What's annoyed you today??

General Biker Banter
tony.mon

Re: What's annoyed you today??

Post by tony.mon »

tony.mon wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2017 11:25 pm A little annoyed at the minibus today.
It was all loaded to head for a festival in the morning and engine has blown, maybe turbo but oil everywhere.
Ah well, we'll just take several cars instead.

Still, have already found a few suitable replacement vans, still.like the ex motability ones as the wheelchair tracks are great for tying bikes down and you can add or remove seats as you wish.

More money....
381 pounds.
Could have been worse, I suppose
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
kenmoore

Post by kenmoore »

I went for a ride with my brother today and was in front on a dual carriage way in a 50 mph zone sitting on 60 and being overtaken by cars when I see the red and blue lights in my mirror.

The copper pulls my brother over and books him for speeding.

Can you believe it, cars are overtaking us and my brother gets the ticket.

To add insult to injury the copper says he used to own a bike like my brothers and that's why he stopped him.

What about the cars !

Don't know what it is like in the U.K but the cops are far too bike centric here, it appears that by virtue of the fact that you are on a bike you must have done something wrong and they will ping you for anything.

Arseholes! :Argue: :Argue: :Argue:
South Coast
New South Wales
Australia
Saintsman27

Post by Saintsman27 »

Happy and sad ,,, 1.happy that they arrested two men.... yay :D , 2. sad that they found over £500.000 .00 ..
yes half a million squid in B of E notes ... in a box in the house in Thatto Heath , St Helens also a stash of powders and drug shite valued at £1.2 million from the same venue..ok its evidence: :) .... this is my hometown and well I never believed it was so big here in St Helens... drugs the corruption of our society and our young people and not so young ..... looks like a massive result for the forces of law and order ..... it puts VTR / and RTA issues into perspective ... but only for a little while .. :cool2
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

agentpineapple wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2017 3:05 pm fecking new forum setup
I just spent 10 plus minutes writing about my recent 1000 mile ride, added some nice pictures and so on. went to post it, and the session had timed out and I had to log back in, which meant i'd lost everything i'd wrote........ :Argue 1: :Argue 1: :Argue 1: :Argue 1: :Argue 1: :Argue 1:
ever since that update a few months ago, I have to re login in every time I revisit the forum, very annoying
One little tip I use now on any forum is, just as you are about to hit "Submit" your lovingly written post, highlight it and copy it first. Then if it does disappear you won't have lost it. You can then log back in and paste it back,

Chris.
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Saintsman27 wrote: Sun Aug 20, 2017 1:51 pm Happy and sad ,,, 1.happy that they arrested two men.... yay :D , 2. sad that they found over £500.000 .00 ..
yes half a million squid in B of E notes ... in a box in the house in Thatto Heath , St Helens also a stash of powders and drug shite valued at £1.2 million from the same venue..ok its evidence: :) .... this is my hometown and well I never believed it was so big here in St Helens... drugs the corruption of our society and our young people and not so young ..... looks like a massive result for the forces of law and order ..... it puts VTR / and RTA issues into perspective ... but only for a little while .. :cool2
That's a massive bust. And who said crime doesn't pay....well, lets hope they confiscate any property and anything else that has come from the proceeds of their drug business. The thing is though I bet they do their time and come out and still have a few million stashed away in property in Spain or buried in a middle of a forest somewhere waiting for them. It's kind of worth doing a bit of bird and then coming out with enough stashed away so you can retire. Until there is a system in place where folk don't have to go to work for some company or whoever earning a pittance slaving away to barely survive comfortably there will always be crime.
==============================Enter the Darkside
Stephan

Post by Stephan »

Not the greatest way home today, but only scooter is broken. I am relatively okay, pain will come later :)

ImageImage
Last edited by Stephan on Thu Aug 24, 2017 10:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

You ok Stephan? What happened?
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
Stephan

Post by Stephan »

Me ok, nothing broken, i was in hospital. Just ribs took a hit I will know about few weeks.

Car hit me on crossroad when he missed to finish turn in his line and didnt see me on main street when I drove in second line, purely his fault. But he was really sad what happened, and very helpfull.

At the end, one of better crashes, no matter what costs will be and insurance company will pay, it is replicable.
grumpyfrog

Post by grumpyfrog »

Hope your ribs don't take too long to mend.
Good luck getting out of bed tomorrow. Day after is always the worse one...
Don't hassle me
I'll get there at some time
Stephan

Post by Stephan »

grumpyfrog wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2017 10:43 pm Hope your ribs don't take too long to mend.
Good luck getting out of bed tomorrow. Day after is always the worse one...
thanks, you are not first to say that.
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

Sorry to hear that mate, hope you're ok.
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
Stephan

Post by Stephan »

Thanks Kev
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Ouch...poor scooter will have sore ribs in the morning too :eek2 At least you are only bit bruised. That could have been nasty. I find that most car drivers are very apologetic and freaked out when they crash into someone on two wheels. I think it's the vulnerability thing and how easily someone can be very badly hurt or worse.
==============================Enter the Darkside
alanfjones1411

Post by alanfjones1411 »

Glad you are ok(ish). They just don't see us.
SO WHEN DOES THIS OLD ENOUGH TO KNOW BETTER KICK IN
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

ouch, glad you are ok ish.... hope the ribs are not agony this morning

in the 1st photo there is a biker in shorts and a hoody with knee armour strapped onto his bare legs ... not sure I would want to slide down the road like that 8O
AMcQ