what have you done to your "bike" today

General Biker Banter
thelens

Re: what have you done to your "bike" today

Post by thelens »

Had the bike serviced. Fresh oil and filter, air filter. All fluids drained and filled afresh. New iridium plugs and air filter. One tooth larger rear sprocket fitted. Stearing head bearings checked and told they are fine. Last but not least carbs balanced.
End result..... it’s like riding a different bike. In a most positive way.
The engine is now much smoother than it was. Together with the one tooth larger rear sprocket... well it feels like the bike has gained another 25 hp ! It is even smooth at 2000 rpm. Almost civilised in traffic lol.
To say it’s more usable is an understatement. The bike pulls hard even in top.
I was having a great day. A ride to oxford. Of course it’s me so something had to give.
Today it was when I notice the screw screwed into the middle of my tyre.
Maybe to prevent tyre slip lol.
Oh well.... I shall get it plugged in the morning :lol:
Bennyboy

Post by Bennyboy »

Treated it to a new rear shock 😬😬
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

What did you stick in the rear! Fnar fnar :lol:
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
kenmoore

Post by kenmoore »

Packed the VTR up for a trip .

I am really looking forward to a trip to a bike rally.

I have serviced the Storm with new chain and sprockets , 43 on rear now and at least I can cruise in top gear at 110KPH now instead of 5Th gear. Certainly livened things up and only revs about 250 more as opposed to before the change.

Oil and filter and a few other tweaks in preparation.Didn't sync the carbs as she is running a treat.I figure leave well enough alone eh?

It's about a 7 hour trip each way with stops and fuel . I have packed everything except clothes,the tent, self inflating mattress, sleeping bag and blankets( It gets cold there ), tools, supplies and other sundries are onboard and here is how it looks.

I have tried to keep the weight down low and will adjust the back shock to compensate.

The rally I am going to is one I have attended before , there is always a mix of bikes, It is a Guzzi club after all!

Most of the bikes there are V Twins so even though I ride a Honda we all have something in common.

If I see anything interesting I will post pice when I get back.

All in all I should do about a thousand miles in 3 days if I partake in a " group ride " on Saturday it could be more.

The plan is to arrive Friday arvo, set up, get on the piss and have a good look around and hopefully meet some like minded folks.

Stay tuned.

Will post pics!
South Coast
New South Wales
Australia
grumpyfrog

Post by grumpyfrog »

Bloody hell, where are you off to?
That's 1 loaded bike, but they do take it well.
Enjoy the trip
Don't hassle me
I'll get there at some time
kenmoore

Post by kenmoore »

Everything is light weight .

The tent etc weighs nothing, just bulky.

Won't take long to adjust to the extra weight.

Hopefully everything I need is onboard !
:beer: :beer: :beer:
South Coast
New South Wales
Australia
Pete.L
Forum Health And Safety Officer

Post by Pete.L »

kenmoore wrote:Packed the VTR up for a trip .

I have serviced the Storm with new chain and sprockets , 43 on rear now and at least I can cruise in top gear at 110KPH now instead of 5Th gear. Certainly livened things up and only revs about 250 more as opposed to before the change.

Oil and filter and a few other tweaks in preparation.Didn't sync the carbs as she is running a treat.I figure leave well enough alone eh?

It's about a 7 hour trip each way with stops and fuel . I have packed everything except clothes,the tent, self inflating mattress, sleeping bag and blankets( It gets cold there ), tools, supplies and other sundries are onboard and here is how it looks.

I have tried to keep the weight down low and will adjust the back shock to compensate.

The rally I am going to is one I have attended before , there is always a mix of bikes, It is a Guzzi club after all!

Most of the bikes there are V Twins so even though I ride a Honda we all have something in common.

All in all I should do about a thousand miles in 3 days if I partake in a " group ride " on Saturday it could be more.

The plan is to arrive Friday arvo, set up, get on the piss and have a good look around and hopefully meet some like minded folks.

Stay tuned.

Will post pics!
The Bikes looking in great shape under all that stuffImage
Have a great time and keep us informed. It should be a right crack!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My new ride is a bit of a Howler and I love to make her Squeal
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

kenmoore wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 1:01 pm Packed the VTR up for a trip .

Stay tuned.

Will post pics!
Please do lets us know how it all goes Ken. Have a safe and enjoyable time,

Chris.
MacV2

Re: what have you done to your "bike" yesterday

Post by MacV2 »

Kicked the tyres, checked the oil level, adjusted the chain, put some lube on the chain, cleaned the wheels, polished the body work & strapped the luggage on...

First stop Clackect lane 09.00 ish... Ok not true first stop will be the petrol station about 6 miles away... :lol:
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

fitted a nice new gel seat to the DD to stop my ass feeling like a baboons :clap: ... brand new for £130 delivered is buttons for one of those aswell..and, AND is has red stitching which is worth at least 30 bhp :lol: :lol:

looked at the blue one aswell. no no not worked at it, just looked :wave:
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
freeridenick

Post by freeridenick »

Pitched up at Cadwell for two days of track fun.
thelens

Post by thelens »

freeridenick wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 8:49 pm Pitched up at Cadwell for two days of track fun.
Talk about perfect :lol:
Gotta equal at least 6 xmas :D
Have a great time. I’ve gone green :lol:
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Rode it back from Wales after an epic weekend on Operation Storm Wales 2019... :D
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
kenmoore

Post by kenmoore »

Made it back from the bike rally in one piece.

Roughly 1,000 miles in 3 days.

Lost my bloody phone so pics are scarce.

Bike performed flawlessly.

Saw a lot of weird machinery.

What was evident is that motorcycling is alive and kicking.

There was over 300 people and all sorts of machinery.

There was another VTR there, a blue one with the twin headlight mod and Staintune hi rise pipes.

My bike fooled a few people, it is always amusing as people try and figure out what it is, I think the forks throw them.

Anyway, another great ride on the Storm.
South Coast
New South Wales
Australia
freeridenick

Post by freeridenick »

Pulled chunks of grass out of it :(.