what have you done to your "bike" today

General Biker Banter
kenmoore

Re: what have you done to your "bike" today

Post by kenmoore »

Hey Pineapple,

Here in Oz most trucks have a wide load sticker on their trailers.

I could post you one if you like !

Don't put too much in the top box/ panniers or you will be pulling wheelies everywhere :wave: :wave:

At least your front tyre won't wear out quickly !
South Coast
New South Wales
Australia
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Yesterday... got someone else to move them so Frank could get some bits out for someone... :cry:
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

MacV2 wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2017 8:15 am
fabiostar wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2017 7:53 am you need to slim that bad boy down a bit....you could start by ditching those crappy front brakes :lol: :lol: :lol:
Still look on the bright side the more luggage he puts on it, the more it covers up the ghastly hue of yella...

Looking forward to the post when he says 'had a spill. well more of a ripped the painners off, filltering...'
I already scuffed one pannier against a bus when traffic was at a standstill... :lol:
just learning the width as I go. as for wheelies, I recently changed the gearing, went for a more aggressive 1 down 2 up, when I left carls the other day, I pulled a wheelie ffs and that was with the panniers on but nothing in them, god only knows what it will be like fully loaded.
this gearing isn't for everyone, but by god it makes it fun, ask me again after a thousand miles, and i'll probably hate it at motorway speeds doh!!!
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

kenmoore wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2017 8:58 am Hey Pineapple,

Here in Oz most trucks have a wide load sticker on their trailers.

I could post you one if you like !

Don't put too much in the top box/ panniers or you will be pulling wheelies everywhere :wave: :wave:

At least your front tyre won't wear out quickly !
I used to have a wide load sticker on my top box :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
thanks for the offer mate, I've not ridden it fully loaded at motorway speeds yet. i'm praying for no windy days, as that would be a nightmare. dam thing already wheelies with nothing in the panniers ffs!!!
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Have you considered how the gearing may effect your fuel consumption. :think: At least if you lay across the tank the weight will keep the bike down...then again it may end up doing an endo :lol: :lol:
==============================Enter the Darkside
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

VTRDark wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2017 12:34 pm Have you considered how the gearing may effect your fuel consumption. :think: At least if you lay across the tank the weight will keep the bike down...then again it may end up doing an endo :lol: :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
the gearing is going to cost me on fuel, riding to the uk, I could sit at about 5k in 6th gear and it was nice and lazy about 80mph.
but now it won't be lazy, i'll be revving higher so fuel consumption will take a hit... :(
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
bigtwinthing

Post by bigtwinthing »

well, adjusted the Handlebars, seat, rear shock and the forks. Fitted the camera and wired it it, then tested it 462 miles by riding to Padstow in Cornwall and back. great trip and far better on the comfort dept. France in 2 weeks for another trip.
missing the noise, not the vibes. However never say never!
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

took a visit to see carlos, showed him my 4 x 20p trick..... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I think he was impressed.... :wink:
btw his bike overhaul is coming along nicely, keep up the good work mate.... :thumbup:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
Pete.L
Forum Health And Safety Officer

Post by Pete.L »

agentpineapple wrote:took a visit to see carlos, showed him my 4 x 20p trick.....
I kind of don't want to ask but another part of me feels compelled to 8O
My new ride is a bit of a Howler and I love to make her Squeal
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Starter motor brush springs Pete :wink: Gave my top yoke a quick coat of paint ready for some Carbon and that's about all I done today. Waiting on deliveries :(
podman

Post by podman »

bigtwinthing wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2017 8:07 pm well, adjusted the Handlebars, seat, rear shock and the forks. Fitted the camera and wired it it, then tested it 462 miles by riding to Padstow in Cornwall and back. great trip and far better on the comfort dept. France in 2 weeks for another trip.

Your living the dream this Summer mate...have a great time in France, pics when you get back..
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

Pete.L wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2017 7:35 pm
agentpineapple wrote:took a visit to see carlos, showed him my 4 x 20p trick.....
I kind of don't want to ask but another part of me feels compelled to 8O
shooting 20p's out of my butt crack....... :Eyebrows: :Eyebrows: :Eyebrows: :Eyebrows:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

been non-stop today. as i'm setting off at 4.45am for Folkestone.
tomorrow consists of 680 miles or riding, I've never attempted that much in a day. planning on keeping my speed around 70mph, and i'm praying it won't be windy.
panniers are full up. phone charged, route planned, sneaky 5ltr jerry can of unleaded in my top box, what could possibly go wrong :lol:
and this evening I tried to help out a member who has intermitant running issue, he said it sounds like the bike drops a cylinder. i'm thinking one of his coils maybe on its way out. both ht leads are firmly in place. its had new plugs and an oil change. I've advised him to carry a long screw driver, so next time it happens try to listen to find out if the front or rear is playing up. then swap the coils around, and if the cylinders that's playing up changes, you've found the culprit.
anyone else got any ideas, I asked him if it happens in the rain, and he said it didn't seem to matter rain or shine, it still plays up from time to time. fuel could be another issue, the bike was standing for a few months, but every week or so it was started up, so I can't see it being fuel.
any other suggestions?
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

nothing.... for the first time in a week i done zip.nada zero ,nothing and i feel good :mrgreen:
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

agentpineapple wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2017 9:32 pm been non-stop today. as i'm setting off at 4.45am for Folkestone.
tomorrow consists of 680 miles or riding, I've never attempted that much in a day. planning on keeping my speed around 70mph, and i'm praying it won't be windy.
panniers are full up. phone charged, route planned, sneaky 5ltr jerry can of unleaded in my top box, what could possibly go wrong :lol:
and this evening I tried to help out a member who has intermitant running issue, he said it sounds like the bike drops a cylinder. i'm thinking one of his coils maybe on its way out. both ht leads are firmly in place. its had new plugs and an oil change. I've advised him to carry a long screw driver, so next time it happens try to listen to find out if the front or rear is playing up. then swap the coils around, and if the cylinders that's playing up changes, you've found the culprit.
anyone else got any ideas, I asked him if it happens in the rain, and he said it didn't seem to matter rain or shine, it still plays up from time to time. fuel could be another issue, the bike was standing for a few months, but every week or so it was started up, so I can't see it being fuel.
any other suggestions?
If it's missing on one cylinder it should be pretty obvious. Swap plugs and check to see if it swaps to the other cylinder. While out check their colour for any clues. If there is no change then a coil swap or it could even be one of the leads but a coil swap will tell if it's a coil/lead at fault. Engine earth / RR and charging system is another one to check. Are both battery terminals secure. Loose connections can give a misfire type symptoms.

Have a safe journey tomorrow mate and ride safe. Oh and don't tell customs about the petrol b.........mb :lol: