what have you done to your "bike" today

General Biker Banter
VTRDark

Re: what have you done to your "bike" today

Post by VTRDark »

Almost finished spraying the inside of my header pipes. I shall have to give the outside another quick going over before I lacquer them as I have some overspray on them. Oh well, I wasn't 100% happy with them anyway so I shall get the drill and buffing wheel out on the last bit. Hopefully it will dig the last bit of grime out of the welds.

I also got the dremmel out today and trimmed the burnt and warped parts of my Pyramid belly pan where the header catches it. I'm going to Carbon wrap my belly pan. I also have some reflective heatshielding to go on the inside. I bought some Carbon Engine Covers from Germany...you know the ones where the clutch cover side also covers some of the water pump. The clutch side fits perfect but the generator side was not perfect and needed trimming :( a bit disappointing really. Should have gone with Carbonardi. Not a lot else done really but I have tomorrow off work so hopefully I can get the headers finished. I really want them on the bike now so I can move on.
==============================Enter the Darkside
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

MacV2 wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2017 2:25 pm The Custard Crumble passed its yearly health check... :thumbup:

6966 miles done in the year 97% of which commuting to work...& as you all know I havent been at work much this past year... :lol:

So as an aside on the way back I rode it a bit harder that the test I did the other day...

Bit more pain in the shoulder so still a way to go with that...
:thumbdown: :cry:
Mind how you go Mac.
VTRDark wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2017 4:23 pm Almost finished spraying the inside of my header pipes. I shall have to give the outside another quick going over before I lacquer them as I have some overspray on them. Oh well, I wasn't 100% happy with them anyway so I shall get the drill and buffing wheel out on the last bit. Hopefully it will dig the last bit of grime out of the welds.

I also got the dremmel out today and trimmed the burnt and warped parts of my Pyramid belly pan where the header catches it. I'm going to Carbon wrap my belly pan. I also have some reflective heatshielding to go on the inside. I bought some Carbon Engine Covers from Germany...you know the ones where the clutch cover side also covers some of the water pump. The clutch side fits perfect but the generator side was not perfect and needed trimming :( a bit disappointing really. Should have gone with Carbonardi. Not a lot else done really but I have tomorrow off work so hopefully I can get the headers finished. I really want them on the bike now so I can move on.
You've been a busy boy again Carl, keep up the good work :thumbup:

Chris.
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

Finally got round to fitting the Brembo RCS 18/20 radial mc. Just got it finished and bled and a quick test ride before it rained. So that's radial mc's both sides now, as I fitted a radial one on the clutch side from an RC8 a while back.

It's worth the money, does exactly what it promised, on 20 setting it's like hitting a wall when you touch the lever, and on 18 you get more lever travel but more sensitivity and feedback.
20 for trackdays and summer, 18 for slippery conditions or tracks where lots of trailbraking is needed.

Annoyingly the bleed nipple at the top/back of the radial cylinder housing, which is needed to fully bleed the mc, fouls the fairing, so I had to reprofile it with an old soldering iron.

I also fitted a part used set of Brembo pads I had, they're much better than the Vesrah set I had to put in to get it through the last MOT- it was all they had in stock.
These pads will last a couple of months and I'll pick up new ones in a winter sale, or next time Brembo have a two for one offer.

And fitted Ali captive spacers on the front wheel, to offsetting extra weight of the heavy steel Brembo banjo bolt.
I had to use that instead of my nice light Ti one, as the threads are different.

I still have the SP2 calipers on. They seem fine, so unless some m50's drop into my Christmas sack they'll do for now.

Which means I have a good clean SP2 master cylinder, Titax full length silver lever and Ti double length banjo bolt to sell on sometime.
And that money will start the fund for a Domino XMS quick action throttle housing and cables.

But I'm not really modifying this bike, I promised the wife I wouldn't. Just a few comfort adjustments and keeping on top of maintenance.
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
Pete.L
Forum Health And Safety Officer

Post by Pete.L »

tony.mon wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2017 8:13 am But I'm not really modifying this bike, I promised the wife I wouldn't. Just a few comfort adjustments and keeping on top of maintenance.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
:clap: :clap:
My new ride is a bit of a Howler and I love to make her Squeal
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Went out for a wee spin on Custard today...Sun was out so why not...Did a bit of shopping & came home about 30 odd miles... Not excatly comfortable but getting better buy the day...
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
Pete.L
Forum Health And Safety Officer

Post by Pete.L »

Buy the day ???
How much. And if you're not comfortable with this day why buy it? Get another one which fits better and buy that one instead.
All that glitters is not gold

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My new ride is a bit of a Howler and I love to make her Squeal
MacV2

Re: what have you done to your

Post by MacV2 »

Pete.L wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2017 7:21 pm Buy the day ???
How much. And if you're not comfortable with this day why buy it? Get another one which fits better and buy that one instead.
All that glitters is not gold

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
FF syndrome...

Sent from my PC using my Fat Fingers to tripe...
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
podman

Post by podman »

Suzuki day at the Super Sausage today, anyone else make it along from the forum, I did spot a couple of Storms...not all on the horizon either..

[url]Image

Dodged most of the showers and took this snap with my brothers 996SPS on the way home.

[url]Image
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

I thought about cleaning my bike today.
Then I watched bsb and wsb instead.
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

Fitted a radial front master cylinder. Not tested it yet mind!
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

Kev L wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2017 8:18 pm Fitted a radial front master cylinder. Not tested it yet mind!
they make a difference kev..... :thumbup:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
StormyRob

Post by StormyRob »

Kev L wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2017 8:18 pm Fitted a radial front master cylinder. Not tested it yet mind!
What type Kev? Mine is a 08-11 blade. Hard to know what difference it made as I switched to the six pots at the same time but my system is definitely much improved
If you don't try you never know if you can do it.
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

StormyRob wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2017 8:46 pm
What type Kev? Mine is a 08-11 blade. Hard to know what difference it made as I switched to the six pots at the same time but my system is definitely much improved
the easiest way to tell, is to jump on a friends bike with stock brakes, bloody hell you soon notice the difference, but as you say, changing to those Suzuki calipers
means you can't really gauge the difference, tbh there's no point in buying a radial master if you have stock discs and calipers. also it gets expensive, as having great brakes means you then need to upgrade your forks, it never ends :lol: :lol: :lol:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
StormyRob

Post by StormyRob »

I don't think the stock discs are bad at all. I think its more the standard system isn't worth writing home about. In saying that there are people that swear by the full stock system :D
If you don't try you never know if you can do it.
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

gave old yellow a clean then nipped to the the garage for petrol and ended up doing 130 miles 8O 8O even bumped into a certain mr mcdee.... :D
the older i get,the faster i was :lol: