What's annoyed you today??

General Biker Banter
StormyRob

Re: What's annoyed you today??

Post by StormyRob »

lanny wrote: Wed Jun 06, 2018 6:18 am What you may be able to do is adapt it for use with mounting on the engine mount. Handy for when you want to remove the swingarm. Life was so much more simple when we could walk into a store and inspect an item before purchasing.
I like the idea that i could lathe down to fit the engine mounts, thanks for that.
Hopefully alls well that ends well. :thumbup:
[/quote]

Yep 17mm socket is what I use. Have wrapped it in that rubber tape stuff which worked. Also little pieces of a jubilee clip held in place too.
If you don't try you never know if you can do it.
alanfjones1411

Post by alanfjones1411 »

Nasty injury Rob.Igot knocked off my bike 3 years ago and had the same injury.Nearly 3 months before it got better.Rest it is what the hospital told me to do.Good luck with it anyway.
SO WHEN DOES THIS OLD ENOUGH TO KNOW BETTER KICK IN
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

Rob, OUCH ...... torn Ligaments is not good, they don't repair themselves, so you have to do a fir bit of physio to ensure the muscles etc can compensate.
AMcQ
Commando77

Post by Commando77 »

Thats not good. Feeling the same frustration as a week ago one of my retinas detached....the better eye as well! A&E nice people but the doc was only used to minor injuries, sent me home last wed and advised to contact Windsor emergency eye clinic if I couldnt get in at Frimley. Well I did get a Thurs appt at Frimley and the amazing Egyptian Dr saw what Id done and got me into St Thomas's London Sunday. He even rang me at home to see if theyd been able to get me in as did the surgeon from London to confirm what hed be doing. Incredible service all round excepting A&E but I guess I was unlucky. I even told him I thought it was retinal damage but that was dismissed. Still, no riding for 4 weeks and I was just starting to get a feel for the Storm after 20 yrs on the Commando (now sold) :( . Good news is they found my right cat lense had clouded, the reason that was not 100%. I've learned a lot and will be back to the optician asking wahy they insisted on another prescription. The lense can be NHS lasered in a 30 sec one time,never needed again op so I'll have two good eyes, hopefully. The joys of age! Plaudits to the staff in London especially the Greek consultant who operated............incredible skills. Ill be thanking them again when its all over.
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

StormyRob wrote: Wed Jun 06, 2018 5:12 pm Things just keep happening!

I have been moving house over the last week or so and am always doing something so rush around a bit. Anyway was coming down the stairs last night and my ankle gave way. The same f@@$ing ankle the bikr fell on 😂

Heard a fairly loud crack and it was extremely sore so another trip to A and E. That isnt what annoyed me. Into A and E very late on a Tuesday night. Waiting time? 6 hours!!!!!! Full of retrobates. Idiot students with clearly drunken escapades landing them in their and then a hell of a lot who just came across like the kind of people that do not and will never contribute to the NHS. (Disclaimer. I have nothing against genuine people who NEED to claim benefits.)

That is why the NHS is at breaking point. The nurse told me I would not be getting an x-ray anytime soon and it would be better to go home and come back to the minor injury folks at 1000am.

Did that and it is not broken. Torn ligaments and a lot of swelling but can still move. Thought OP Storm NI was a no go for a while!

jesus wept you have some luck :eek2 :eek2 but as you say at least nothings snapped pointing the wrong way.
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
KermitLeFrog

Post by KermitLeFrog »

Compared to what you guys are going through it's a very minor irritation but, the Indian Duke has begun it's descent into bits. The rather shitty mirrors screw into the lever clamps with a left hand thread. This means the right hand mirror has wind pressure trying to unscrew it and guess what it did....

To be fair, it's almost certainly a PDI cockup. They would ship without the mirrors attached and some cack handed englishman has stripped the thread on the mirror stalk. The lock nut can't lock. Tapped a threaded hole through lever mount and mirror stalk and fixed with an M4 x 0.7 SS cap screw and dome nut (and loctite). Come loose now you bugger.

"I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I squandered" (George Best, RIP)
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Commando77 wrote: Thu Jun 07, 2018 12:03 pm Thats not good. Feeling the same frustration as a week ago one of my retinas detached....the better eye as well! A&E nice people but the doc was only used to minor injuries, sent me home last wed and advised to contact Windsor emergency eye clinic if I couldnt get in at Frimley. Well I did get a Thurs appt at Frimley and the amazing Egyptian Dr saw what Id done and got me into St Thomas's London Sunday. He even rang me at home to see if theyd been able to get me in as did the surgeon from London to confirm what hed be doing. Incredible service all round excepting A&E but I guess I was unlucky. I even told him I thought it was retinal damage but that was dismissed. Still, no riding for 4 weeks and I was just starting to get a feel for the Storm after 20 yrs on the Commando (now sold) :( . Good news is they found my right cat lense had clouded, the reason that was not 100%. I've learned a lot and will be back to the optician asking wahy they insisted on another prescription. The lense can be NHS lasered in a 30 sec one time,never needed again op so I'll have two good eyes, hopefully. The joys of age! Plaudits to the staff in London especially the Greek consultant who operated............incredible skills. Ill be thanking them again when its all over.
Flippin''eck man you've had enough to deal with, sight is so precious which most of us take for granted until something goes wrong.

I hope it all works out well for you.

StormyRob wrote: Wed Jun 06, 2018 5:12 pm Things just keep happening!

I have been moving house over the last week or so and am always doing something so rush around a bit. Anyway was coming down the stairs last night and my ankle gave way. The same f@@$ing ankle the bikr fell on 😂

Heard a fairly loud crack and it was extremely sore so another trip to A and E. That isnt what annoyed me. Into A and E very late on a Tuesday night. Waiting time? 6 hours!!!!!! Full of retrobates. Idiot students with clearly drunken escapades landing them in their and then a hell of a lot who just came across like the kind of people that do not and will never contribute to the NHS. (Disclaimer. I have nothing against genuine people who NEED to claim benefits.)

That is why the NHS is at breaking point. The nurse told me I would not be getting an x-ray anytime soon and it would be better to go home and come back to the minor injury folks at 1000am.

Did that and it is not broken. Torn ligaments and a lot of swelling but can still move. Thought OP Storm NI was a no go for a while!
Noooo not again to the same foot. I think you need to slow down a bit, although you most likely have had to now.

I wish you well in your recovery Rob,

Chris.
KermitLeFrog

Post by KermitLeFrog »

To be expected I suppose. KTM 390 Duke went in for its 600 mile service (at 550 miles). Have to do this at a KTM dealer for the warrantee. Two inlet valve clearances were tight. Don't know the details yet and the shop is now waiting for shims. 550 miles FFS. I suppose you gets what you pays for....

Interested to see if the warrantee pays for the re-shimming work.
"I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I squandered" (George Best, RIP)
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

KermitLeFrog wrote: Mon Jun 18, 2018 2:40 pm To be expected I suppose. KTM 390 Duke went in for its 600 mile service (at 550 miles). Have to do this at a KTM dealer for the warrantee. Two inlet valve clearances were tight. Don't know the details yet and the shop is now waiting for shims. 550 miles FFS. I suppose you gets what you pays for....

Interested to see if the warrantee pays for the re-shimming work.
I would be inclined to think they were tight when the bike left the factory, being tight in that small amount of mileage.
Fingers crossed the warranty comes up trumps for any damage caused,

Chris.
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

trying to get a straight answer from mot testing stations as to what a bike needs to pass in this dam country :o :o ......popcat put me wright on this one so saturday should be fun when i roll up with all the lights covered up on the blue girl... that will confuse them im sure :eek2
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

fabiostar wrote: Tue Jun 19, 2018 8:33 am trying to get a straight answer from mot testing stations as to what a bike needs to pass in this dam country :o :o ......popcat put me wright on this one so saturday should be fun when i roll up with all the lights covered up on the blue girl... that will confuse them im sure :eek2
Good luck for Saturday Rob, do lets us know how you get on,

Chris.
alanfjones1411

Post by alanfjones1411 »

I sold my bike to mac over the weekend and rang my insurance company to cancel and get a refund.There is only a couple of months left to run and i should get around £25:00 back,but no there is a £30:00 cancellation fee.I told them to let it run then.Thieves the lot of them.You can't win against them thieves.
SO WHEN DOES THIS OLD ENOUGH TO KNOW BETTER KICK IN
haynesjones66

Post by haynesjones66 »

had a similar problem with Bikesure. thought i would try them as they seemed reasonable. after a few days got a letter stating that they needed paperwork for this, paperwork for that etc so i phoned them up asking them to cancel the whole thing as ive never had this faff before. turns out i would get £18 back!!! so i let it run. i wont be using them again.
Wicky

Post by Wicky »

Careful of leaving your insurance running when you've sold the bike for the sake of a few quid - make sure that the other person has insurance or cancel your policy

https://www.whitedalton.co.uk/motorbike ... insurance/

https://www.yourlegalfriend.com/media/b ... insurance/
It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

ImageVTR Firestorm and other bikes t-shirts
Duffy1964

Post by Duffy1964 »

Wicky wrote:Careful of leaving your insurance running when you've sold the bike for the sake of a few quid - make sure that the other person has insurance or cancel your policy

https://www.whitedalton.co.uk/motorbike ... insurance/

https://www.yourlegalfriend.com/media/b ... insurance/
Especially if you sell it to Mac as he might stack it ImageImageImage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Duffy1964
Yellow 1997 Storm R.I.P. Orange 2000 Streetfighter (Rufus), Red & Silver 1968 Triumph Trophy 650, Blue 2003 Storm Project, Red 2007 Montesa Cota Trials 250 & 1959 BSA D7 175cc Bantam Trials Project