What's annoyed you today??

General Biker Banter
mags@port

Re: What's annoyed you today??

Post by mags@port »

Can't find my large sockets to remove the swingarm bolt, I know I have 27mm somewhere but fecken can't find it. A trip to halfords for me then later to day or clean out my garage.
Break it, mend it, mod it, thrash it. If it's made then it's bettered by beer and goggles. Me bikes had Kwak ZZR, Suzuki TL1000s, Yama R1, Aprilia RSV. Now have VTR, Honda CB750 hand built brat/trickster, Yama XS750 and wee old Vespa.
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

StormyRob wrote: Sat May 12, 2018 9:27 am
agentpineapple wrote: Fri May 11, 2018 10:29 pm royal mail losing one of my parcels containing a starter motor. and as I've just been made aware that it hasn't arrived ten days after it was sent. can I find my receipt, like hell can I, so that's £60 down the gary glitter ffs........ :Mad3: :Mad3: :Mad3:
I may go back to using myjermes, even tho they're a bunch rock gobblers. at least everything is done online and easily tracked.
I use myhermes a fair bit. Have sent 70 or so items through them the last year or so. They lost one item. That wee receipt you get when you drop it off...if you do not haveit they refuse to even look at it which I could not believe so make sure to keep it just incase. They paid out reasonably quickly though to be honest. Aye they are a bit crap but at the price its hard to complain
I've had plenty of grief with myhermes in the past, and I documented it on here :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

My Hermes had a ski ramp into the Falklands :lol:
==============================Enter the Darkside
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

contains rant......

baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaastard cars :eek2

drove twenty miles to the mot station to get the wifes fiat panda a new ticket. 6 years not one thing has went wrong with it, sitting outside and i get called in and it wont start :eek2 . pushed the wee wombles round the carpark and near killed myself trying, rolled it down the hill and bumped it,nothing, so mot failed...

but.....

called my dad who came up and towed me home which wasnt easy,dear love him being towed by an 81 year old was nervy. called into the guy i normally get the car serviced by and he walks out, looks at and puts his foot under the car and gives the petrol tank a good kick and it fires up :eek2 :eek2 . petrol pump gets sticky on them he says.....

so phones up and got a spot this morning so alls good..

except the little b8stard wont start this morning...aaaaaaaarrrrggggghhhhhhh baaaastard thing. so i kick the tank just like car fixing god did yesterday.... still wont start and iv lost a fair bit of skin off my god dam ankle lol..

at this stage i look like Basel fawlty in the street..

fecking cars....
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
Duffy1964

Post by Duffy1964 »

fabiostar wrote:contains rant......

drove twenty miles to the mot station to get the wifes fiat panda a new ticket. 6 years not one thing has went wrong with it, sitting outside and i get called in and it wont start :eek2 . pushed the wee wombles round the carpark and near killed myself trying, rolled it down the hill and bumped it,nothing, so mot failed...

but.....

called my dad who came up and towed me home which wasnt easy,dear love him being towed by an 81 year old was nervy. called into the guy i normally get the car serviced by and he walks out, looks at and puts his foot under the car and gives the petrol tank a good kick and it fires up :eek2 :eek2 . petrol pump gets sticky on them he says.....

except the little b8stard wont start this morning...aaaaaaaarrrrggggghhhhhhh baaaastard thing. so i kick the tank just like car fixing god did yesterday.... still wont start and iv lost a fair bit of skin off my god dam ankle lol..

fecking cars....
So you could say it’s PANDAmonium at your place ImageImageImage
Hope you get it sorted though Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Duffy1964
Yellow 1997 Storm R.I.P. Orange 2000 Streetfighter (Rufus), Red & Silver 1968 Triumph Trophy 650, Blue 2003 Storm Project, Red 2007 Montesa Cota Trials 250 & 1959 BSA D7 175cc Bantam Trials Project
StormyRob

Post by StormyRob »

Nightmare Fabio! Hope its a handy fix and the fella that kicked the tank wasn't just lucky
If you don't try you never know if you can do it.
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

maybe the mechanic had longer legs... :wink:
I hope it's an easy fix matey..... :thumbup:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

fabiostar wrote: Fri May 18, 2018 8:24 am contains rant......

but.....

fecking cars....
I know I shouldn't have found that funny............................but I did :lol: sorry Rob.

Fingers crossed it's not too big a job to fix,

Chris.
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

As long as it's not a panda car with Blue lights :biggrin
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

heeeey you guys lol :eek2 :clap: :clap: :clap:
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

VTRDark wrote: Fri May 18, 2018 10:21 pm As long as it's not a panda car with Blue lights :biggrin
:lol: :thumbup:

Very good Carl,

Chris.
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Or maybe the local vet can fix it Image
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

lmao.... the wife says i know strange people lol.....after 22 years shes only worked this out :eek2 :eek2
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Carl and Rob
:lol: :thumbup:

Chris.
jchesshyre

Post by jchesshyre »

I am officially a total idiot.

I've just spent an hour trying to get my seat off because the lock mechanism had jammed. Eventually managed to move the catch with a long screwdriver, after masses of swearing, shouting (which my neighbours will have heard), and bruising and scraping my hands and wrists.

Even after I had the seat off I couldn't see why the key mechanism was jammed.

My VTR key has a red dot on to identify it. Red bike, red dot. My CB key doesn't. Guess which key I've been trying to unlock it with. :redface