what have you done to your "bike" today

General Biker Banter
fabiostar

Re: what have you done to your "bike" today

Post by fabiostar »

not my own bike, but a guy came over from scotland today to have a lightweight flywheel fitted then a we jolly spin just to check all was well :clap:
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

Got the link pipes made up to connect my Yoshimura headers, thanks Lloydie, to the Akrapovic cans. So it’s a Yoshipovic or Akramura system now. Photos to follow.
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Where did you get you links made up Kev? Have gone hi rise like the Scorpians.
==============================Enter the Darkside
tony.mon

Re: what have you done to your

Post by tony.mon »

Duffy1964 wrote: Sat Apr 07, 2018 9:04 pm Sorry to here that Tony Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm over it now.
The chainsaw and I took it out on a tree.
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

podman wrote: Sat Apr 07, 2018 8:58 pm
MacV2 wrote: Sat Apr 07, 2018 7:05 pm

So, which one is your fave then?!
They are all special... :lol:

Except for Blonkey the runt of the litter... :lol: :lol:

Eh TBH, as Custard is the commuter hack it gets ridden the most 21k since I started to commute on it back in 2015...but Nue red is prob the sweetest ride of them but then it is the newest being '03...Took Nue Red for an Mot last month & it feels so different to Custard...tighter, lighter & faster but then it is Red & not a mongral yella/bloo hybrid... None of the others are 'on the road' Big Bird I havent even started let alone rode it FFS...flat batt & needs CCT's doing...

One of them is due for the great pile of spares treatment soon... Plan A for the future of said Storms is a rapidly changing Plan which as we stand is not just Plan A.1 more like Plan Z.10...

I used to be decisive but then contracted Stormitus & it's all gone to pot... :lol: :lol:
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

VTRDark wrote: Sat Apr 07, 2018 10:55 pm Where did you get you links made up Kev? Have gone hi rise like the Scorpians.
A place called Pipecraft in Basildon. Really nice bloke, he’s geared up for cars but is very willing to help out with links. £80 using the links I had.
I wanted to use MHP in Clacton but they’re mega busy with the racing crowd.
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
popkat

Post by popkat »

MacV2 wrote: Sun Apr 08, 2018 9:04 am
podman wrote: Sat Apr 07, 2018 8:58 pm
MacV2 wrote: Sat Apr 07, 2018 7:05 pm

So, which one is your fave then?!
They are all special... :lol:

Except for Blonkey the runt of the litter... :lol: :lol:

Eh TBH, as Custard is the commuter hack it gets ridden the most 21k since I started to commute on it back in 2015...but Nue red is prob the sweetest ride of them but then it is the newest being '03...Took Nue Red for an Mot last month & it feels so different to Custard...tighter, lighter & faster but then it is Red & The previous owner conditioned it for you :biggrin

http://www.bidefordmotorcycles.co.uk
2014 CRMC Post classic Superbike champion.
2014 CRMC Post classic senior production champion. On a Suzuki Katana 1100
My bikes, Firestorm, Suzuki GSX-s1000 Katana, VFR800Fi. Projects, 1986 popup Katana, 3 XJ600’s
StormyRob

Post by StormyRob »

Hoping the blade front end arrives tomorrow.

On anothet note I bit a huge bullet and made a purchase. A special purchase for the bike as far as I am concerned and can't wait til it arrives. Hopefully in the next week or so
If you don't try you never know if you can do it.
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

tony.mon wrote: Sat Apr 07, 2018 8:40 pm Wasn't going to do anything to the SP, but knocked it over while squeezing past to get a chainsaw stand
Bent the Harris front fairing/mirror mount, and a small mark on the paint on the rh side fairing.
Spent over an hour straightening the fairing stay, but it's now ok.
Ah, well.
How frustrating and very annoying, I hope it wasn't as bad as you first thought,

Chris.
mik_str

Post by mik_str »

Made an appointment to have the old girl picked up by my trusted tech on Friday. On the menu for this year:
- strip engine, inspect bores ; hopefully all is good in which case a hone and re-ring is in order (otherwise, a bore job is in order and in will go the new 99mm slugs)
- inspect valves guides, replace if needed
- replace all valve seals
- refresh valve seats
- replace intake cam (currently Mori Stg 1 EX cam) with Yosh Stage 1 (additional 1 degree duration and 0.6mm lift)
- replace intake valve springs
- machining upper case for better venting
- replace flywheel (new unit is 2.6 lbs lighter than stock)
- replace seals for drive shaft and shift shaft
- replace wiring harness (was getting short in the rain so hopefully this will cure that)
- lube shock linkage
- install Quickshifter (seeing as how it will be apart anyhow...)
- replace rear cowling (seeing as how it will be apart anyhow; existing one is cracked were mount screws are so picked up a pristine one and had it colour-matched - will fix old one and have it as a backup)

Hopefully this will cure the oil burning problem and net me a bit more zip along the way...

I performed another (relatively minor) mod to the airbox lid (filter-in-lid mod), raising the lid by 10mm and replacing the prior K&N VTR1000 filter element with the one I picked up from Rob... all to help it breathe better (especially with the more aggressive cams)...

should be ready just in time for riding weather to arrive....
99 VTR1000F Firestorm, a.k.a. The Carbon Express
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

mik_str wrote: Tue Apr 10, 2018 12:20 am Made an appointment to have the old girl picked up by my trusted tech on Friday. On the menu for this year:
- strip engine, inspect bores ; hopefully all is good in which case a hone and re-ring is in order (otherwise, a bore job is in order and in will go the new 99mm slugs)
- inspect valves guides, replace if needed
- replace all valve seals
- refresh valve seats
- replace intake cam (currently Mori Stg 1 EX cam) with Yosh Stage 1 (additional 1 degree duration and 0.6mm lift)
- replace intake valve springs
- machining upper case for better venting
- replace flywheel (new unit is 2.6 lbs lighter than stock)
- replace seals for drive shaft and shift shaft
- replace wiring harness (was getting short in the rain so hopefully this will cure that)
- lube shock linkage
- install Quickshifter (seeing as how it will be apart anyhow...)
- replace rear cowling (seeing as how it will be apart anyhow; existing one is cracked were mount screws are so picked up a pristine one and had it colour-matched - will fix old one and have it as a backup)

Hopefully this will cure the oil burning problem and net me a bit more zip along the way...

I performed another (relatively minor) mod to the airbox lid (filter-in-lid mod), raising the lid by 10mm and replacing the prior K&N VTR1000 filter element with the one I picked up from Rob... all to help it breathe better (especially with the more aggressive cams)...

should be ready just in time for riding weather to arrive....
Nice work planned there Micky 8)

Chris.
uk13iker

Post by uk13iker »

Got the MT out after 5 months of gathering dust to give it a wash, and remembered I hadn’t been on it because It had a bald tyre. So went and got new one fitted expensive wash .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

I managed to get out and put a coat of the Black basecoat on and then decided I didn't like that shade of Black so then went on eBay and ordered some Bentley Beluga Black L041. 8O I want Black Black, a nice neutral Black not Black with a hint of colour as the light reflects off it, and it has to be a very glossy watery wet shiny finish to contrast against the matte on my frame, swingarm and forks. I shall use up the rest of the Honda Black to help build up layers, fill and rub down and get a perfertly smooth 800 grit base for the Beluga. I'm going to need a tonne of laquer too. Build it up...build it up!!!! It's not easy working out in the elements trying to keep everything clean and dust free. Ideally I need to get some plastic sheeting and try to create some kind of spray booth. If only I had a pop up tent.
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

i went mad and sold my scorpian high rise pipes of the yellow one :eek2 and my spare set and and and god only knows what else but plans afoot. :clap:
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Any goodies that would be nice on my build :biggrin So what are you up to now then.

It's dry outside so I shall get back to my bodywork prep and spray. I might even get around to fitting my Oberon slave. I'm not sure what to do wit my chain and sprockets. The chain has been soaking in engine oil for the last 6 months but I may just bite the bullet and buy a nice new shiny chain and sprockets. It's the bodywork that is reall bothering me as it's holding me back and time consuming along with having to rely on good weather.