what have you done to your "bike" today

General Biker Banter
Pete.L
Forum Health And Safety Officer

Re: what have you done to your "bike" today

Post by Pete.L »

AMCQ46 wrote: oh and the new clutch and springs has stopped the clutch slip, but it still grabs like a basted at 4000 revs,
ImageImageImage and there I was thinking all those wheelies were on purposeImageImageImage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My new ride is a bit of a Howler and I love to make her Squeal
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

cleaned and checked the big girl over ahead of next week :clap: and didnt change anything :eek2 :eek2 :eek2

thats a first for me.
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
vanstub

Post by vanstub »

stuck on a rear brake disc that was kindly donated by Tony Mon along with a couple of ti disc bolts Nice :clap:
Life's too short for plain biscuits :thumbup:
mik_str

Post by mik_str »

I removed the carb slides and added a second (smaller) lift hole (had been running the single hole/HRC set-up and felt the bike could use a faster lift speed to quicken throttle response). I added a 1.36mm lift hole (which adds 30% more total area). Took the bike for a short ride and it works exactly as I had hoped, response is noticeably snappier now with no downsides. Me happy :)
99 VTR1000F Firestorm, a.k.a. The Carbon Express
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

vanstub wrote: Sun Jul 15, 2018 7:02 pm stuck on a rear brake disc that was kindly donated by Tony Mon along with a couple of ti disc bolts Nice :clap:
No worries, thanks for couriering my slap to the head for Mac for falling off again.
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

tony.mon wrote: Sun Jul 15, 2018 7:59 pm
vanstub wrote: Sun Jul 15, 2018 7:02 pm stuck on a rear brake disc that was kindly donated by Tony Mon along with a couple of ti disc bolts Nice :clap:
No worries, thanks for couriering my slap to the head for Mac for falling off again.

I can confirm that it was delivered with love & feeling...well feeling anyway... :lol: :lol:
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Early morning for Frank, with the help of Storming neighbour Andy...Got to the deepest depths of the MacCave to get a shock linkage off the bench.

Needed as a matter of urgency by a certain Mr P Opkat of Devonshire for a servicing job...

Off round the PO in a bit for a bit of 1st class snail mail... :thumbup:
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
popkat

Post by popkat »

MacV2 wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 7:45 am Early morning for Frank, with the help of Storming neighbour Andy...Got to the deepest depths of the MacCave to get a shock linkage off the bench.

Needed as a matter of urgency by a certain Mr P Opkat of Devonshire for a servicing job...

Off round the PO in a bit for a bit of 1st class snail mail... :thumbup:

The best workshop in North Devon appreciates the early rise :biggrin :beer: Out with the grinder tomorrow to cut the seized link off the poor old matt black thing :twisted:

http://www.bidefordmotorcycles.co.uk
2014 CRMC Post classic Superbike champion.
2014 CRMC Post classic senior production champion. On a Suzuki Katana 1100
My bikes, Firestorm, Suzuki GSX-s1000 Katana, VFR800Fi. Projects, 1986 popup Katana, 3 XJ600’s
popkat

Post by popkat »

Went out on the Storm tonight after riding the MT10 a lot lately, oh dear it felt really slow, the MT pulls harder in the wrong gear than the storm does in the right gear :lol: I need to perk it up a bit, I'll need to build up the "new" set of carbs I've got and fit the dynojet and k&n filter. not looking forward to messing about on and off with the carbs setting them up and I know there's not much gain to be had but it might help a little.. Other than the power the rear shock seems to have had enough, was pogoing in quite a few places, not sure if the WP can be rebuilt, the damping adjuster doesn't work but it was ok. if not then I'll have to start saving for a new shock, the rest is ok, brakes take a while to adjust to after the MT but work with a firm squeeze.

http://www.bidefordmotorcycles.co.uk
2014 CRMC Post classic Superbike champion.
2014 CRMC Post classic senior production champion. On a Suzuki Katana 1100
My bikes, Firestorm, Suzuki GSX-s1000 Katana, VFR800Fi. Projects, 1986 popup Katana, 3 XJ600’s
KermitLeFrog

Post by KermitLeFrog »

That's the trouble with new vs 20yo. The Tuono is very much the same. I'm not using the Storm at all at the moment. It's sitting there as a spare. Seems a shame but I can't bring myself to put it up for sale. When I do ride it it's a great bike, but the other one is better.

Sent from my LLD-L31 using Tapatalk

"I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I squandered" (George Best, RIP)
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

storms are a bit like ex girlfriends.... you dont go near them for years/months but they are still a great ride when you do :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: .

went out this morning to find my blue one dead as a dodo :eek2 :eek2 .

yeah that would be me leaving it turned on all night ffs :Richard:

battery all charged and good to go again.

i keep saying blue one, like i still have the yellow one :eek2 ...ggggrrrrrrr
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

fabiostar wrote: Thu Jul 19, 2018 1:09 pm storms are a bit like ex girlfriends.... you dont go near them for years/months but they are still a great ride when you do :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: .

went out this morning to find my blue one dead as a dodo :eek2 :eek2 .

yeah that would be me leaving it turned on all night ffs :Richard:

battery all charged and good to go again.

i keep saying blue one, like i still have the yellow one :eek2 ...ggggrrrrrrr
You could get some yellow bodywork for it, it'd be the same as getting your wife to wear a blond wig....
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
freeridenick

Post by freeridenick »

Back on the Dyno again to sort the fueling and weighed it.

Another couple of horses, 80.98 on the torque, a very nice a/f trace and 176kg (48:52%, front:rear).
StormyRob

Post by StormyRob »

A few weeks ago a mate asked me if I would sell his Yamaha XJ6N. 2013 model with less than 8k. Very slight damage from falling over and he had lost the red master key. Anyway I said no as he was just being incredibly lazy.
The day before Op Storm NI I asked him if he had sold it and he said he could not be bothered. He just wanted a quick sale as he had bought a MT09 Tracer. I asked him what he would take minimum and he said 2k. Told him to bring it up Tuesday evening and leave it with me. He was to get 2k and I would get whatever I could.
He brought it up as planned. I took her out that night for some photos and listed her for sale. The next night I had a deposit to secure her and he came with the rest tbis evening so she is gone. Went for 2.5k as the red key was an issue I didn't really know about. So 500 quid to sell some random bike. Took about an hour max of my time. A good day. He is happy with the 2k and he didn't have to bother himself in the slightest.

Business idea?! 😂
If you don't try you never know if you can do it.
Duffy1964

Post by Duffy1964 »

That the way to do it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Duffy1964
Yellow 1997 Storm R.I.P. Orange 2000 Streetfighter (Rufus), Red & Silver 1968 Triumph Trophy 650, Blue 2003 Storm Project, Red 2007 Montesa Cota Trials 250 & 1959 BSA D7 175cc Bantam Trials Project