what have you done to your "bike" today

General Biker Banter
Kev L

Re: what have you done to your "bike" today

Post by Kev L »

Cheers chaps. Bit of a Barry Sheena reference going on there Mav? Are the cafes serving from a hatch or can you sit in? I haven’t been out for ages.
Today I took the front forks off of the T10. Feck me the mischief folk can do to a bike over 50 years! All sorts of mismatched shite going on in there. It’ll get sorted.
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
uk13iker

Post by uk13iker »

Had a ride to devils bridge second run this week on the TL. Starting to like it now after 2 decent rides still need to get more miles on her, considering a track day at oulton park end of July that will be good to see what she can do. And hopefully we can get the Wales op storm in this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

Kev, that bike is looking very tasty these days, :clap:

Lee, I forgot you got a TL. GET some more photos up
AMcQ
nigelrb

Re: what have you done to your

Post by nigelrb »

uk13iker wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 8:04 pm Had a ride to devils bridge second run this week on the TL. Starting to like it now after 2 decent rides . . .
Will be interesting to read some comparisons after a couple more rides :wink: .
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Nue Red out for a spot of early shopping.

Not much to report, it started & stopped when I need to...

Recent MOT numbers showed I did 2k ish on it last year, which is quite poor if you think about it...

I supose I kind of make up for it with Custurd doing 1400 mls per month, commuting when the world is a normal place... :lol:
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

Watched my 75000 mile cb600 head off under its new owner.
260 quid, with a brand new MOT.
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
fabiostar

Re: what have you done to your

Post by fabiostar »

Kev L wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 9:04 pm Just gave her a clean up. Still love the lines of her, the colour combination and the noise it makes, brilliant bike, love it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

god thats a sweet looking storm :thumbup: :thumbup:
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
Dickiebig

Post by Dickiebig »

Rode it, my mate came over and we went out for approx 100 pootle around 😚
Nearly didn't go anywhere as when I pushed the button it went click. Jump started it of the Mrs car 😁👍
Found the battery connections loose, so tightened them and it's now on the optimate.
Still nice to be out and a Magnum as well but shhhhhhhh mums the word 😁👍
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

tony.mon wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 7:58 pm Today I fitted the quadlock phone mount I've had for a couple of weeks. It securely mounts my Pixel 4xl and should allow me to use the Google maps satnav while riding, and charge it wirelessly at the same time.

I mounted it via a fuse on the main feed and a relay with a diode, so that any shared battery from the phone won't reach the 2 oh no's systems- it's can bus, so not as straightforward as a storm.

Fitting was ok, I bought the extension pice as well as the handlebar clamp and the wireless charger, it also has a phone case with the quadlock socket on the reverse and a "storm cover", which is a waterproof partial case. With a discount of 10 percent, just under £100.

Fitting was ok, but I wanted it to look professional, with most of the wiring hidden from view, so it took most of the afternoon.

Nice soldered joints throughout. The relay with a diode was from Halfords, £8, so not bad at all.

The 2, oh, no has a socket in a flying lead in the front fairing, a few screws and three panels reveals it, and I used that as the 12v switched supply to the relay.

All connected, one small heart attack palpitation when I turned the ignition on having made all if the connections and the dash displayed ABS and traction control warnings, but that was because I hadn't yet replaced the tank and so some connections were not plugged in.
Once they were refitted, all well.

However, it doesn't seem to charge the phone.....
It's a bit expensive for a phone mount .
I've checked all connections and outputs, all good, fuses ok, and so the wireless charger bit is getting power ok.
But the charger part is only effective up to 10mm from the phone itself, by the time you get the special case with the mounting ring on the back, plus the quadlock mount itself, it's not far off 10mm.

We'll see, juries out so far.
I'll see how it goes on the run up to the MSS dyno on Tuesday.
Update: I used the quadlock mount, and all ok so far. There is a lot of vibration (can be felt buzzing through a fingertip in a bike gloves) and so I didn't not think it's going to do the phone anyvl good.
I'm also on the Aprilia forum, and a fella with the same phone (Pixel XL4) has killed his camera several times using his quadlock mount.
I contacted quadlock, they say they're aware of the problem, but it affects less than 1 percent of user's phones.
Seems to be that if you're selling a product that kills the camera on 1percent of user's phones, maybe you shouldn't be selling the product.....

Be careful of this product.....
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
StuartWags

Post by StuartWags »

sold..... first time in 10 years i dont have one
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

StuartWags wrote: Sun Jun 07, 2020 1:14 am sold..... first time in 10 years i dont have one
:(
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
Nosepicker

Post by Nosepicker »

StuartWags wrote: Sun Jun 07, 2020 1:14 am sold..... first time in 10 years i dont have one
Sorry to hear that Stuart, but do tell us about your next projects.
As far as I can read from your posts, you're not the kind of guy who sits around waiting for the grass to grow :thumbup:
Bad choices make good stories :D
StuartWags

Post by StuartWags »

Nosepicker wrote: Sun Jun 07, 2020 10:15 am
Sorry to hear that Stuart, but do tell us about your next projects.
As far as I can read from your posts, you're not the kind of guy who sits around waiting for the grass to grow :thumbup:
Absolutely, space has already been filled with a mint 2001 Fireblade. That sits along side the pretty mint ST1300 2007 . And then there is the CBR600F3 track bike ex race bike.... so will not be twiddling my thumbs
nigelrb

Post by nigelrb »

StuartWags wrote: Sun Jun 07, 2020 11:00 am
Absolutely, space has already been filled with a mint 2001 Fireblade. . .
And I can assure members that 'mint' is an understatement. :thumbup:
freeridenick

Post by freeridenick »

Evicted the wasps that had taken up residence outside my shed door. No activity tonight so all looks good for nest removal and access to my bike again.