What's annoyed you today??

General Biker Banter
MacV2

Re: What's annoyed you today??

Post by MacV2 »

Simple things...change the plugs you may have a rogue one or even the gap may have closed up...
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Worth checking what Mac suggests.

Plus check for trapped or split vacuum hose(s) and exhaust joint not sealing properly on the rear cylinder header joint.
I'm guessing you have connected up the vacuum hose on the fuel tap correctly :?: seeing as there was petrol in both float bowls.

I'm happy for you it is not down on compression as you feared may have been the case :thumbup:

Chris.
Commando77

Post by Commando77 »

Cheers, will do all that. While cam timing looks good the marks don't align perfectly so that was driving me nuts. Still, moving the gear wheels a tooth either way makes too big a difference. I can see from searches others have had similar issues. I even doubted the fuel, a couple of months old out of a container but it wouldn't run OK on one pot. Haven't put the carbs back yet but will swop plugs as suggested. No doubt it's something simple ....and stupid 🙄.
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

Sounds daft, but check plug gaps. ( Just seen that Mac beat me to that idea).
It's easy to knock one and the gap closes too much.
My second guess would be a vac line issue as already suggested, or the carb not seated on to its rubber properly.

When rebuilding an engine, I always push some rag or paper towel into the intakes.
If you did the same, might you have left some in?
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
Commando77

Post by Commando77 »

Yes will try other plugs although current iridiums have std gaps. All vacuum pipes fit tight but you're right about the carbs seating. I managed it OK when I did the mccts but I'm wondering with the odd intake noise and the fact it runs but won't idle smoothly without idle screw turned up. I did notice a lot of fuel in the rubbers on the rear when removed to investigate... Could be it. They did look seated OK. Front and rear downpipes are about the same temp whem run up to fan cut in. I'm becoming convinced it is a weak mixture. Tks gents and have a great Christmas... 🤶
Commando77

Post by Commando77 »

Carbs reseated and checked for blockages. Plugs swopped and pulled the intake cam gear off and played around with different posns. Checked all connectors. Still running rough but it it's like bad carb balance which I know it's not and the idle screws are as removed. Next stop is the front pot to check timing. I did all these engine out but its got to be checked again. I think the front is out of phase, well its the only way I can describe it as the cylinders are using same ccs of fuel and run at similar temps. Have time tomorrow so that's next step.
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

I'm fed up with getting no reply from job applications. I'm also fed up with stupid online applications and screwed up job sites. I've even had a couple of scammers where they come across as an agency and when you speak to them on the phone they ask questions about you and suck you into a false sense of security and then all of a sudden they want money for something like a health and safety or first aid course before you get the non existent job. The world is full scammers and rat bags and I lose my rag with the time-wasters. On the plus side I'm getting good at writing a cover letter to go with my CV now. Still no luck though.

I think there is some ageism going on and I have already had a job gone pear shaped at an interview as soon as they found out about my disability with my leg and that was only a supermarket job but they where concerned about me bending and stacking shelves WTF. It's not as if they where blatantly breaking a law and discriminating. They just didn't ask to see my proof of UK citizenship, proof of legality to work or anything, cut the interview short and said they will be in touch but never did. Scumbags.....I don't like supermarkets anyway with the sh1t they poison everyone with. Did you know that one of the additives that makes vanilla and strawberry flavour in lot of products is the excretions from a beaver anus. Basically the sh1t it squirts out and marks it's scent with.
==============================Enter the Darkside
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

Anus horriblis😊

Back in the day I used to look forward to getting the taste of a beaver...... :Banned:
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

Going from this

At 5pm last night, to this

At 9:30am today. I wanna go back! Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
KermitLeFrog

Post by KermitLeFrog »

You are in the wrong part of the country

"I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I squandered" (George Best, RIP)
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

I’d agree the M25 at 09:30 on a Tuesday isn’t the best reintroduction to Blighty, however the coastal route between Heathrow and Hertford is a couple of miles longer!! :thumbup:

Nice looking puppies by the way, fnar fnar!
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

'Kin trains... Oh & the 30 min walk to the station...

Oh & the fact that it said on the journey planner that it was 1 change when it was 2...

The 30 min walk back from the station...

Still on the bright side I gave the Custurd a good thrashing on the way home...

Except for the new 40 limit for the last 8 miles... :x
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
grumpyfrog

Post by grumpyfrog »

Been out in Oslo this week, returning now.
It's national Day so everyone out on it all weekend, started last night. Even at 8am I ended up walking into 2 posts with all the young ladies all dressed up heading out for the day.
Never mind, back to 13deg.
Don't hassle me
I'll get there at some time
Commando77

Post by Commando77 »

Having the annual battle with Carol nash. Premium up by nearly 25%, no claims, no recovery etc. Eventually reduced by 18% on last year. If they'd left it alone they'd have been better off, ffs. Idiots.
thised

Post by thised »

Fitting tube to front carb so I can easily balance the carbs. Used the tinniest amount of threadlock possible and it's now blocked the tube so I can't use the vacuum gauges. And I can't get it off now the carbs are back on the engine. Carbs off tomorrow and go again!!