what have you done to your "bike" today

General Biker Banter
sirch345
Site Admin

Re: what have you done to your

Post by sirch345 »

Duffy1964 wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 12:30 pm Brought mine another twin to keep it company ImageImage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nice one Duffy 8)
Commando77 wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 11:52 am 750 miles this year and the gear noise is back after that strip and bottom end rebuild. Hey ho I'll just ride it. Pulled the PAIR stuff so I can get a tool in to adjust the idle mixtures.
No way, not after all that hard work :o

Chris.
mik_str

Re: what have you done to your "bike" today

Post by mik_str »

Just got back from the shop: new Pilot 5 tires (front and back) and new water pump mechanical seal... let the season begin!!!!!
99 VTR1000F Firestorm, a.k.a. The Carbon Express
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

mik_str wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 7:33 pm Just got back from the shop: new Pilot 5 tires (front and back) and new water pump mechanical seal... let the season begin!!!!!
il be interested to hear what you think of the pilot 5s... i fancy them as a next set when the time comes.
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
mik_str

Post by mik_str »

fabiostar wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 9:14 pm
mik_str wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 7:33 pm Just got back from the shop: new Pilot 5 tires (front and back) and new water pump mechanical seal... let the season begin!!!!!
il be interested to hear what you think of the pilot 5s... i fancy them as a next set when the time comes.
just got them on and it was pouring rain on the ride home. I read up on them (non-journalist reviews) and the comments are all extremely favourable. They seem to be a very versatile tire and excel in the wet

FWIW, I was running Road 4s before (and before that Road 2s) and was pleased with those... (mind you, this is just for street riding, no track stuff)
99 VTR1000F Firestorm, a.k.a. The Carbon Express
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

I have just fitted the road 5 on the front of mine (still got the road 2 in the back), only scrubbing it in at the moment so will tell you my views after Yorkshire.
AMcQ
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

nice one lads..the crap jurno,s say about tyres makes great reading in a mag but hearing real world riders is of more interest.
Pete.L
Forum Health And Safety Officer

Post by Pete.L »

I’ve been running one on the rear all winter but still have the RR7 on the front. It works a lot better than the Metzler in the cold weather. The tyre develops a bit of heat on even the coldest days whilst the front feels like a slippy brick.
It’s a bit warmer now and the front is working properly again( along with the suspension) but I haven’t really had the opportunity to push it to its limits yet. Still, under normal conditions the rear is feeling pretty good and quite stable even at some reasonable angles of lean.
I think they will be fine for normal street stuff.
The only negative I’ve heard raised so far was one guy on the Suzi forum has had a couple of punctures and he wondered if that was to do with the rather large treads

My new ride is a bit of a Howler and I love to make her Squeal
fabiostar

Re: what have you done to your

Post by fabiostar »

Pete.L wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 9:26 am I’ve been running one on the rear all winter but still have the RR7 on the front. It works a lot better than the Metzler in the cold weather. The tyre develops a bit of heat on even the coldest days whilst the front feels like a slippy brick.
It’s a bit warmer now and the front is working properly again( along with the suspension) but I haven’t really had the opportunity to push it to its limits yet. Still, under normal conditions the rear is feeling pretty good and quite stable even at some reasonable angles of lean.
I think they will be fine for normal street stuff.
The only negative I’ve heard raised so far was one guy on the Suzi forum has had a couple of punctures and he wondered if that was to do with the rather large treads

iv (tried) to follow guys using the 4s so im thinking the 5s will do the job, something thats stickyish even but lasts on the centre..

they will be going onto the yellow bike as it will need boots first, the blue one has just got a set of Avon 3d ultra's and so far iv really impressed with them but not sure about life span on the tread.
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Got all me gear on, ready to pop over to Tony's...Grabbed me keys off the peg...No Ignition key...

:think: Hmmm strange it was there when I rode it home last night...

Opened the cave & pulled Custurd out its not in the ignition, been there done that, diff key for the seat so it's not there...

Checked all pockets, no...spent 20 mins looking, gave up & grabbed the spare...

Rode off got as far as the Jet station & it bucketed down...No waterproofs with me so spun round & came home a bit damp...

Called of Tony for today...the lying gitfaced weather bods said it would be raining but much later this arvo... :x

Came home & started a thourgh search...bins, under chairs, pockets, the gloves I was wearing last night,draws, the washing machine, the gravel outside me back door, the Cave floor...Blinking every where...Proper stumped !

It must be in the 10mm socket black hole... :lol: :lol:

I'm sure it will turn up after I've had another spare cut... :lol:
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

MacV2 wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 12:35 pm Got all me gear on, ready to pop over to Tony's...Grabbed me keys off the peg...No Ignition key...

Opened the cave & pulled Custurd out its not in the ignition, been there done that, diff key for the seat so it's not there...

Rode off got as far as the Jet station & it bucketed down...No waterproofs with me so spun round & came home a bit damp...

Called of Tony for today...the lying gitfaced weather bods said it would be raining but much later this arvo... :x

Came home & started a thourgh search...bins, under chairs, pockets, the gloves I was wearing last night,draws, the washing machine, the gravel outside me back door, the Cave floor...Blinking every where...Proper stumped !

Just buy another Storm, Mac- you'll get a couple of keys with that, and you can sell the rest of it for parts.....
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

tony.mon wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 3:06 pm
MacV2 wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 12:35 pm Got all me gear on, ready to pop over to Tony's...Grabbed me keys off the peg...No Ignition key...

Just buy another Storm, Mac- you'll get a couple of keys with that, and you can sell the rest of it for parts.....
Ha bloody Ha...The fruitless search has continued...still no sign...but I won't give up...just yet... :lol:

Maybe Maddie has it or Emelia...?
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Well you were giving Frank a bit of a verbal bashing lately..........................................................................................................so my money is on him hiding it, it's called payback :lol:

I detest things like that, I hope it turns up soon Mac,

Chris.
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

sirch345 wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 8:48 pm Well you were giving Frank a bit of a verbal bashing lately..........................................................................................................so my money is on him hiding it, it's called payback :lol:

I detest things like that, I hope it turns up soon Mac,

Chris.
:lol: :lol: Little 8 leggedgit will get a size 8 on his head if he has hidden it... :twisted:
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Never assume...

JazzmasterJ came round for a CTT change...Was always planning on a bit of a service as well...

So dropped oil as soon as he got here then finished off the GrainStorm bacon...

Started in to strip down, Crank case plugs out without a fight, tank off, air box off, air fillter in real good nick, bottom of the box off &...

It already has manuals in it ... :thumbup:

Anyhoo whipped the plugs out & decided to take off the rear cam cover to check the tension... Which was ok...

So new plugs back in, airbox & tank. Fresh brake fluid & re bleed front brakes. Fairing back on...Job done another happy Stormer...

Back sometime later in the year for new brake lines & fresh fork oil & springs...

Vanstub was down & had his carbs off for a clean & had the rear of his mongral off as the rear light had failed...He made a new bracket thing to hold the seat on & then sorted the rear light out...a dodgy crimp had failed...

Only issue was when he went to go the crate wouldnt start & the batt went flat...Bump start in order...a lot easier than bumping a Storm !

In other news Milli the 8mill socket turned up, it was on an extension bar but in the wrong draw... :thumbup:

Still no sign of missing key... :thumbdown:
JazzmasterJ

Post by JazzmasterJ »

The moment of manual realisation... I always said I was a mechanical idiot! Maybe just an all rounder... doh

Massive thanks Mac for the shared experience, bacon sarnie and cups of tea. Looking forward to sussing out some braided lines!

Ace to meet you and Vanstub - maybe next time I’ll try not to be quite as left over from the night before...