what have you done to your "bike" today

General Biker Banter
agentpineapple

Re: what have you done to your "bike" today

Post by agentpineapple »

fabiostar wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2017 11:28 am yeah im gona go standard wheels atm. it was really the swingarm i was worried about more than anything. wheels i can get but that swinger mite be a tad hard to replace lol..

im counting it as a lucky one and i can make a lovly clock outa the rear one :thumbup: :thumbup:
sorry to hear about the wheel mate, iirc spondon, by that I mean ex workers of sondon who started a different firm http://www.giaengineering.co.uk/ , will make you another swingarm, but it will cost a fortune.... :(
check to see if a blade 3 spoke will fit 929/954, the rears a rather cheap and 6inch,
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
StormyRob

Post by StormyRob »

The other option Image Image

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

If you don't try you never know if you can do it.
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

Least you was having wheelie good fun !!
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

i was having a fecking ball at the time..

well in the man cave tonight.. swinger is ok... main wheel seems ok but il conform with an xray. but the spinder carrier in the swingarm is trashed and the sproket carrier is in bits. the bearing in it ? well iv only a little bit of the inner race that can be found. so either the carrier exploded and took the bearing out or the bearing failed and took the carrier out.....
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

well seen as my doctor has said i'm not allowed to drive for a few days, and it wasn't raining, I thought i'd finish off a few jobs on my bike, first was to fit a freshly painted and refurbed starter motor (all my own work lol). even tho the starter that was on the bike, may have only been on for two years, the new one makes a big difference, so much more eager to start.... :thumbup:
then I fitted a £5 special horn. this must be the 4 horn I've fitted in the last two years ffs, 2 x oem and 2 x non std. what can I say, my bikes horny.... :wink:
and lastly I noticed my renthal grips were wearing out, I've had them on for 4yrs and 15k, so I think they lasted well considering they cost about £8 for the pair.
so there's very little left to do, but ride it back to spain in the very near future.... :thumbup:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

the only thing i done with mine was, (rant about to start) is just about get to the end of my rope with this fecking thing...thankyou mr spondon im sure it was a great idea twenty years ago to attach the swingarm to the ears on the frame using pressed in bushes....you didnt think how some sucker would ever remove the swingarm did you? :Argue 1: :Argue 1: :Argue 1: :Argue 1: no you didnt you knob..

aaah thats better... pass me the angle grinder would ya..

one more day and im going to plan B.....old yellows getting the mori engine and the other lovely whore will make a wall hanging :)
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

fabiostar wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2017 11:40 am the only thing i done with mine was, (rant about to start) is just about get to the end of my rope with this fecking thing...thankyou mr spondon im sure it was a great idea twenty years ago to attach the swingarm to the ears on the frame using pressed in bushes....you didnt think how some sucker would ever remove the swingarm did you? :Argue 1: :Argue 1: :Argue 1: :Argue 1: no you didnt you knob..

aaah thats better... pass me the angle grinder would ya..

one more day and im going to plan B.....old yellows getting the mori engine and the other lovely whore will make a wall hanging :)
Should have kept the other frame Rob...

Helpful of Grain...
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

lol... the ropes ended with this fecking thing mac :D .. i cant even put a standard wheel init as the axle is massise and thers no bearing that will fit both and its wider than a storm.....if i have to il sacrifice the swingarm to save the frame and put that other braced one in that i know takes a storm or blade wheel... it may be pretty looking but its feck all good to me the way it is :whatever :whatever
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

fabiostar wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2017 12:23 am today i had a lucky escape. if you could call it that :( .. out on the blue one and kinda swifty moving through 4 gear when the bike decided it was time to rip the sprocket and carrier clean outa my nice shiney dymag :confused :confused the wheels kinda fuked... the good news is i didnt end up in a hedge..bit of damage to the axle carrier on the spondon swinger but that can be replaced i hope.....

so for now im gona fit the other swinger and run a standard storm wheel... over the winter il sort a rear6" wheel that can fit the swinger...

lesson of hard knocks is. 20 year old mag wheels can be a danger so im not gona replace with another dymag.

everything was tight,bearings were good,pretty new actually and only 6 months ago both wheels had been xrayed for cracks..... i think my skins worth more than a sticker saying dymag... :thumbup:
8O sorry to hear this Rob, glad it wasn't any worse. You should think about doing a lottery ticket :wink:

Chris.
popkat

Post by popkat »

fabiostar wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2017 1:00 pm lol... the ropes ended with this fecking thing mac :D .. i cant even put a standard wheel init as the axle is massise and thers no bearing that will fit both and its wider than a storm.....if i have to il sacrifice the swingarm to save the frame and put that other braced one in that i know takes a storm or blade wheel... it may be pretty looking but its feck all good to me the way it is :whatever :whatever

Don't bugger the swingarm, it's worth as much as some storms.. find a way to get it out, bit of thought, don't rush and a way will come to you. it's easy to make another spacer so you could put something in to draw the spacer out. Heat gun on the frame will help too when you've worked out the best method.

From the save spondon arms society :biggrin

http://www.bidefordmotorcycles.co.uk
2014 CRMC Post classic Superbike champion.
2014 CRMC Post classic senior production champion. On a Suzuki Katana 1100
My bikes, Firestorm, Suzuki GSX-s1000 Katana, VFR800Fi. Projects, 1986 popup Katana, 3 XJ600’s
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

god iv tried pops. i really have . iv tried heat. iv wacked it iv soaked it in sh1t i even got a 3 ton jack at it and its not moving. i cant get in behind it as it goes through the ears and the swingarm and butts up to the crankcases... and i dont want to wreck a frame of damage the crankcases on the engine......the alloy and steel have fell in love with each other... such a cluster but its useless to me as a bike sitting the way it is :Argue 1: :Argue 1: :Argue 1:
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

fabiostar wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2017 7:22 pm god iv tried pops. i really have . iv tried heat. iv wacked it iv soaked it in sh1t i even got a 3 ton jack at it and its not moving. i cant get in behind it as it goes through the ears and the swingarm and butts up to the crankcases... and i dont want to wreck a frame of damage the crankcases on the engine......the alloy and steel have fell in love with each other... such a cluster but its useless to me as a bike sitting the way it is :Argue 1: :Argue 1: :Argue 1:
As said before...engine out ...you know it makes sense... then take it to an engineers to do the dirty work...& as a bonus you can sue them if they fek it up... :lol:
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
Wicky

Post by Wicky »

fabiostar wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2017 7:22 pm god iv tried pops. i really have . iv tried heat. iv wacked it iv soaked it in sh1t i even got a 3 ton jack at it and its not moving. i cant get in behind it as it goes through the ears and the swingarm and butts up to the crankcases... and i dont want to wreck a frame of damage the crankcases on the engine......the alloy and steel have fell in love with each other... such a cluster but its useless to me as a bike sitting the way it is :Argue 1: :Argue 1: :Argue 1:
Carefully cut a slot in the bushing - then try what you've tried before.
It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

ImageVTR Firestorm and other bikes t-shirts
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

today I believe I've seen the smallest indicators ever :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
was good spending time wit the other half of laurel and hardy, it's coming together nicely carlos.... :thumbup:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

Wicky wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2017 7:37 pm
Carefully cut a slot in the bushing - then try what you've tried before.
what ever its made out of a nuclear bomb wouldnt cut into it plus its way to long to get at to cut.. 8O .

@mac.. no fecking way am i going through all that again. ever lol.....

no im afrid the arm has to die to save the rest of it...sad but its useless as it is..