what have you done to your "bike" today

General Biker Banter
Dickiebig

Re: what have you done to your "bike" today

Post by Dickiebig »

popkat wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 9:38 pm
freeridenick wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 7:19 pm First of two test days at Cadwell. Shame someone wasn't feeling very friendly.

How did the test weekend go Nick ?

Looks like he got shunted off, hopefully no serious damaged to man or machine, but certainly going to upset the flow

sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Richard wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 10:10 pm
sirch345 wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 8:51 pm
Richard wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 6:24 pm Today I have mostly been playing with my new foot rests. 40mm drop. Yet to try them out but so far feel ok. Let's hope my knees agree. 😃
Fingers crossed the new lowered footrests help,

Chris.
Thanks Chris, I do hope so. I have been struggling a bit. Flat bars have certainly help with my hands. Never had issues with my wrist but had very painful hands
I know where you're coming from :wink:
Getting older is nothing like it was when we were younger without all these aches and pains :problem:

Chris.
nigelrb

Post by nigelrb »

I feel like making a sarcastic remark, but none of us is immune to aging :( . No matter how many Vitamin 'C' tabs I pop and no matter how many Botox injections I pump into myself, I know there'll come the day when I have to sacrifice my sports bikes for an Africa Twin.
freeridenick

Post by freeridenick »

freeridenick wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 7:19 pm First of two test days at Cadwell. Shame someone wasn't feeling very friendly.

Mixed mate. Some good sessions on Saturday but I wussed out of a damp session at the end if the day then it lashed it down. Plus a guy tried to come up the inside of me as I apexed at Mansfield. That's tyre on the exhaust and there's can damage on the inside where it hit the swingarm and the top of the seat from his fairing. The rear moved a fair way when he hit me - I saw he wheel first so knew it was coming - but I stayed on. He didn't.

Sunday I broke the bike in the second session of a lovely sunny day. The engine is jammed up pretty tight so it's probably serious.
Nosepicker

Post by Nosepicker »

Richard wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 6:24 pm Today I have mostly been playing with my new foot rests. 40mm drop. Yet to try them out but so far feel ok. Let's hope my knees agree. 😃
Looking good D :thumbup:
Hope it will keep you Stormin' for many years to come :D
Bad choices make good stories :D
Dickiebig

Post by Dickiebig »

Nosepicker wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 9:39 am
Looking good D :thumbup:
Hope it will keep you Stormin' for many years to come :D
Thank you, so do I. I think storms are great. For me I just love the torque and that sound it makes on the overrun. 😂👍
Dickiebig

Post by Dickiebig »

Went for a little jaunt on the new, lowered pegs. My knees are 98% happy, I am 89% happy. Some little tweeks to do and muscle memory to build up but I should be ok.
Just sent off for membership of the Darby & Joan club, but unfortunately I don't have a rocking chair 🥴
alanfjones1411

Post by alanfjones1411 »

Richard wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 3:44 pm Went for a little jaunt on the new, lowered pegs. My knees are 98% happy, I am 89% happy. Some little tweeks to do and muscle memory to build up but I should be ok.
Just sent off for membership of the Darby & Joan club, but unfortunately I don't have a rocking chair 🥴
You'll get one on ebay to go along with your pipe and slippers Richard :D
SO WHEN DOES THIS OLD ENOUGH TO KNOW BETTER KICK IN
popkat

Post by popkat »

freeridenick wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 8:59 am

Mixed mate. Some good sessions on Saturday but I wussed out of a damp session at the end if the day then it lashed it down. Plus a guy tried to come up the inside of me as I apexed at Mansfield. That's tyre on the exhaust and there's can damage on the inside where it hit the swingarm and the top of the seat from his fairing. The rear moved a fair way when he hit me - I saw he wheel first so knew it was coming - but I stayed on. He didn't.

Sunday I broke the bike in the second session of a lovely sunny day. The engine is jammed up pretty tight so it's probably serious.

Oh no, sorry to hear about the engine :( hope it's not as bad as it looks..
Sounds like the guy lost it down into mansfield, can be easy to lock the front going in or go down a gear too many, lucky you weren't completely collected in his mistakes.

http://www.bidefordmotorcycles.co.uk
2014 CRMC Post classic Superbike champion.
2014 CRMC Post classic senior production champion. On a Suzuki Katana 1100
My bikes, Firestorm, Suzuki GSX-s1000 Katana, VFR800Fi. Projects, 1986 popup Katana, 3 XJ600’s
Duffy1964

Post by Duffy1964 »

Decided to paint the fairing panel for the blue project. What a waste of time that was Imagegot a panel from Shauned with a nice repair and it just needed the correct candy blue which I purchased on ebay at £25 a can ImageImage
Turned out to be miles off even after 4 bloody coats ImageImage

I won’t be using this supplier again. Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Duffy1964
Yellow 1997 Storm R.I.P. Orange 2000 Streetfighter (Rufus), Red & Silver 1968 Triumph Trophy 650, Blue 2003 Storm Project, Red 2007 Montesa Cota Trials 250 & 1959 BSA D7 175cc Bantam Trials Project
nigelrb

Post by nigelrb »

Sorry to hear.

I've been more than happy with https://www.rsbikepaint.com/en-gb/colours.php

Might be a tad dearer, but has always matched up well with classics and new bikes. :thumbup:
Duffy1964

Post by Duffy1964 »

Thanks I will have a look

Duffy1964
Yellow 1997 Storm R.I.P. Orange 2000 Streetfighter (Rufus), Red & Silver 1968 Triumph Trophy 650, Blue 2003 Storm Project, Red 2007 Montesa Cota Trials 250 & 1959 BSA D7 175cc Bantam Trials Project
Wicky

Post by Wicky »

Make sure you get the right coloured base / undercoat - but still no guarantee the new paint job will be an exact match as differences in application in factory and changes over a couple of decades of the original from outdoor exposure. Have you given the other painted plastics and tank a good clean and polish?
It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

ImageVTR Firestorm and other bikes t-shirts
Duffy1964

Post by Duffy1964 »

Yeah I have just found out that it needs a base coat. Bloody listing never mentioned that.

Duffy1964
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

If you take a panel to RS Paints they’ll analyse it and do the primer, base coat, top coat and lacquer. Really good firm.
:thumbup:
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF