what have you done to your "bike" today

General Biker Banter
fabiostar

Re: what have you done to your "bike" today

Post by fabiostar »

MacV2 wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2017 8:31 am Thurs night 21.30hrs-ish met up with a shady bloke in a white transit at a petrol station in Wrotham. To hand over a sprocket.

Bit strange as haven't ridden in the dark since October 22nd last year & that didn't end up very well... :lol:

lmfao that last line is just begging to be changed :lol: :lol: :lol:
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

done a little flywheel swap.. took the lightweight (normal cut) outa the mori engine and tried the silly under 5lb flywheel in it....

aaaahhhhh interesting :n6013r0: :n6013r0: id say its not user friendly lol..at least not in the lower 3 gears... :clap: .

so its staying in it...... :thumbup: :thumbup:
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Thanks to the outstanding generosity of Kev L today I fitted the tail plastics he very kindly sent me.

It came from when his bike was pushed over in the car park at his work place some time ago & the insurance replaced the plastics that were damaged. There are a few marks & very small scratches most of which are now history thanks to the wonders of T- Cut... :thumbup:

Also when you screw the rear fixing in some small cracks opened up, so an extra washer under the screw head & a bit of drilling to stop the cracks spreading. Easy fix. will keep an eye on it & strenghen with glass fiber if ness.

I even put some trim clips in on the tabs underneath !

Worringly there were some strange white deposits spattered on it not sure what they were but the T-Cut dealt with it... 8O

No complaints as it was free & he even refused my offer to cover the postage...

True Gent...

True gent PAH! this is the sort of thing I have to put up with...

Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

nice to see he managed to squeeze 3k of coke under the seat :eek2 :eek2 :eek2
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

fabiostar wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2017 6:56 pm nice to see he managed to squeeze 3k of coke under the seat :eek2 :eek2 :eek2
E bay bargain £20 it is so comfy...Fugly & the cowl don't fit but easy on the elbow so all is good !
podman

Post by podman »

Went to a Raleigh meet earlier this morning, real nostalgia trip, 80s bikes, parts and computer games being peddled by the sellers, anyone remember the Milk race bikes?!

Managed to pick up a couple of NOS bits for the Chopper as well.

[url]Image

[url]Image

[url]Image

[url]Image

Raleigh Vektar, like a Burner in fancy dress, complete with digital speedo and radio...never seen one of these before.

[url]Image

Back on topic, RPM bikes in Northampton had a dyno day today so I stuck the storm on, it made 107RWHP and 69ft lb of torque at 5,300RPM, seeing as I havent done a thing to it bar a set of second hand cheapo end cans and Honda only state 110BHP, I was very pleased with that. That sound about right to you chaps?

[url]Image
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

at 5.3 k revs? is that not a tad low to be peeking at?

ah iv just seen thats not the bhp revs...doh!!!!.... id say if thats a true reading id be more then happy with it. :thumbup: .
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Went to Brands Hatch on Nue Red to catch up with Popkat at the CRMC races.

Poppers mighty XJ600.

Poppers proving even at 50 he can still squeez into his race leathers.
Qualiy on the VFR/VTR hybrid.

Sadly the racing was susspended for the day after a very serious accident...

Popkat was not on track in that race...
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

[qotoe]Raleigh Vektar[/quote] I remember when they came out. A bit of a Sinclair C5 type of cycle. I used to have a Burner BMX with trick nuts on the back and front then I got a Diamond Back BMX. There was some odd inventions in the 80's. My first motorbike was the coffin tank RD 125 Twin with allspeed exhausts, hi-tech reeds. I wish I still had that bike. Got my first computer back then too a Sinclair ZX81with the 15k ram pack which brought it up to 16k :lol: I then had a Commodore 64 and 128 at a later date and then moved onto Macs with an SE30. Actually I still have the SE30 and all the original software on floppy's. I've also kept my original rev a Bondi Blue G3 iMac which was a stepping stone in design. I had others 603's, 604,s in between them. Cor that takes me back...Cubebase on a PPC 9600. How times have changed and the tech has moved along and not in a good way. 90's was the best decade of my life from what I remember especially the early days :lol:
==============================Enter the Darkside
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

Currently in the middle of my Sunday ride, just relaxing in the shade.... :thumbup:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
freeridenick

Post by freeridenick »

Took the pistons out of spare number 1 for StormyRob and thought I'd carry on. Cases now split and I have a big pile of bits and bolts.

Feeling quite please with myself since it's the first time I've taken an engine apart. I tried to get my daughter excited too but she just yawned down the phone at me. :roll:
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

so this morning I had to do some work on my mates bike to get it ready for it's itv inspection, which is the spanish vosa/mot equivalent, then I decided to remove my touring footpegs and put the std ones back on, fecking hate split pins.... :lol:
I also had to adjust the height of the gear change pedal to match the higher std pegs.
so off I go, 4 miles to the petrol stn, fill up. and head north on a fast and rather bendy C-12. only to get another 5 miles and the gear change starts to feel odd. so I coast to a stop at the side of the road, only to find I hadn't tightened up the fecking nuts on the gear selection rod.... :oops:
which is dangling down with only a few threads holding it on at one end. spent the next few mins laying next to the bike reattaching the rod, I always carry a 10mm spanner, so I didn't have to break out the tool kit. all sorted and back on my way. i'm heading for a race track that's about 55 miles from home. once there I had a shandy, which is called a shampoo in most parts of catalunya.
it was busy there, as their was a trackday going on and it was their lunch break, so it was manic.
whilst outside admiring the view a young family walk out and one of their kids runs straight for the bike, the little lad was so excited. I just got to the bike before him to check the exhaust had cooled down, which it had. so in my spazzy Spanish I asked the family if the kids would like a photo on the bike, 2 of them jumped at the chance, probably about 5 and 7yrs old, the older kiddie looked like he had learning difficulties, so it was nice to give them a treat by sitting on the bike. I got a high five from both kids..... :thumbup:

oh and my friends bike had an unexpected pillion this morning.... :lol: :lol: :lol:

from the track I covered another 90 miles of fun filled twisty roads, and not a cloud in the sky, 25 degree's, perfect weather.... :thumbup:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
podman

Post by podman »

That sky (and 25 degrees...) seems a very long way enough now Martyn..

Kids love climbing on bikes dont they? Id imagine the family appreciated your kindness.

As for the critter on the pipe, id have waited until it climbed inside and fire it up... :biggrin

Did quite a few miles today out on the storm with my riding buddies and Mrs P, we swapped bikes for a bit, despite her only passing her test a year or so, Mrs P was quite happy on the storm ,really felt the torque over her CBR600 despite the modest speeds, as illustrated!

[url]Image
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

podman wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2017 8:54 pm That sky (and 25 degrees...) seems a very long way enough now Martyn..

Kids love climbing on bikes dont they? Id imagine the family appreciated your kindness.

As for the critter on the pipe, id have waited until it climbed inside and fire it up... :biggrin

Did quite a few miles today out on the storm with my riding buddies and Mrs P, we swapped bikes for a bit, despite her only passing her test a year or so, Mrs P was quite happy on the storm ,really felt the torque over her CBR600 despite the modest speeds, as illustrated!

[url]Image
well done Mrs P, always good to see a newish rider not afraid to try a different bike, good on her... :thumbup:
and yes kids love bikes, tbh they're all bike mad over here :lol:
I did my bit for English/Catalan relations... :wink:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

agentpineapple wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2017 9:34 pm
podman wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2017 8:54 pm That sky (and 25 degrees...) seems a very long way enough now Martyn..

[url]Image
well done Mrs P, always good to see a newish rider not afraid to try a different bike, good on her... :thumbup:
and yes kids love bikes, tbh they're all bike mad over here :lol:
I did my bit for English/Catalan relations... :wink:
Good! It's looking likely to be the only part of Spain we can have a trade deal with in a year or so....
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.