what have you done to your "bike" today

General Biker Banter
tony.mon

Re: what have you done to your "bike" today

Post by tony.mon »

I have one with sound light mountings.
Top mountings might be a bit in need of repair, will have a look in the morning.
Yours for nowt if you want it.
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

yesterday I removed the decals from my exhausts, as they were looking tatty, the cans also had bad strap marks, but i'd been nervous about trying to sort them out because they're titanium.
but after reading lloydies advice on the subject I decided to give it a go.
decals put up a little bit of a fight, because I couldn't be arsed to go get the heat gun... :roll:
the glue residue came off easily enough with wd40.
then I used a Spanish style scotchbrite pad and more wd40 to clean off the strap marks and then the whole can got the same treatment so it left an even finish.
rather happy with the result. now I just need to order 2 new decals from calsports.... :thumbup:

HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

tony.mon wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2017 9:08 pm I have one with sound light mountings.
Top mountings might be a bit in need of repair, will have a look in the morning.
Yours for nowt if you want it.
Cheers Tony but the white haired charmer Mr Luxford has sorted me out with a nice bloo one.

Thanks for the offer tho... :thumbup:
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
StormyRob

Post by StormyRob »

Assisted by the ever helpful Fabio in getting a flywheel off a crank and now in the engine going into the Dark Blue Storm. CCTs here now as well as all the gaskets so hopefully swap during the week after its timed up etc
If you don't try you never know if you can do it.
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

I had a great 200 mile ride today, overcast and grey, but still in the low 20's, even had a few spots of rain.... :eek2
todays ride had every thing, hardly any traffic, only one police car, stunning scenery, fast sweeping roads, slow twisty roads. oap's asking me to rev the engine as I ride through their town... :lol: :lol: :lol:
I will have to invest in an action cam, as pictures just don't do it justice. oh and I almost ran out of fuel as the petrol station I was planning on filling up in was closed... :roll:
had to ride slowly in top gear for 20 miles, I put 17 litres in, so I only had 2 left in the tank.... :eek2

I think this shop hangs the hams to wind up the local cats... :lol:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

The police may have been otherwise engaged ‘sorting out’ the Catalan election if the news is anything to go by. Very messy.
Nice shots Marty, you sure it’s to wind up the cats and not relocated Londinium cabbies? :lol:
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

Kev L wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2017 8:47 pm The police may have been otherwise engaged ‘sorting out’ the Catalan election if the news is anything to go by. Very messy.
Nice shots Marty, you sure it’s to wind up the cats and not relocated Londinium cabbies? :lol:
we've been munching our way through a ham that a friend bought us 6 months ago, they last forever :lol: :lol: :lol:
very messy scenes indeed, spain isn't doing itself any favours atm. I only saw one group of protestors today, in a small town called Corbera, the police were there, but they were just looking on, probably 200 people and 4 officers.
some of the tv footage is very bad, people around the world will realise that spain is still backward, a real shame. :(
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

StormyRob wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2017 3:25 pm Assisted by the ever helpful Fabio in getting a flywheel off a crank and now in the engine going into the Dark Blue Storm. CCTs here now as well as all the gaskets so hopefully swap during the week after its timed up etc
was a nice wee morning :D .. and my day got better as you know but il wait until the photos load and see who knows what i found lol :shh:
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Took the Custard for a new rear tyre. Old one a bit squared off after commuting up & down the A2 since it was fitted at the last Mot. Not done bad as had nearly 7k out of it... :thumbup:

Then rode over to Crayford to pick up a special sprocket for Malcs XJ600...he ordered it from B&C express & they got the size wrong so a deal was done to pick it up direct from the importers, who normaly dont deal direct with Joe Public...

Not hard to find...bloody big warehouse stuffed to the rafters with racking full of bike bits... 8O

This mob are the importers of stuff like JT sprockets & Hi Flo fillters.

Will be popping out later to meet up with Malc to hand over said sprocket.

Spoke to him about 13.00 & he still hadn't left Devon...
podman

Post by podman »

Had a great ride out enjoying this late autumn sunshine , ended up over at Bikerswold Daventry and took the new GSXR1000 out for a couple of hours this afternoon, what a fantastic bike ,the power was immense & very addictive, I do miss the lunacy of my old GSXR at times....when I left on the FireStorm, I seriously thought something was up with it for a few miles, felt like it had a 21" front wheel , a flat front tyre, and the vibrations where really noticeable!...Despite all that, the GSXR left me totally unmoved & uninspired to buy one, just confirmed to me im officially an old b'std & done with the sportsbike thing but id love to repeat the experience on a track..

[url]Image

Bikersworld are really good with their test rides, so if you fancy a blat on it, give them a bell.
StormyRob

Post by StormyRob »

Today I decided to put a front head onto the 20k engine going into the 50k bike which had the destroyed valve and piston (good engine had its front robbed by the previous owner).

Made a boo boo at the start. Got the head on. Cams on chain on...etc. Then went to get mcct in and realised the hole was on the wrong side!!!!!! Yes..I accidentally used a reae head.

Anyway head off and front on. Turned about 30 times by hand and seems good. Just need to sort the rear one tomorrow and ready for engine swap.
ImageImageImage

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

Good work, Rob.
Remember to re-torque the head bolts when you get it back in the frame; it's impossible to get them properly tight with the engine sliding about on its cardboard skid on fake parquet.
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
StormyRob

Post by StormyRob »

Fake parquet! Only the best flooring in this house!

Actually managed to wedge it against the sofa which allowed them to be torqued up. Hopefully it fires up ok
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

StormyRob wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2017 8:58 pm Fake parquet! Only the best flooring in this house!

Actually managed to wedge it against the sofa which allowed them to be torqued up. Hopefully it fires up ok
I would hope this day & age your sofa is fire rated... Why on earth would you want to set fire to it ? :Shrug:
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Thurs night 21.30hrs-ish met up with a shady bloke in a white transit at a petrol station in Wrotham. To hand over a sprocket.

Bit strange as haven't ridden in the dark since October 22nd last year & that didn't end up very well... :lol: