1964 »

MacV2 wrote:

You cheeky feker Duffy... I can't even move it let alone ride it at the moment...

I have however drooled over it a bit...it's no biggie as it needs a good clean as Alan bloody rode it over to me in a feking downpour..!

Poor sod had to wring himself out when he got here, left a puddle on me floor... :lol: :lol:
ImageImageImage couldn’t resist it mate. It’s a gem of a bike and I’m sure it will look spanking after a good clean mate Image

Duffy1964
Yellow 1997 Storm R.I.P. Orange 2000 Streetfighter (Rufus), Red & Silver 1968 Triumph Trophy 650, Blue 2003 Storm Project, Red 2007 Montesa Cota Trials 250 & 1959 BSA D7 175cc Bantam Trials Project
StormyRob

Post by StormyRob »

tony.mon wrote: Tue Jul 31, 2018 7:52 pm :clap: that was a good read.
Did you have to pay the labour charge at each garage?

First one no. Second one was supposed to pay 20 quid and didn't. He did nothing

Last guy changed the front pads for me and solved thr issue. Cost 70 quid. Pretty happy with that
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Wicky wrote: Mon Jul 30, 2018 7:07 pm Careful of leaving your insurance running when you've sold the bike for the sake of a few quid - make sure that the other person has insurance or cancel your policy

Thanks for highlighting that Wicky :clap:

It's good for other to see who don't realise what could happen all to easily by not cancelling a sold vehicle insurance policy,

Chris.
alanfjones1411

Post by alanfjones1411 »

[quote=
[/quote]

You cheeky feker Duffy... I can't even move it let alone ride it at the moment.
[/quote]

I bet you've been out to the garage and fired it up though
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

alanfjones1411 wrote: Wed Aug 01, 2018 9:22 am [quote=
You cheeky feker Duffy... I can't even move it let alone ride it at the moment.
[/quote]

I bet you've been out to the garage and fired it up though
[/quote]

No TBH...

Although now you mention it... :lol:
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

fecking Merc Drivers!!!!!!!!!

Someone ran into the back of MrsMcQ when she was driving home from work ... usual scenario, she was stationary, entering a roundabout, went to pull away, then changed her mind and stopped, but car behind started to go as well, but didn't stop.... that is fairly normal, but this t*sser just backed up, went into the next lane and shot off up the road without stopping!!!!!

so now I have a slightly crumpled back bumper with an impression of the Mercedes badge embossed in the plastic!!!!!!! fecking annoyed that I didn't have the removable towball fitted, if that had been on, my car would have been fine and he would have had a big hole in his radiator

wan kers
AMcQ
StormyRob

Post by StormyRob »

AMCQ46 wrote: Wed Aug 01, 2018 11:13 am fecking Merc Drivers!!!!!!!!!

Someone ran into the back of MrsMcQ when she was driving home from work ... usual scenario, she was stationary, entering a roundabout, went to pull away, then changed her mind and stopped, but car behind started to go as well, but didn't stop.... that is fairly normal, but this t*sser just backed up, went into the next lane and shot off up the road without stopping!!!!!

so now I have a slightly crumpled back bumper with an impression of the Mercedes badge embossed in the plastic!!!!!!! fecking annoyed that I didn't have the removable towball fitted, if that had been on, my car would have been fine and he would have had a big hole in his radiator

wan kers
Tw@t. Did she get the reg? I am guessing no as you say they just shot off. It's hateful mate
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

no, she she didn't get the reg ... she was still trying to work out what the feck had happened as he shot off. we only knw it was a merc by the mark of the badge!
AMcQ