what have you done to your "bike" today

General Biker Banter
Mav617

Re: what have you done to your "bike" today

Post by Mav617 »

fabiostar wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 10:51 am started dori,the LC and the mighty scooter to let them warm up and took the MT to the garage to fill the tank. mostly sideways as the roads are slimy then covered them up and built a new workbench, oh the drama of it all :D

got drunk and went on ebay :eek2 checked this morning and iv bought two chains :whatever for the LC lol, thankfully the LC and the storm both use the same 530x102 link chains,?
No Dry January for you then Fabio lad I assume!
I'm so unlucky that if there is such a thing as re-incarnation I'll come back as me!
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

its gona be a strange winter for me Mav, im normally upto my neck in spanners but not this year :eek2 ... other than stuff that really needs done,tyres,chains,oil etc im not lifting my hand to any of them :clap:
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

well actually fitted a set of R&G heated grips today to the MT :thumbup: toasty warm.
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

Bought one of those bike mover side stand dolly things, you know the ones that are a U channel for the wheels, with a side little extension that the side stand goes on, and it's got castors at every corner..

Pushed the VTR onto it and then moved it sideways so it's tucked right up close to the garage wall. That freed off just under 3ft of space that then allowed the KTM to be moved across as wel, and now I can walk all round the bike ramp to work on the little Ducati.

Very impressed with it :D Especially as I got it for half the price of new, and it's hardly ever been used
AMcQ
Mav617

Post by Mav617 »

fabiostar wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 3:18 pm well actually fitted a set of R&G heated grips today to the MT :thumbup: toasty warm.
Have the Oxford ones on the XSR, and the lil Duke, can recommend them allied to Oxford handlebar muffs in this weather Fab :thumbup:
I'm so unlucky that if there is such a thing as re-incarnation I'll come back as me!
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

AMCQ46 wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 10:03 pm Bought one of those bike mover side stand dolly things, you know the ones that are a U channel for the wheels, with a side little extension that the side stand goes on, and it's got castors at every corner..

Pushed the VTR onto it and then moved it sideways so it's tucked right up close to the garage wall. That freed off just under 3ft of space that then allowed the KTM to be moved across as wel, and now I can walk all round the bike ramp to work on the little Ducati.

Very impressed with it :D Especially as I got it for half the price of new, and it's hardly ever been used
Haven't you got that Duke fixed yet?
That's beginning to rival Flattie for the award ...
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

im not touching them i said :eek2

ffs that last two days..... so
i learnt yamaha in a moment of madness restricted the MT09!!! why???

so a conversation with a man had my airbox heavily modded and a few bits removed and a nice flashed ECU :eek2 :clap: :clap: :clap:

christ a what a difference that made. no more restriction,no more flat spots or jerkyness and in a childish way some great flames out the back.

now my work is done :thumbup:
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

mapping ECUs !!! get you with your new fangled gadgets ............. thats a long way from the months spend taking the carbs on and off Dori
AMcQ
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

Tuning by laptop is the way to go. Saves on swarfega.
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
Duffy1964

Post by Duffy1964 »

I mapped my storm when I put a sat nav on it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Duffy1964
Yellow 1997 Storm R.I.P. Orange 2000 Streetfighter (Rufus), Red & Silver 1968 Triumph Trophy 650, Blue 2003 Storm Project, Red 2007 Montesa Cota Trials 250 & 1959 BSA D7 175cc Bantam Trials Project
freeridenick

Post by freeridenick »

Cleaned and stripped the gravel bike. All components through the parts washer. New inner and outer gear cables and retaped the bars. Back on the road and in less than a day, including a couple of trips to the bike shop for parts and a chinwag. I love working on push bikes.
Mav617

Post by Mav617 »

fabiostar wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 10:40 am im not touching them i said :eek2

so a conversation with a man had my airbox heavily modded and a few bits removed and a nice flashed ECU :eek2 :clap: :clap: :clap:

christ a what a difference that made. no more restriction,no more flat spots or jerkyness and in a childish way some great flames out the back.

Nice work Fabio, is the MT09 a beat then (now)? Fancy the XSR900 but my XSR700 is all I think I need right now, lovely bike.
Mav617

Post by Mav617 »

Mav617 wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:45 pm

Nice work Fabio, is the MT09 a beast then (now)? Fancy the XSR900 but my XSR700 is all I think I need right now, lovely bike. The MotoVelocity RD900LC, now that I could go for....
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

Mav617 wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:45 pm

Nice work Fabio, is the MT09 a beat then (now)? Fancy the XSR900 but my XSR700 is all I think I need right now, lovely bike.

im loving it. the engine is a peach of thing, butter smooth and she fair loves the revs.. you read about them having a poor rear shock. its true the rear shocks are dreadful :eek2 but thats an easy fix and its worth it for that triple motor :lol: :lol:
Nosepicker

Post by Nosepicker »

Hi guys
Belated Merry Christmas and Happy New Year :wave:
Like so many others the mrs. and I have been stricken by covid-19, so the last month and a half has pretty much sucked.
Well, the worst is behind us and we´re slowly trying to return to the normal daily routines.
I even managed to get some VTR related stuff done today - finally.
Got some primer on the fairing stay and belly pan - need nap now :roll:
Take care of yourself and eachother and let´s hope for a contageous free 2021 :thumbup:

Bad choices make good stories :D