What's annoyed you today??

General Biker Banter
Ckennedy

What's annoyed you today??

Post by Ckennedy »

Now this thread might kick off, or it might disapear into a galaxy far far away like a lot of threads but I thought I would give it a go and see if it will go as long as the "what have you done to your bike today" thread.

This is meant as more of a ranting thread for things that have really bugged you during the day whether it be something small or something big. Lest face it, us British like to have a rant. So feel free to post about what has really got up your back and let it out and you never know, you might even feel better afterwards :thumbup:

Maybe I should have called this a "relief thread" :think: 8O :lol:

Anyway what got me thinking about a thread like this was seeing a mate of mine yesterday and going out for a nice blast which was around 100miles. He came for me to tighten his chain, something I had told him that needed doing about 3-4weeks ago as it was getting close the the limit. He turns up, has it been changed, has it buggery! I could not adjust it enough to get the slack out of it, the chain was not sitting on the rear sprocket properly as the teeth on the sprocket and chain had so much wear in it. I dread to think what the front sprocket was like 8O And not only that he had just done 600miles with his missus on the back to Cornwall and back 8O 8O I also had to grease it as it had started to go red from the heat with no grease on it. Then as I was putting my sockets away I caught a glimse of the back tyre (conti road attacks) which were not that old, squared off. Like the tyre was a cliff. I had a press on the tyre and blimey did it feel soft. So I got my pump out and check it. The tyre was hot as he had ridden to mine, with his missus on the back, about 15miles and there was an unbelieveable 18psi in the tyre 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O How the hell this hadn't come off I do not now. So I checked the front, this was a little better at 22 psi.

How could you ride a bike in this condition??????????

The he told me that when they were on holiday last week he, for some reason, decided to take the bike up a gravel hill and then back down again dropping the bike on it's right side and landing on his leg. I had to laugh and say he deserved it after seeing the condition of the bike, lucky not many scrapes.

What cheeses me off the most about all this is that a year a go that was my bike 8O It was spotless, well looked after, all safe a legal and now look at the state of it. Chain hanging off, tyres nearly shreaded due to no air, scrapes from taking it off roading. I had a go at him for it and what did I get. A laugh and "it'll be alright" 8O 8O Told him in front of his missus that there both lucky to be alive and the cops didn't pull him over for a routen check, they would have had a field day with him. He is one of these imautre idiots that think there indistructable and doesn't care about anything. It's all just a joke. I am only a 2years older but you wouldn't guess it on attitude. You would think I was 50 odd :lol: :lol:

That bike was my first big bike and so will always have a special place in my heart. I did love that SV650 and now its gone to the dogs. This is what it used to look like..... RIP......... I say RIP because I dare say it will not be long till it is. It's nearly there now :(

Virt

Re: What's annoyed you today??

Post by Virt »

This is a dangerous idea.. I'll be posting in this thread every 10-15 minutes :lol:

Sent from my GT-I9505
Slowly approaching the more bikes than birthdays achievement
Ckennedy

Post by Ckennedy »

Does that mean I have to say "what has annoyed you most today"?? :lol:
Virt

Post by Virt »

Dunno. Each individual thing is more infuriating than the last :lol:

Spent like an hour on the phone with a client today, conversation went something like (and I'm paraphrasing)

Client: "I've received the macro you created for Road Mapping for TOGAF on System Architect. Why doesn't it do x?"

Me: "Because you only specified for a report detailing y and z"

Client: "Yeah but you work in this field, you should know exactly what I want!" (they were getting angry by this point)

Me: "If that's your argument then why the hell would I be a low-paid software engineer? I've created projects for the DWP, MoD and NHS and many others... If I knew so much I'd go into one of them and start earning a decent wage. I only do what I'm told to do"

Client: "Ignorance is no excuse..."

Umm.. What? :lol: Needless to say, I just had my boss deal with the butt. Being deliberately difficult and I couldn't be bothered, I still had an entire program to tidy up and patch bugs for :thumbdown:
Ckennedy

Post by Ckennedy »

Can't you just make a computer program and send it to him to give him a virtual slap? :lol:
Tweety

Post by Tweety »

Virt wrote:Dunno. Each individual thing is more infuriating than the last :lol:

Spent like an hour on the phone with a client today, conversation went something like (and I'm paraphrasing)

Client: "I've received the macro you created for Road Mapping for TOGAF on System Architect. Why doesn't it do x?"

Me: "Because you only specified for a report detailing y and z"

Client: "Yeah but you work in this field, you should know exactly what I want!" (they were getting angry by this point)

Me: "If that's your argument then why the hell would I be a low-paid software engineer? I've created projects for the DWP, MoD and NHS and many others... If I knew so much I'd go into one of them and start earning a decent wage. I only do what I'm told to do"

Client: "Ignorance is no excuse..."

Umm.. What? :lol: Needless to say, I just had my boss deal with the butt. Being deliberately difficult and I couldn't be bothered, I still had an entire program to tidy up and patch bugs for :thumbdown:
Well, no ignorance isn't... Neither is stupidity... :wink: Wonder why my boss "filters" my calls... :angel:
Image <--- The result of OCMD... I gave up listing the mods in a sig line...
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

He is one of these imautre idiots that think there indistructable
I take it he hasn't had his first big off yet and broken bones then. :roll:
Well, no ignorance isn't... Neither is stupidity... :wink: Wonder why my boss "filters" my calls... :angel:
Yes I wonder. :lol: :lol:

Well today.. didn't really annoy me but was a little frustrating. I went over the Duffy's and fitted some MCCT's and removed my first PAIR system as it's a later Storm. Not knowing any better I removed the little dowel and O ring that sits in the centre of the head/Cam cover. Put the bike back together, he started it up and the thing smoked like a dry ice machine :roll: :think: Had a think about it and decided that the little dowel things must do something so decided to put them back in. This meant removing the Tank, airbox, carbs etc again. Argh...

Anyway got it all done and things seem to be a lot better now. But I still haven't quite worked out what the little dowel things do and how the PAIR operates. I even got some oil in mouth as when I was trying to work out what's going on and how it all worked, I put the dowel in the cam cover and put my mouth on it to suck and blow, only to get a mouthful of oil :lol: and discover that does indeed link to the PAIR reed as it's a one way valve.

Oh what fun and games. :biggrin

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
BigVeeGrin

Post by BigVeeGrin »

chav wombles wit youths in a Nissan Micra, all four of the fat wombles inbreds sharing half a brain cell and with faces like arseholes!

feel better now - all about respect on the road
Tweety

Post by Tweety »

Wait dovel and o ring? You are talking about the reed valve?

You're sposed to flip that around, to keep it closed, unless you use a block off plate, at which point you just leave it to make use of the o ring to seal it...
Image <--- The result of OCMD... I gave up listing the mods in a sig line...
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

'' I've created projects for the DWP, MoD and NHS and many others...''

DWP...So that's why my dole cheques late...

MoD...Gawd help us if there's a war...

NHS...So it's all your fault then...(see todays news...)

TBH I'm not surprised you seem to spend a lot of time on here during the day when your supposed top be bloody working.... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Right my rant5 for the day...

Walked round to the Post Office in the local co-op today, (after lunch & it wasn't Wed's, Carl & Marty*...) to post a throttle tube to Steve of Manchertshiresville...In a small jiffy bag, it weighed grams probably 3 to 4 at the most. £3 bloody quid to send it just coz it wouldn't fit through that bloody stupid plastic gauge thing they use !

* Martys revenge, I only took 2 quid with me so had to walk home get more dosh & walk back...Still it was nice out & it wasn't exactly heavy... :lol:
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
Virt

Post by Virt »

Because my job is bloody horrible? :lol: I love it but swear I want to murder all the clients sometimes. They don't know what they want, how do they expect me to? :lol:

Sent from my GT-I9505
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

Piles .
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

lloydie wrote:Piles .
Of what ?

Ohh you mean ''Farmers''
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

Yep farmers :-(
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Wait dovel and o ring? You are talking about the reed valve?
Yeh the read valve was flipped. I'm talking about right in the centre of the cylinder head. There is a circular tube type, for want of a better word, dowel with an O ring. that slots in the head and on the underside of the cam cover.

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside