What's annoyed you today??

General Biker Banter
Richy85

Re: What's annoyed you today??

Post by Richy85 »

Wicky wrote:
Richy85 wrote:Was putting the carbs back on my bike and the bloody thread snapped on the end of the choke fitting that screws into the carb!
Spent ages trying to dig the bits out from inside the hole :evil:

Not really the biggest issue on the planet right now but it's pissed me right off :Argue 1:
http://www.vtr1000.org/phpBB3/viewtopic ... ss#p220675

Ooooh thas tidy that is cheers mate :thumbup:
I've still gotta spend 30 quid or whatever to get all the internal gubbins again though as I mashed the originals :problem:
Plus a new cable as I had to cut the old one to get the carbs loose :?
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

You have a PM Richy...
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Port forwarding :evil:

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
Virt

Post by Virt »

cybercarl wrote:Port forwarding :evil:

:lol: what's the context?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
Slowly approaching the more bikes than birthdays achievement
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

Port's much better with stilton.
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Swann DVR network cameras connecting through a DrayTek Vigor 2830 series router. I don't understand the admin setup on the router, NAT/port forwarding section. It's way more complex than a netgear or one of the other popular router brands. Trying to open ports 85, 9000 and 18004 but even finding the IP address for the DVR connected to the network is proving difficult. :( Networking is not my speciality by any means and I'm on someone else's business network so treading carefully as I don't want to screw up their network or compromise their security. There seems to be a static IP on the WAN side but then goes dynamic on the LAN side. It's all a bit confusing really.

There's seems to be more help out there on the net for forwarding ports to poxy games than IP cameras/DVR's.

agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

have you had one of those journeys where you wished you hadn't bothered....... :?
today I needed to do a little bit of local running around, and as it was dry and sunny, I thought sod it i'll use the bike, I haven't ridden it for over a week. and i'd just fitted my asv brake lever.
I went to start it up but the battery just didn't have enough go in it, no biggie seat off jump start pack attached, it started straight away.
so I set off needing to put petrol in, there's a BP not more than 300metres away,
as I pull into the petrol station the front brakes seize on...... :eek2
I pushed the bike the last couple of yards to the pump, put some go go juice in, went and paid, I thought i'd push it out of the way, get my tools from under the seat and do some investigation.
put the key in the ignition and it jams half way in.... :eek2 :eek2 :eek2
now i'm fooked, I can't get the key in or out, luckily the steering lock wasn't on.
but now I can't get to my tools under the seat, and I can't walk back home to get my tools and spare key, because I don't want to leave the jammed key in the ignition. :cry:
but just next door is my local bike garage....pole position.
now all I had to do was push the bike 100 metres with the front brakes seized on, after 50 metres I was done for.... :lol:
in the end I ask a passer by to help, once in the garage court yard I went and got the mechanics, they got to work straight away, I went home and got the spare key.
30 mins later they managed to yank out the ignition key, which as it turned out the key was very distorted, the spare key worked fine, no damage to the ignition barrel.
to fix the brakes they had to grind off part of the new asv lever, as a part of it was constantly hitting the plunger part of the brake master cylinder, wasn't best pleased about that, but it can't be seen, so no biggie.
the next part wound me up a bit, I was charged £20 for 20 mins work, some will say that ain't bad, but in the past I've helped this garage out with firestorm parts and sent them lots of bikers wanting dyno runs. the owner even tried to give me a drink a few months back in recognition of work I'd put his way.
I didn't accept it thinking he'd do me a favour in the future. but when it came to paying the owner hid in his office, well within ear shot of what was happening.
I paid the £20 and didn't cause a seen, as it's better to have them on side in the future. maybe i'm to soft.
so off I set to my local post office only a couple of minutes away.
parcels sent, back on the bike, it fires up first time, I then had a quick 5 min ride to drop off another parcel, did that all's well, then to Halfords(another 5 mins away) for some black paint for carls fairing. once out of there I jump back on the bike, go to start it, and battery has died again....ARGH!!!!!!
I managed to bump start it on my own... :mrgreen: only for it to cut out 10 sec's later... :cry:
after 5 more attempts I get it started and get the hell back home before anything else goes tit's up.......... :crazy:
I now have to get another key cut and programmed, put my battery on an optimate and hope the adjustment made to the asv lever continues to do it's job properly.
all in all I wish I hadn't bothered..... :lol: :lol: :lol:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
YETI

Post by YETI »

People using forums to sell
stuff that they havnt got a
flippin clue what they are
talking about !!

YETI..
Watty

Post by Watty »

cybercarl wrote:Swann DVR network cameras connecting through a DrayTek Vigor 2830 series router. I don't understand the admin setup on the router, NAT/port forwarding section. It's way more complex than a netgear or one of the other popular router brands. Trying to open ports 85, 9000 and 18004 but even finding the IP address for the DVR connected to the network is proving difficult. :( Networking is not my speciality by any means and I'm on someone else's business network so treading carefully as I don't want to screw up their network or compromise their security. There seems to be a static IP on the WAN side but then goes dynamic on the LAN side. It's all a bit confusing really.

There's seems to be more help out there on the net for forwarding ports to poxy games than IP cameras/DVR's.

:wtf: is this Hebrew 8O
SH#T HAPPENS!!!!!!!!
Ckennedy

Post by Ckennedy »

The mother in laws carer.....

Bare with me on this........

Woke up this morning and everything was well. Went downstairs to check on the mother in law and found that the cat litter tray had been emptied (only done last night) and the cats bowl was wrapped up in a bag with cat food in it. Didn't really think much of it.

The wife got back this evening and asked her mum where the cat litter tray had gone and where was the cat.....

The answer being..........

The carer has borrowed the cat for the night! WTF! for?! You can't just "borrow" a cat! Espically this one. It's scared of everything and is very skittish at the best of times.

So the wife rings me to say what's happened and said she wasn't happy but she would ring the carer place in the morning! Again WTF! so I set about setting the wife straight and got her to ring the 24hr number and the bloke at the end of the phone was very good and got hold of the carer in question and told her to make sure the cat is back tonight to which the carers response was "I'll take it back tomorrow as it'll take me 2hrs to get there". Again and again WTF! Less than an hour later the cat is back in a rather shaken state but she is starting to calm down now. I'm still at work or I'd have ripped the carer to pieces when she came back. I shall however be ringing the care line number tomorrow and raising hell. The best bit about this is... Me and the cat arnt even best friends haha. But I dont work on a customers truck and then ask him if I can borrow it for a night.

Heads shall roll tomorrow believe me! Bloody carer, professional, my butt.

Sorry.
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Err what's the carer doing with the Cat. Check that Cat over for signs of Lloydie lube. :lol: Maybe the carer had a mouse issue or something. That is one bizzare story Chris.

Marty that is sh1t mate. I'm surprised the ASV lever wasn't a proper fit. 8O

Ckennedy

Post by Ckennedy »

Wrong cat for catching mice. The only thing this cat has caught is stupidness. A leaf scares this cat, its just not normal. Cat has been brought back safe and sound after a few phone calls. Oh I'd have liked to have been here when she brought it back.
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

Ckennedy wrote:Wrong cat for catching mice. The only thing this cat has caught is stupidness. A leaf scares this cat, its just not normal. Cat has been brought back safe and sound after a few phone calls. Oh I'd have liked to have been here when she brought it back.
but chris, didn't the mother in law ok it?
if so the carer is only partly to blame, as she shouldn't have asked, even tho her intensions were genuine, cat's don't travel well, I know my cats never...... :lol:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
thomas111

Post by thomas111 »

Sold 1 of my petrol generators 2.2kva guy came Wednesday Nite showed him it working he has a mobile valating business he tried running his hoover in the van it was fine so he bought it then get a text this morning mate can I bring this back and get my money back its not wanting to power my stuff I said no sold as seen and working as u tested it u were happy to buy it after u tried ur hoover so now he has readvertised it on Gumtree
Jamoi

Post by Jamoi »

Rear brake shoes are grinding on my French passion wagon, so I'm forced to get smoking joe rideable tonight so I can commute to work with a bag full of tools :(

Black bike is sorn'd and tucked away.

Bugger.
Jamie :wave: