what have you done to your "bike" today

General Biker Banter
fabiostar

Re: what have you done to your "bike" today

Post by fabiostar »

not really my bike(anymore) but fitted a lightweight flywheel to old yellow for the new owner, had a wee scoot on it and its still going like a train.. :D .

note to self, dont sell a bike you like as much as i liked that bike. :eek2
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
norry rc8

Post by norry rc8 »

:Bike: :Bike:
fabiostar wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 9:08 pm not really my bike(anymore) but fitted a lightweight flywheel to old yellow for the new owner, had a wee scoot on it and its still going like a train.. :D .

yes that's been my policy for years.

only thing 9 bikes take some RIDING

:Bike:
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

norry rc8 wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 6:12 pm :Bike: :Bike:
fabiostar wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 9:08 pm not really my bike(anymore) but fitted a lightweight flywheel to old yellow for the new owner, had a wee scoot on it and its still going like a train.. :D .

yes that's been my policy for years.

only thing 9 bikes take some RIDING

:Bike:

lol :clap: :clap: well done sir
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
8541Hawk

Post by 8541Hawk »

I checked a few tracking numbers as another box is on its way :shh: :thumbup:
Loud pipes don't save lives, knowing how to ride your bike will save your life.
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

MacV2 wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 1:26 pm Nish..but these came in the post today...

:thumbup:
8) :thumbup:

They must be getting a bit harder to come by now,

Chris.
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

sirch345 wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 11:01 pm

Chris.
Custom made apparently Chris...
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

MacV2 wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:36 am
sirch345 wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 11:01 pm

Chris.
Custom made apparently Chris...
I did wonder :thumbup:

Chris.
jackson7715

Post by jackson7715 »

Well. All I've done today is check she ain't blown away! :lol:

And put on some strap over the cover that's on her outside. :beer:
Chris58

Post by Chris58 »

Finally finishing up my build for the second time. Just in time for spring here.
It now has carrillo rods, balanced crank, light flywheel , ductile sleeves with 99mm 11.5/1 pistons, all new flat faced valves 1mm os on intakes, ported heads, stage 2 cams with buckets and springs, Ignitech ignition, filter in lid airbox, meth injection etc... I just cant leave anything alone :P

Today I just got the rads on, coolant in, oil in etc. and fired it up to break in the cams...what a beautiful sound. Its like birthing a child...except with less responsabilities :beer:
Attachments
20190313_194029.jpg
20190306_125042.jpg
freeridenick

Post by freeridenick »

Chris58 wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 5:58 am Finally finishing up my build for the second time. Just in time for spring here.
It now has carrillo rods, balanced crank, light flywheel , ductile sleeves with 99mm 11.5/1 pistons, all new flat faced valves 1mm os on intakes, ported heads, stage 2 cams with buckets and springs, Ignitech ignition, filter in lid airbox, meth injection etc... I just cant leave anything alone :P

Today I just got the rads on, coolant in, oil in etc. and fired it up to break in the cams...what a beautiful sound. Its like birthing a child...except with less responsabilities :beer:
:clap: :clap: I'l looking forward to hearing how this goes. Are you going to get it setup on a Dyno? I'd recommend it. Also keep an eye on the temp. It could run hotter than is good for it and more cooling would be necessary.
Chris58

Post by Chris58 »

freeridenick wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 12:42 pm
Chris58 wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 5:58 am Finally finishing up my build for the second time. Just in time for spring here.

:clap: :clap: I'l looking forward to hearing how this goes. Are you going to get it setup on a Dyno? I'd recommend it. Also keep an eye on the temp. It could run hotter than is good for it and more cooling would be necessary.
I will get it on the dyno.There is a local shop here that has one, they said its $80CAD/run...not too bad. I probably need to do some carb tuning and ignition mapping etc before I bring it in..Ill keep ya up to date with that. Im guessing once tuned, it will make around 135hp and it may lose a bit down low from the cams.

What do you guys think it'll put out? Has anyone here went this far with their engine?

It will atcually probably run cooler than before as I have 2 small meth injection nozzles going into each stack with a progressive control controlled by tps. Will also be able to run cheap pump gas this way.
mik_str

Post by mik_str »

99 VTR1000F Firestorm, a.k.a. The Carbon Express
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

Good work that man, should be a great ride
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

That should make for a very interesting ride 8)
Nice work Chris :clap:

Chris.
felix barrao

Post by felix barrao »

Installed a "gear indicator"
Attachments
gear.jpg