what have you done to your "bike" today

General Biker Banter
Mav617

Re: what have you done to your "bike" today

Post by Mav617 »

After some brain dead mechanic had tightened the battery terminal screws so tight they snapped when trying to disconnect it, replaced the BM's battery with a Motobatt MB12U and attached the optimizer leads to the spare terminals. Replaced the front pads, fitted a top box, fender extender and stuff bay cover and all good to go now in full on commute mode (company car going back at end of month and using the F65o to get to the station and back every work day from now on)
I'm so unlucky that if there is such a thing as re-incarnation I'll come back as me!
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Mav617 wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 8:44 am After some brain dead mechanic had tightened the battery terminal screws so tight they snapped when trying to disconnect it, replaced the BM's battery with a Motobatt MB12U and attached the optimizer leads to the spare terminals. Replaced the front pads, fitted a top box, fender extender and stuff bay cover and all good to go now in full on commute mode (company car going back at end of month and using the F65o to get to the station and back every work day from now on)
Handy having the extra battery connections for the optimizer :thumbup:
I hadn't thought about that before :)

Chris.
mik_str

Post by mik_str »

Picked up my bike from the dealership today (after having had the transmission countershaft replaced)... not cheap but as the original one (which has a bearing pressed on) had over 260,000 km on it (and the tech showed me the original bearing had a chip out of the outer race), it was due.

Anyhow, after all the work I have done on my bike over the years, I am very protective of it. This means I am essentially the only person to have ridden it (two friends have tried it). So, knowing that my tech used to race (Superbike in France for a few years (a Duc 1198) and club races in Canada since he moved here), I asked him to take it for a short street ride to get his feedback. I was extremely pleased to see him wearing a wide grin when he told me what he thought of the bike. He commented how responsive it was and how hard it pulled. He loved the quick shifter, the flickability and the braking. In short, he loved it! He was extremely impressed and I was extremely proud :)

Now, if the weather gods cooperate, I can get a few more rides on my baby before it gets put into hibernation.
99 VTR1000F Firestorm, a.k.a. The Carbon Express
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

mik_str wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 3:03 am Picked up my bike from the dealership today (after having had the transmission countershaft replaced)... not cheap but as the original one (which has a bearing pressed on) had over 260,000 km on it (and the tech showed me the original bearing had a chip out of the outer race), it was due.

Anyhow, after all the work I have done on my bike over the years, I am very protective of it. This means I am essentially the only person to have ridden it (two friends have tried it). So, knowing that my tech used to race (Superbike in France for a few years (a Duc 1198) and club races in Canada since he moved here), I asked him to take it for a short street ride to get his feedback. I was extremely pleased to see him wearing a wide grin when he told me what he thought of the bike. He commented how responsive it was and how hard it pulled. He loved the quick shifter, the flickability and the braking. In short, he loved it! He was extremely impressed and I was extremely proud :)

Now, if the weather gods cooperate, I can get a few more rides on my baby before it gets put into hibernation.
Give yourself a pat on the back Micky (well may not be such a good idea if you get what I mean, have you ever tried doing that :wink: ) you certainly deserve the high praise after all the time and dedication you have put into your bike the Carbon Express, very happy to hear it was well received :clap: :clap:

Chris.
kenmoore

Post by kenmoore »

Greetings from Oz,

Today I went for a great ride and reached a momentous milestone in the life with my VTR.

Clocked 70,000 Klms on her.

Stopped and took a pic.

It was a great day with temps in the high 20 s C and just glorious.

Set off at 8 in the morning and got back at 4 in the arvo ( Afternoon ).

Stopped and took a pic about 50 Ks from home when this happened.

Rode my two favourite mountains both ways and the thought occurred to me that this occasion took place in the bikes favourite habitat, corners that facilitate rolling on of the throttle at about 6000 Rpm and up in third or fourth gear and surfing the torque that the motor produces.

Just fantastic !
South Coast
New South Wales
Australia
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

kenmoore wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 11:22 am Greetings from Oz,

Today I went for a great ride and reached a momentous milestone in the life with my VTR.

Clocked 70,000 Klms on her.

Stopped and took a pic.

It was a great day with temps in the high 20 s C and just glorious.

Set off at 8 in the morning and got back at 4 in the arvo ( Afternoon ).

Stopped and took a pic about 50 Ks from home when this happened.

Rode my two favourite mountains both ways and the thought occurred to me that this occasion took place in the bikes favourite habitat, corners that facilitate rolling on of the throttle at about 6000 Rpm and up in third or fourth gear and surfing the torque that the motor produces.

Just fantastic !
Nice one Ken, it sounds like you had a good day out 8)

Good that you stopped to get the photo :thumbup:

Chris.
freeridenick

Post by freeridenick »

Pulled it out of the shed after giving it the cold shoulder for a bit. Stripped off the battle damage, listed the jobs and parts I need to fix it and gave it a clean.
Shauned71

Post by Shauned71 »

Been playing with this thing for near 3 weeks thanks to back trouble. Came to me as a non runner, no exhausts or carbs fitted, knackered fork seals and needing a service as being holed up for a few years. Been chipping away slowly as back has allowed but today... Grease chain, torque a few nuts and bolts up, fit in fill panels either sides of clocks, bleed rear brake.. Test ride tomorrow.. Woo hoo 😁
MacV2

Re: what have you done to your "bikes" today

Post by MacV2 »

Nue Red got started & run up to temp...

Red 633 was due the same but batt pancaked, so fited a optimate take off & put it on charge.

Custurd got a bucket of warm soapy water thrown at it & the chain checked & lubed...
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
Duffy1964

what have you done to your "bike" today

Post by Duffy1964 »

Fighter got a run up then had a good clean.
Put back into the cave with a blanket to keep it warm over winter. Gonna sorn it at end of month.
Started stripping down my 1968 Triumph Trophy as it’s getting a new paint job over the winter

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Last edited by Duffy1964 on Sun Oct 27, 2019 6:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Duffy1964
Yellow 1997 Storm R.I.P. Orange 2000 Streetfighter (Rufus), Red & Silver 1968 Triumph Trophy 650, Blue 2003 Storm Project, Red 2007 Montesa Cota Trials 250 & 1959 BSA D7 175cc Bantam Trials Project
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

took a trot to the garage to neck it up with super unleaded... then had to go back again after i used most of it :clap: :clap: :clap:
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

Got the black cb600 out the front with a for sale sign on it. Won't get much for it, as the London ULEZ charge is 12.50 a day, so as a commuter it's not going to appeal.
It's got a year's MOT, good tyres and new brake pads all round, on the other hand, 75,000 miles!

It'll do someone a turn.

Figured out I (just about) have room for the three bikes I'll have left in the garage. Just.
No room to get in there to do anything, but hopefully, I won't need to on the new one.

Suppose I'll have to get the 2 ready for sale in the spring, or I'll end up like Pete with one in the back of the garage but never ride it.... :wave:
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
kenmoore

Post by kenmoore »

Not today but yesterday I went for a ride with my brother who has got a new bike , 2010 VFR 1200 with Low mileage and standard apart from GPS and heated grips.

We covered just over 400 Klms and had fun .

The weather was glorious and we rode over the mountains right next to my home and went 100 miles inland to a town called Crookwell.

The wind farms around here are intense.

We stopped at a lookout and viewed the setup.

Then onto a place called Taralga for lunch at a pub and a bit of a chat with the locals.

Then onto Bundanoon in the highlands and back down the mountains to home.

All in all a great day out and 400ks of fun on the VTR.
South Coast
New South Wales
Australia
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

kenmoore wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 10:34 am Not today but yesterday I went for a ride with my brother who has got a new bike , 2010 VFR 1200 with Low mileage and standard apart from GPS and heated grips.

We covered just over 400 Klms and had fun .

The weather was glorious and we rode over the mountains right next to my home and went 100 miles inland to a town called Crookwell.

The wind farms around here are intense.

We stopped at a lookout and viewed the setup.

Then onto a place called Taralga for lunch at a pub and a bit of a chat with the locals.

Then onto Bundanoon in the highlands and back down the mountains to home.

All in all a great day out and 400ks of fun on the VTR.
Glad you had a brilliant day out :thumbup:

I doubt it was as hot as where you are, but we had a lovely blue sky here yesterday too with the sun doing it's best yesterday :D

Chris.
Pete.L
Forum Health And Safety Officer

Post by Pete.L »

tony.mon wrote:
Suppose I'll have to get the 2 ready for sale in the spring, or I'll end up like Pete with one in the back of the garage but never ride it.... :wave:
ImageImageImage
But it’s so good when I do Image
Less than five hundred miles on it this summer Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My new ride is a bit of a Howler and I love to make her Squeal