what have you done to your "bike" today

General Biker Banter
agentpineapple

Re: what have you done to your "bike" today

Post by agentpineapple »

StormyRob wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2017 9:21 pm I don't think the stock discs are bad at all. I think its more the standard system isn't worth writing home about. In saying that there are people that swear by the full stock system :D
not a lot wrong with the stock set up, as long as it's kept in good working order. and seen as these bikes are knocking on a bit, braided lines. but i'm bigger than the average bear :wink:
so I need better brakes :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

StormyRob wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2017 8:46 pm
Kev L wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2017 8:18 pm Fitted a radial front master cylinder. Not tested it yet mind!
What type Kev? Mine is a 08-11 blade. Hard to know what difference it made as I switched to the six pots at the same time but my system is definitely much improved
Sorry Rob I missed this, it's a 2008 Yamaha R6 (Brembo) unit. All went together well just needed to make up a bracket to hold the cup. I bled it out again today and it feels really nice. I ran out of time to test ride the bike but I'll let you know how it feels when I do. The bleed Nipple built into the master helps chase out the bubbles well!
Assuming all is well I will have a Honda CBR954 Fireblade master cylinder with pristine ASV lever, Ti pivot bolt and Ti fluid cup lid screws for sale.
:thumbup:
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
StormyRob

Post by StormyRob »

Asv levers are hard to beat. Sounds like a nice master setup that! An easy sale

:beer:
If you don't try you never know if you can do it.
mik_str

Post by mik_str »

Kev L wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2017 7:31 pm
StormyRob wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2017 8:46 pm
Kev L wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2017 8:18 pm Fitted a radial front master cylinder. Not tested it yet mind!
What type Kev? Mine is a 08-11 blade. Hard to know what difference it made as I switched to the six pots at the same time but my system is definitely much improved
Sorry Rob I missed this, it's a 2008 Yamaha R6 (Brembo) unit. All went together well just needed to make up a bracket to hold the cup. I bled it out again today and it feels really nice. I ran out of time to test ride the bike but I'll let you know how it feels when I do. The bleed Nipple built into the master helps chase out the bubbles well!
Assuming all is well I will have a Honda CBR954 Fireblade master cylinder with pristine ASV lever, Ti pivot bolt and Ti fluid cup lid screws for sale.
:thumbup:
The R6 Brembo is a 16x18 and would be ideal for the stock VTR calipers (same piston size as the R6's Advics/Sumitomos, ie. 27/30mm)
99 VTR1000F Firestorm, a.k.a. The Carbon Express
podman

Post by podman »

Reapired some cracks in the fairing of the RD using SupaFix APX4, great product, easy to work with and appears to make a strong bond....good enough to bond the(food) kitchen scissors together, which was a double pisser as the Mrs came home just as I was cleaning them down with carb cleaner... :redface

[url]Image
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

podman wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2017 4:20 pm Reapired some cracks in the fairing of the RD using SupaFix APX4, great product, easy to work with and appears to make a strong bond....good enough to bond the(food) kitchen scissors together, which was a double pisser as the Mrs came home just as I was cleaning them down with carb cleaner... :redface

[url]Image
:lol: :thumbup:

Chris.
StormyRob

Post by StormyRob »

Last week the second bike came. Happy enough for 300 quid. Have head to go on and will be running bike once again.

Then yesterday I found one in the south of ireland so went to get it. Cost 390 quid for the whole bike. Again needing engine sorted. I have a whole engine here for it.

Came with plenty of spares including a good nick set of high level scorpions (literally just need cleaned. No dents whatsoever) and some low level links too. Also a few k and n filters and the twin headlight powerbronze setup as well as rear hugger and some other bits. In essence when I sell the extras I will have made money on the purchase so chuffed about that.

All three now in the shed. Cant say there is much room to work 🤣

Oh and about 20 mins ago I managed to nab an excellent condition full front fairing including headlight...and an excellent condition aftermarket bellypan. All for 120. Cant complain at that and it will go on one of the bikes.

A good day overall. ImageImageImageImage

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

If you don't try you never know if you can do it.
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

lol jesus H you are collecting them now :D :D
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
freeridenick

Post by freeridenick »

Planned on whipping the alternator cover off and checking my flywheel is std massive before I have a wee chat with Fabio. Didn't get anywhere near the bike.

Incidentally does everyone replace the paper gasket each time they take the cover off or do you use gasket sealant?
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

freeridenick wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2017 12:45 pm Planned on whipping the alternator cover off and checking my flywheel is std massive before I have a wee chat with Fabio. Didn't get anywhere near the bike.

Incidentally does everyone replace the paper gasket each time they take the cover off or do you use gasket sealant?
iv yet to replace the gasket. just pull it of easy and a bit of sealant ,bish bash bosh job done :thumbup:
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

watched some German bloke slide his old Boxer twin under some Armco in Sardinia 8O :|

fortunately he wasn't part of our group but we had just caught up with them and were following them through a series of bends, also fortunately, even though he went under the Armco, he walked away!!!

bike was wombles, took 4 of us to get it out from being wedged under the Armco, front forks twisted and bent.... if he had still been on his bike when it hit the Armco he would have lost a leg .... not nice to think about!

The BMW 1000RR that I used last year hasn't been out since I used it. I put new tyres on it half way through the week last year and 2 days into this year they are past the wear markers and a new set goin on tonight.... so I am killing a set of racetec K3s in 6 days riding!!!, !
AMcQ
grumpyfrog

Post by grumpyfrog »

Your just a thug, a thug I say.
And it's not even your bike....

And no your not aloud one in the uk.. Your misses told me so.
Don't hassle me
I'll get there at some time
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Somebody needs a bigger mancave 8O
==============================Enter the Darkside
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

AMCQ46 wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2017 5:41 pm watched some German bloke slide his old Boxer twin under some Armco in Sardinia 8O :|

fortunately he wasn't part of our group but we had just caught up with them and were following them through a series of bends, also fortunately, even though he went under the Armco, he walked away!!!

bike was fooked, took 4 of us to get it out from being wedged under the Armco, front forks twisted and bent.... if he had still been on his bike when it hit the Armco he would have lost a leg .... not nice to think about!

The BMW 1000RR that I used last year hasn't been out since I used it. I put new tyres on it half way through the week last year and 2 days into this year they are past the wear markers and a new set goin on tonight.... so I am killing a set of racetec K3s in 6 days riding!!!, !
blimey that's some serious tyre wear Al, maybe you should consider losing some weight hahahaha
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Went for a spin on Custard. Had to go for any eye test...Thats another bloody 200 quid spent on new gog's...

Still apart from the rain ion the way there it was fun to get out.

Had to do an emergency repair on the seat plastice yesterday. PO had bodged one of the clips that holds the rear light in. Basicaly they had used a thin strip of ally & a self tapper.

The hole that the S/T was in had given way & the light was flopping about.

So I spent some time flattening out the area, shaping a plate which was epoxyed in place. The std clip fits on, the light bolts on as it should c/w it's rubber mount...

Faffed about screwing it back in place only for the other side to snap... :roll:

Quick fix with some zip ties for now as quite frankly I couldn't be arsed...

On the look out for a repalcement seat plastics...As its Custard not fussed on colour or the lower lugs but the conections for the light must be sound...Don't need the lights as I have 5 anyway... :lol:

Was looking at this one...Then looked at the pic's... 8O

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HONDA-VTR1000 ... 0033.m2042

To be fair he is selling it as spares or repairs... :lol:
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...