what have you done to your "bike" today

General Biker Banter
podman

Re: what have you done to your "bike" today

Post by podman »

agentpineapple wrote:
podman wrote:God work Mac...what would people do without you?!

Today I fitted my Renntec rack and top box today, bit of fiddly PITA , made worse by the chavvy tat pyramid plastics undertray , it sure aint sexy but after trying all forms of luggage/bodges over the years, my middle aged-ness means nowadays practicality outweighs the aesthetics!

[url]Image

[url]Image
throw a bag of sand in the top box, and you've got a wheelie machine.... :wink:
Good thought! Alas Renntec say 5kg max limit...righto :lol:
KermitLeFrog

Post by KermitLeFrog »

Took the Storm for a nice blast and now I'm having a coffee break in the middle of trying to sort the KTM. The engine dies when it goes into gear. Clutch interlock has been sorted, neutral switch interlock seems OK. Next stop the diode. Diodes? I hear you say. Yes, bloody diodes. Give me oily greasy things any day but diodes and CDI units are getting into uncomfortable territory for me.

Coffee finished, time to get back to work...
"I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I squandered" (George Best, RIP)
KermitLeFrog

Post by KermitLeFrog »

Well, the diode checked out. I suspect wires twisted together and taped up with wombles might have had something to do with it. Out for a test ride now!
"I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I squandered" (George Best, RIP)
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

had a quick 70 mile blast this evening, it's be roasting hot for the last 10 days, just over 40 degrees on many of those days, there's no point in riding in that kind of weather, but today the temps dropped to below mid 30's...... :D
so I waited until late afternoon/early evening and went for a quick blast. the sky's were very overcast and grey, but no rain was predicted.
so off I set, keeping up a fairly respectable pace. I make it to a bar in Mequinenza, so I can have a nice cold shampoo.....(a Spanish version of shandy)
within a few minutes of starting my drink there's thunder rumbling every minute, the skies are getting darker and darker, a local advises me that there is a severe weather warning that's just been issued......feck it!!!!
if you've ever seen a Spanish thunder storm you'll know how bad they get, normally there's flooding within 5mins..... :(
so I down my pint, get kitted back up in record time and head for home with the thunder rumbling along with me.
in front of me is clear-ish sky's, but behind me is dark as feck.
I can't go flat out as i'm low on go go juice....doh!!!!
even tho I kept the speed below 3 figures I still got home in time, and just my luck, within a few minutes of getting home it's blue sky's again ffs!!!!
seems the Spanish weather forecasters are just as bad as the British.... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
all's well that ends well I suppose...... :thumbup:
Last edited by agentpineapple on Sun Jun 25, 2017 10:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

Brought home my mates zx9r that he parked up four years ago and hadn't touched since.

I've got two weeks to get it ready to head to France mid July.....
Its booked on the shuttle so that's the deadline.
It would be three weeks but I'm off to the Brummie meet the last weekend, so I'd best get my finger out.

Brakes, carbs, battery, full service, and fit new indy's in the front.
It looks possible, let's see....
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
bigtwinthing

Post by bigtwinthing »

MZ Stuff today. Strip and cleaned the carbs, sorted some suspect wiring, greased the rear shock linkage, Checked and lubed the Levers, check the head bearings and trimmed the cracked panel and it looks peachy. Had a quick blast. New exhaust headers and link pipe having mods done this week.

rode the Tiger across some dirty fields!!!
missing the noise, not the vibes. However never say never!
Watty

Post by Watty »

Yesterday, rode the butt off the little ER to Olivers Mount and back! What a chuckle! I'd forgotten what fun these little bikes are :D
SH#T HAPPENS!!!!!!!!
bigtwinthing

Post by bigtwinthing »

Well fitted a GPR Can to the MZ wow what a row :lol: its so loud with no baffles. Gonna ride it tomorrow. Beautiful fit too.
missing the noise, not the vibes. However never say never!
Varastorm

Post by Varastorm »

Converted the Dero back to a motard, 17" front & 5.5" rear, along with 50mm mwf pegs & re-bent Transalp gear lever.

I fitted Metzeler Z8's 120/70/17 & 180/55/17 to the wheels & the feeling is a lot calmer during initial tip in.

The Pirelli Super Corsa's that were fitted last summer were quite scary during the initial tip in, but they were 120/70/17 & 180/60/17. Once used to the feeling they were unbelievable, but the first few outings were really scary.

It doesn't sound like a huge difference but the higher 60 profile at the rear forced me to remove the hugger.
That & the smaller front wheel doesn't help matters, but I hope the Z8's grip just as well lent over.
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

made these little beasties to raise the scorpians up a tad on the yellow girl..

just need to find a few matching bolts and shes good to go.

the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
podman

Post by podman »

Neat job mate.
Watty

Post by Watty »

Nice :D , but get the excess thread cut off that bolt in front of the hugger there Mr Fab you cowboy :lol:
SH#T HAPPENS!!!!!!!!
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

Watty wrote:Nice :D , but get the excess thread cut off that bolt in front of the hugger there Mr Fab you cowboy :lol:
lol god dam you mr eagle eye :biggrin
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

fabiostar wrote:
Watty wrote:Nice :D , but get the excess thread cut off that bolt in front of the hugger there Mr Fab you cowboy :lol:
lol god dam you mr eagle eye :biggrin
:lol: they don't miss a trick do they :)

I'm not sure if it's the same with your shiny after market shock protector, but with the standard one you need to remove it so it doesn't rub your hugger and scratch it up as the swingarm goes up and down when you're riding the bike,

Chris.
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

my poor hugger on the yellow one is past its best now... its served well tho.