what have you done to your "bike" today

General Biker Banter
Pete.L
Forum Health And Safety Officer

Re: what have you done to your "bike" today

Post by Pete.L »

agentpineapple wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2017 9:18 pm
Pete.L wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2017 7:35 pm
agentpineapple wrote:took a visit to see carlos, showed him my 4 x 20p trick.....
I kind of don't want to ask but another part of me feels compelled to 8O
shooting 20p's out of my butt crack....... :Eyebrows: :Eyebrows: :Eyebrows: :Eyebrows:
:eek2 You See, Now that's what I was afraid of :eek2
First I get lured into a very sensible answer from Carl and I think everything is alright and then I get whammied and need some brain bleach :lol:

Have a safe journey Bud :thumbup:
My new ride is a bit of a Howler and I love to make her Squeal
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

VTRDark wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2017 11:21 pm
agentpineapple wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2017 9:32 pm been non-stop today. as i'm setting off at 4.45am for Folkestone.
tomorrow consists of 680 miles or riding, I've never attempted that much in a day. planning on keeping my speed around 70mph, and i'm praying it won't be windy.
panniers are full up. phone charged, route planned, sneaky 5ltr jerry can of unleaded in my top box, what could possibly go wrong :lol:

Have a safe journey tomorrow mate and ride safe. Oh and don't tell customs about the petrol b.........mb :lol:
You could always show them the 20p trick, as a change is as good as arrest.
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
alanfjones1411

Post by alanfjones1411 »

Safe journey Marty
SO WHEN DOES THIS OLD ENOUGH TO KNOW BETTER KICK IN
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

then I get whammied
Not the first time you've been whammied by Marty either :eek2

Got my cam covers off and giving them a coat of paint. Waiting for it to go off a bit and then I can apply some Lacquer. I've also painstakingly polished up the bolts for them too. Those little details make all the difference. I lacquered the bolts so they don't go an awful colour again. I'm hoping to get the front end back on the bike tomorrow. Actually thinking about it there's no reason why I can't get the rear end on too.
==============================Enter the Darkside
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

I done the cam covers in the same stuff I done the frame, fork and swingarm in accept these have had a coat of high temp lacquer.

With flash...

Without flash....

==============================Enter the Darkside
KermitLeFrog

Post by KermitLeFrog »

Bought a new helmet. Sounds simple dosen't it?

Took the KTM into town via the "pretty" route. Halfway there the adjuster on the top of the LH front fork came off and slathered me in fork oil. How? Why? I have no idea. Get the forks off tomorrow and into the shop for a complete rebuild.

Helmet? Wanted a non flipup. Schubert: horrid, AVG, Bell, Shoei: all horrid. Arai (Axces-3 in solid black): lovely. Snug in all the right places. Just got it out of the bag and only just seen it's got a very subtle metalflake finish.

Deshevelled's bike arrives tomorrow for the lounge treatment. A full service, MCCTs and a refurbed starter motor (thanks Marty). It will be ready for Wales.

Anyone want a Sena intercom system? It's fitted to my Caberg Duke and, apart from testing it when I first got it, I've never used it. Bluetooth, phone, music, intercom blah blah blah. I have always preferred to listen to those two lumps of aluminium pumping away.
"I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I squandered" (George Best, RIP)
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Have a safe journey Marty, I hope the first leg of it has gone well,

Chris.
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

yeah i got mine finished. replaced the back axle with the proper one. and as i had a new set of EBC clutch plates and heavy duty springs that were going into the blue bikes old engine i fired them into the new donkey.. replaced my carbon clutch cover that went awol. thats it done and buttoned up... :D .

yeeeah go me..
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

sirch345 wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2017 9:16 pm Have a safe journey Marty, I hope the first leg of it has gone well,

Chris.
A day of highs n lows, only managed 3hrs sleep for the second night running, not good when leaving at 4ish o'clock in the morning, nice smooth but chilly ride down to the channel tunnel, then it goes tits up, whilst in a check in queue the bike in front of me gets tapped from behind by a car driver that didn't like the biker cutting in front of him, only happened at 1mph, but it was enough to knock the bike and rider over, me a 3 other bikers jumped off our bikes to help, next thing I know, I turn around and my bikes fallen over FFS, combination of it being heavily loaded with luggage and a possibility the sidestand wasn't down properly, the first bike had zero damage, because the rider cushioned the blow, my bike on the other hand received loads of damage, snapped LHS mirror mount, snapped clutch lever, damaged LHS front indicator, destroyed LHS fairing, badly scuffed LHS pannier. Sods law for trying to be a good Samaritan. Luckily I learnt my lesson from the Devon trip and I packed some gaffa tape, even tapped the clutch lever back together. I still made the 🚆, but feck me riding in central Europe without a LHS mirror is a major pita. I got to my overnight stop at 8.30pm, covering 720 miles. The last 30 miles were painful, but mentally I knew I was almost there, which makes matters worse, sore neck, shoulders and right wrist, and very tired, but also pleased that I set a target and achieved it, even after the incident. Staying with a biker family that run a small BnB, he's from Cornwall and his wife's french, I've been treated like family, they even made me dinner, in exchange I bought them hobnobs and branston pickle lol. Less than 400 miles tomorrow, up and over the Pyrenees, I'm going to take it slow and stop and take some pics, but only of the rhs of my bike hahaha.

So what's the most mileage you've covered in a day on a firestorm?
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
alanfjones1411

Post by alanfjones1411 »

I rode mine to moto go in Assen two years ago. Never checked mileage though. A lot of the miles were on the ferry,so they don't count.
SO WHEN DOES THIS OLD ENOUGH TO KNOW BETTER KICK IN
Solarboy

Post by Solarboy »

Really sport to heat about you bike agent P. Why is it when we try and do the right thing that cra# happens. Well done for meeting you mileage target that sounds awesome.
If we don't learn from our mistakes we are destin to repeat them
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

thats some miles Marty in one day :clap: :clap: :clap: . major crap luck about the bike mind you :(
podman

Post by podman »

You wont forget this trip back mate...real pisser about the bike, id have been livid with the car driver that started the chain of events.

Im sure the rest of the trip will be incident free and far
more enjoyable.

Most ive done in a day was 670 miles but that was back in 2010, I wouldnt want to do it again in a hurry, the aging bod wouldnt take so kindly to it nowadays..
StormyRob

Post by StormyRob »

Terrible news Marty. Feel for you having that trip ahead
If you don't try you never know if you can do it.
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

today i went to work on mine and nothing dropped of or broke :eek2