what have you done to your "bike" today

General Biker Banter
sirch345
Site Admin

Re: what have you done to your "bike" today

Post by sirch345 »

Took my Storm for it's mot today after checking it over in the week. It is the first mot since fitting the Renthal flat bar handlebar conversion, so I was wondering if there might be any problems, although I thought it was fine.

Everything was fine :thumbup: the tester even commented on the bar conversion as being very well done. He said you should see some of the bar conversion lash-ups they've had in for mot's,

Chris.
KermitLeFrog

Post by KermitLeFrog »

Stephan wrote: Thu Apr 05, 2018 4:52 am Image
Didn't Ady (late of this parish) have one of these? I remember him doing a bomb past on a straight bit. Then Alison dropped it....
Last edited by KermitLeFrog on Thu Apr 05, 2018 8:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I squandered" (George Best, RIP)
KermitLeFrog

Post by KermitLeFrog »

My Storm had an MOT yesterday. Obviously it passed with honours...

Shame I had to ride it back through a blizzard. Fecking weather. Had another bike out today and it was sunny and fab. Knocking on the 600 mile first service and I hate the idea of someone else putting their grubby mitts on it. Over-tightening the oil filter and sump plug, scratching bits, you know, typical pro mechanic stuff.
"I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I squandered" (George Best, RIP)
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

i got my lazy ass in gear and fitted a side mount steering damper on the yellow one. pain in the ass so ended up taking the fairing of. re fitted it and............it hit the fairing :eek2 . so started all over again, job done :thumbup: :thumbup: . and it needed it. with my weight, an empty ish fuel tank and the 7r front end it got,lets say frisky outa roundabouts when you crossed the camber of the road :eek2
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

fabiostar wrote: Thu Apr 05, 2018 9:26 pm i got my lazy ass in gear and fitted a side mount steering damper on the yellow one. pain in the ass so ended up taking the fairing of. re fitted it and............it hit the fairing :eek2 . so started all over again, job done :thumbup: :thumbup: . and it needed it. with my weight, an empty ish fuel tank and the 7r front end it got,lets say frisky outa roundabouts when you crossed the camber of the road :eek2
dam tricky fitting a side mount steering damper, been there done that :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

KermitLeFrog wrote: Thu Apr 05, 2018 8:09 pm
Didn't Ady (late of this parish) have one of these? I remember him doing a bomb past on a straight bit. Then Alison dropped it....
it was ziggy that dropped it
AMcQ
KermitLeFrog

Post by KermitLeFrog »

AMCQ46 wrote: Thu Apr 05, 2018 10:43 pm
KermitLeFrog wrote: Thu Apr 05, 2018 8:09 pm
it was ziggy that dropped it
That's right. Sorry. You picked it up...
podman

Post by podman »

Had the LC returned yesterday after having the electrics sorted, various new connectors and stator wiring replaced.

Chap that did this work is based in Bucks and builds looms for both road and off road race bikes(Dakar map book type things) as well as general repairs. Pricing is very fair as well.

http://www.electro34.co.uk

[url]Image

Excitedly up early this morning and connected everything up, filled it with fluids...fired up 3rd kick, bit of running in to be done but its great to have the old girl back together again.

[url]Image

[url]Image

The engine always leaked gearbox oil but now with the casing bushed, a new gear shift rod and new shift pedal, the change is perfect...It doesnt rattle anymore either! Happy days...

[url]Image
Duffy1964

Post by Duffy1964 »

Looks fantastic I like the mars bar LC’s

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Duffy1964
Yellow 1997 Storm R.I.P. Orange 2000 Streetfighter (Rufus), Red & Silver 1968 Triumph Trophy 650, Blue 2003 Storm Project, Red 2007 Montesa Cota Trials 250 & 1959 BSA D7 175cc Bantam Trials Project
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

my god i love your bike :clap:
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Spent the day fettling Custard. New chain & sprockets & cleaning a winters worth of crap from those ocasionaly cleaned places... :lol:

Needs new cush drive rubbers, which didnt come in the post today so it will need the rear wheel out again next weekend...DOH !

Still Oil change due next week as well so will be in bits again.

Had to make a bit of room in the MacCave to hang Custard from rafters & needed a bit of working space so had to pull the fleet out.

Smerkin stayed in the Cave...

Other things done...

Pulled out some bits for a care package for Crasher Malc o'Bob...

Fitted a Blackbird Stand to CJ Storm so it now stands more upright & isn't scary when you put it on the stand... 8O

Sorted some keys out...
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

Wasn't going to do anything to the SP, but knocked it over while squeezing past to get a chainsaw stand
Bent the Harris front fairing/mirror mount, and a small mark on the paint on the rh side fairing.
Spent over an hour straightening the fairing stay, but it's now ok.
Ah, well.
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
podman

Post by podman »

MacV2 wrote: Sat Apr 07, 2018 7:05 pm Spent the day fettling Custard. New chain & sprockets & cleaning a winters worth of crap from those ocasionaly cleaned places... :lol:

Needs new cush drive rubbers, which didnt come in the post today so it will need the rear wheel out again next weekend...DOH !

Still Oil change due next week as well so will be in bits again.

Had to make a bit of room in the MacCave to hang Custard from rafters & needed a bit of working space so had to pull the fleet out.

Smerkin stayed in the Cave...

Other things done...

Pulled out some bits for a care package for Crasher Malc o'Bob...

Fitted a Blackbird Stand to CJ Storm so it now stands more upright & isn't scary when you put it on the stand... 8O

Sorted some keys out...
So, which one is your fave then?!
podman

Post by podman »

tony.mon wrote: Sat Apr 07, 2018 8:40 pm Wasn't going to do anything to the SP, but knocked it over while squeezing past to get a chainsaw stand
Bent the Harris front fairing/mirror mount, and a small mark on the paint on the rh side fairing.
Spent over an hour straightening the fairing stay, but it's now ok.
Ah, well.

Thats a sickening feeling when that happens..straightening fairing stays is a b'std as well but at least you got it sorted..
Duffy1964

Post by Duffy1964 »

Sorry to here that Tony

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Duffy1964
Yellow 1997 Storm R.I.P. Orange 2000 Streetfighter (Rufus), Red & Silver 1968 Triumph Trophy 650, Blue 2003 Storm Project, Red 2007 Montesa Cota Trials 250 & 1959 BSA D7 175cc Bantam Trials Project